Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Gospel of Jesus Christ: What is it, exactly?
Topic Summary: ...a few thoughts for believers regarding the one who loved us and shed his blood for our sin.
Created On: 01/15/2018 03:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/15/2018 03:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ummm

Joined Forum: 03/24/2014

01/15/2018 04:28 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Clearly something profound happened a couple of thousand years ago. Unfortunately the truth has been changed by contact with so many generations of men. Actions speak louder than words

-------------------------
"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 01/15/2018 04:56 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I can appreciate a Jewish revolutionary, unfortunately his message of love was stolen and corrupted to support authoritarian capitalists.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 01/15/2018 05:55 PM

ummm

Rusty Truck - you are 100% correct. The early apostles shared everything, with no regard for accumulating wealth. 

All3 - There is not one tv preacher I trust and I don’t go to any type of church. I have studied the history of the Bible exhaustively, which resulted a massive change of opinion. I trust the family of Greek New Testament manuscripts that come from Antioch, Syria circa 61 AD. This line of manuscripts is now codified into was is called the Textus Receptus, and was used to create the Geneva and King James Bibles. Psalm 12 tells us that God is strong enough to preserve his word to mankind and at this point, the KJV is the only thing I trust. The chain of custody and the more that 5,550 pieces of manuscript evidence prove that God has indeed preserved his voice for this generation...forever.

Below is a brief history of Bible manuscripts. There are two lines...one from Antioch, Syria, and the one every single new version uses, and that line hails from the gnostic school in Alexandria, Egypt circa 200AD:

https://followingjesuschrist3.com/2015/10/24/the-bible-version-controversy-a-brief-history/

01/16/2018 11:17 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

all tainted by mankind

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 01/16/2018 11:49 AM

ummm

If God is strong enough to create the universe, and make clean, blue head-high barrels all over the world, then he is strong enough to protect his voice to mankind. 

01/16/2018 12:03 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Ummm, I know you're a believer, but it doesn't take much observation to come to the conclusion that either God does not exist as described in the Judeo-Christian-Islamic books OR he's a real asshole.

More likely God is a man made construct which is useful to calm fears, explain the unknown, and enforce social control.

But, wait, there's more...

As a consolation, there's decent evidence that there is a positive energy in the universe that runs through all living things, and it's possible to be in "tune" with it. It's all around us, but notably lacking on NSR sometimes.

Nevermind the old books beyond the suggestions that people should love one another. If you manifest the positive force then you ARE God. And so am I, and the birds, and the animals.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 01/16/2018 12:09 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: ummm If God is strong enough to create the universe, and make clean, blue head-high barrels all over the world, then he is strong enough to protect his voice to mankind. 

ummmmmmmmmmmmm, you kinda conveneiently overlooked

childhood cancer,

the holocaust,

and that whole slavery thing.

(for starters)

but,

Continue, if you must. This won't end well, btw.

01/16/2018 01:30 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Why is god always a 'he'?

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 01/16/2018 02:30 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Edited: 01/16/2018 at 03:53 PM by theglide
 01/16/2018 03:39 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

jesus 2historical jesus"FYI

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a234/1282186/

FYI - A historically scientific correct view (alternate fact?) of what Jesus may have really looked like..

Whahhhh? No blue eyes? Small nose?

Looks Jewish? Not Northern European? Wahhhhhh!! Waahhhhh!

Kinda 'brown' looking - not 'lilly white'? Arian?

Not like any pictures of jesus that I have seen before - anywhere..

Can't be - head explosions everywhere!!!!

Now for the 'correct' "Bible" 'version'.....

"The Great Bible of 1539 was the first authorized edition of the Bible in English, authorized by King Henry VIII of England to be read aloud in the church services of the Church of England."

"The Supreme Head of the Church of England was a title created for King Henry VIII of England, who was responsible for the foundation of the English Protestant church that broke away from the authority of the Roman Catholic Church after the Pope excommunicated Henry in 1533 over his divorce from Catherine of Aragon."

Wonder he had 'input' or 'influence' considering his other 'transgressions'...

Really think that the KJV is most 'trustworthy' and 'accurate' considering the above well defined and known 'link'?

The King of England was thereafter the 'de facto' ruler of the church - per Henry 8th...

Is this really what you base your claim on?

Wow, makes a lot of sense now putting all of the above in historical perspective..

Getting any of this fishy.. Can smell you on here - but cant see you..  Hmmmm...

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

Edited: 01/16/2018 at 03:58 PM by surfsail
 01/16/2018 05:34 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Yo...FOOL.

There is NO physical (real human) description of Jesus Christ in Scripture.

All of that posturing and BS is bovine feces!

FAIL!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 01/16/2018 at 05:55 PM by Fish Killer
 01/16/2018 05:43 PM

ummm

There were nice, thick chest to head waves at a select sandbar in Jupiter today.

There is energy in the universe...but it sure isn't positive. Rape, murder, greed, terrorism, lust, hate, organized religion, etc.

The idea that there is no God is insane. Nothing exploded into everything? It would be like a tornado blowing through a junkyard a billion times. Would it ever create a Boening 747? How about billions of self replicating creatures? No chance. We were designed, and it is obvious. We are all just selfish idiots.

The world sucks because of sin. We love to do whatever the heck we want with no regard for the one who made us and loves us. Occasionally we will reach out and help someone but our good is infintesimal compared to our selfishness.

Jesus was brown. Just look at a map. He looks like a Jordanian, Palestinian or Syrian...because that is where he is from. 

The KJV has nothing to do with Henry the 8th. Another King.. one named James commissioned it...and he hired 54 of the most brilliant scholars in the UK (I have read every one of their CV's), to work in groups of 5 to translate the entire New Testament and then the groups got together to hamer out the final translation. That is the way to do it. I spent many months studying this issue with the hope of finding that my NIV was acceptable. What I found was that 98.8% of all of the extant manuscript EVIDENCE supports the Textus Receptus, which is the Greek manuscript which underpins the KJV. The Evidence led me to a Bible I never wanted to read...but now I can't live without it. Believe it....or not. 

I love free speech. May we always cherish it. 

01/16/2018 05:47 PM

ummm

FK - you are a total disgrace to anyone who says they are a christian. You are full of hate and anger. I won't get into it with you, but know that you are not a christian as defined by the Bible, because, as Peter says, without love...we are nothing. 

Here is a description of Jesus i the Bible FYI:

Revelation 1:12-18

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

01/16/2018 05:50 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: ummm

FK - you are a total disgrace to anyone who says they are a christian.

Back at ya!

FOOL!

Oh...and that isn't a physical description of Jesus Christ...as in what he looked like before he was crucified...walking the street!

Your claim is a flat out hysterical LIE!

"On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11 which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

Only a FOOL would claim that a "Spiritual" description was that of a physical person walking the street at that time!

That's right...you're a FOOL!

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 01/16/2018 at 06:02 PM by Fish Killer
 01/16/2018 05:52 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

That God is a he in Christian tradition is purely an artifact of the times and the thinking of the men who first wrote this stuff down. Not much need for genetalia because there is only the one.

Why is there such a thing called sin ummm. Why didn't they just make us perfect?

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 01/16/2018 06:14 PM

ummm

God didn't want robots. He wanted us to have freewill. 

01/16/2018 07:11 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: ummm

God didn't want robots. He wanted us to have freewill. 

God didn't want FOOLS either!

He had a lot to say about them.

Fool.

^These are PROVED facts.
 01/16/2018 07:11 PM

jollymon

Joined Forum: 02/14/2004

For the record, I believe that God is aware of every moment of our existence and cares deeply about each of us individually. I believe Jesus was the son of God and existed to allow us to have a relationship with Him. I'm not into debating and trying to convince people about accuracy and details. Details actually aren't necessary for me. The fact that so many discuss it and search for some meaning actually suggests our desire to figure it out. Find someone who strikes you as different and exceptionally genuine and loving, and if they are into their faith have a dialogue. I appreciate the suspicion around religion and men using religion for some really distorted purposes. I personally believe if Jesus was in the lineup with us or walking the beach or eating locally we would be blown away by His love and compassion. Shane Claiborne is an interesting author/speaker who suggests if the followers or Christ truly lived his teachings, it would be super contagious. If it sounds like I'm preaching, I'm actually not. I love my family and think they are amazing and I love to talk about them. I have a 9'6" RA What I Ride model that is all time and I love to brag on it to anyone who will listen. And, I actually believe God is alive and loves us and wants to connect with us and it has really rocked my existence so I feel selfish if I don't share that also. I know I've exceeded my allowed characters, so I apologize. Thanks for letting me share...
 01/16/2018 07:15 PM

Fish Killer

Cool jollymon...you sound real.

^These are PROVED facts.
Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .