Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Off-Shore Oil/Gas Drilling Ban Lifted
Topic Summary: Florida Coast
Created On: 01/04/2018 02:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/05/2018 11:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

no matter how shitty something is, crankit and cheater cannot just simply agree on one single thing with others on this forum that hold opposing views on other issues. amazing...

-------------------------
QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 01/05/2018 01:00 PM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

The wind farms would be worth the view being messed up imo. Not to mention, they would bring their own kind of beauty knowing that clean energy it was bringing in.
 01/05/2018 01:15 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Yeah, the wind farm isn't going to spill anything. Watching them turn is kind of zen.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 01/05/2018 02:43 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Spinners are cheap now!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 01/05/2018 03:35 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: wtf

no matter how shitty something is, crankit and cheater cannot just simply agree on one single thing with others on this forum that hold opposing views on other issues. amazing...

Or vice versa, consider what you just posted, you are hysterically funny
How many times does it take to say I am against it?
 01/05/2018 04:43 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: miker

The wind farms would be worth the view being messed up imo. Not to mention, they would bring their own kind of beauty knowing that clean energy it was bringing in.

I agree.

They also aren't all Superfund sites.

Can we get the tar cleaning stations like Texas has too?

I was right.
 01/05/2018 05:10 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: Sparky

The gulf coast is littered with them. Great structure for fishing great jobs. Yea go for it. Drill baby drill. Remember when blue horizons was supposed to have killed everything and ruined all the gulf coast beaches? Yea me neither. We have bigger risks with the floating golden corrals (cruise ships) and people who visit the beaches than offshore oil platforms.

"Mortality rates for common bottlenose dolphins living in Barataria Bay, Louisiana were 8 percent higher and their reproductive success was 63 percent lower compared to other dolphin populations.

An estimated 600,000 to 800,000 birds died as a result of the spill.

Harmful oil and/or oil dispersant chemicals were found in about 80 percent of pelican eggs that were laid in Minnesota, more than 1,000 miles from the Gulf, where most of these birds spend winters.

Oil exposure caused heart failure in juvenile bluefin and yellowfin tunas, reduced swimming ability in juvenile mahi-mahi and caused gill tissue damage in killifish.

The oil plume caused bleaching and tissue loss in deep-water coral reefs over an area three times larger than Manhattan.

Endangered sea turtles that had migrated to the Gulf from Mexico, South America and West Africa died in the spill, demonstrating the global scale of impacts.

The 50,000 people involved in the spill cleanup were exposed to chemicals that severely damage lung tissue.
Cleanup workers and their spouses reported increased depression and domestic disputes.

Even Gulf residents indirectly affected by the spill suffered from increased anxiety and depression.
It can take a decade or more for oil spill victims to recover from the physical and psychological effects of an oil disaster.

The impact of the oil spill on fisheries could total $8.7 billion by 2020, including the loss of 22,000 jobs.

10 million user-days of beach, fishing and boating activity were lost."

oceana.org

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 01/06/2018 02:53 PM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

yeah, the stuff WG posted is just the stuff the clueless scientists were actually able to measure.  As some faux media promote, scientists cannot be trusted to do much of anything right, so let's put their ability to actually find something at 25% and thus the deepwater spills impact was really 3X as bad as the things mentioned above. 

01/06/2018 03:12 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

PLus there is no need for more oil production in today's world.
Just the opposite, we need to slow it down.
Leave it in the ground.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 01/06/2018 06:16 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Rape, pillage, plunder. Hell with sustainability, hell with future generations of americans. Aka: our kids.
Give all the pigshit fatcats tax breaks. The next generation will pay for it.
Gut environmental protection: the next generation will pay for it.
Note to chumpfscum dirtbags:
The next generation is of voting age now
And they're really pissed off

It's a democratic hoax
 01/06/2018 10:00 PM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

i need gas for my car. i own oil stock. DRILL BABY DRILL. just not in my backyard.
 01/08/2018 04:19 AM

Sparky

Joined Forum: 02/09/2005

We humans are just a speck of dust when it comes to the evolution of the earth. Our time on this rock will come to end one day no matter what we do. Plenty of life was here before us and plenty of life will be after us. Don't go thinking were some highly evolved life form that can change the course of time. When the planet has had enough of us that will be it. No amount of "sustainablitity" or "alternative energy" will change that. You guys go on and worry about that bullshit I am going to head to gulf and hunt for some yellowfin around one these world ending structures I mean fish magnets.

01/08/2018 05:42 AM

Cole

We humans are just a speck of dust when it comes to the evolution of the earth. Our time on this rock will come to end one day no matter what we do. Plenty of life was here before us and plenty of life will be after us. Don't go thinking were some highly evolved life form that can change the course of time. When the planet has had enough of us that will be it. No amount of "sustainablitity" or "alternative energy" will change that. You guys go on and worry about that bullshit I am going to head to gulf and hunt for some yellowfin around one these world ending structures I mean fish magnets.

Yes, let's just speed it all up and end our race that much sooner.

I guess you are the type that likes toxic levels of Mercury in his tasty tuna steaks.

Do you ever bother to think? About anything? Ever?

I was right.
 01/08/2018 05:50 AM

miker

The only thing, barring a cosmic event that destroys everything on this planet, that will kill us off is ourselves (directly or indirectly). We control our own evolution and we will move beyond the confines of this planet, eventually, ensuring the continuity of the species we rapidly becoming.

01/08/2018 07:20 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

f-ing clueless assclown

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 01/08/2018 07:58 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

A surfer voting for a republican is a traitor.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 01/08/2018 11:58 AM

miker

Originally posted by: jdbman

Unless the republican believes in science and climate change.

Are there any?
 01/08/2018 12:41 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: miker

Originally posted by: jdbman

Unless the republican believes in science and climate change.

Are there any?

They used to be normal educated yuppies, wft happened?

I was right.
 01/08/2018 02:24 PM

Sparky

Joined Forum: 02/09/2005

Yep I like all those mercury laden fish. Crazy as it sounds I eat Amberjack and Kingfish. Usually the smallest ones but occasionally the larger ones. As I stated you guys go ahead and worry about all that bullshit that you have no control over. Join hands and protest and sing and lose sleep. When you accept the fact that big money will do what it wants regardless of you your life will get better.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if we all rode bikes and lived in huts. Which I know all you save the planet people do. I will just continue to be a clueless ass clown who understands his place in the world.

01/08/2018 04:17 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Yep I like all those mercury laden fish. Crazy as it sounds I eat Amberjack and Kingfish. Usually the smallest ones but occasionally the larger ones. As I stated you guys go ahead and worry about all that bullshit that you have no control over. Join hands and protest and sing and lose sleep. When you accept the fact that big money will do what it wants regardless of you your life will get better.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if we all rode bikes and lived in huts. Which I know all you save the planet people do. I will just continue to be a clueless ass clown who understands his place in the world.

Me, me, me. Its all about me.....
What are the symptoms of mercury poisoning anyway?
Seems to be another clueless adherent to the MILO!/slobbannon bleitfart school of thought: just burn it all down, fuck everybody else.
Ever seen video of the effects of severe long term exposure mercury poisoning on children, maggot chumpfscum? Sounds like its started on you already, please let us know when it progresses so we can shoot video and laugh at you.
duuuhhhhh......

It's a democratic hoax
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Off-Shore Oil/Gas Drilling Ban Lifted

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .