Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Off-Shore Oil/Gas Drilling Ban Lifted
Topic Summary: Florida Coast
Created On: 01/04/2018 02:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/04/2018 02:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

IHB1979

Joined Forum: 04/11/2013

Regardless which way you lean, red or blue, I would think this would concern any coastal Florida resident.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/04/politics/offshore-drilling-plan/index.html

Thoughts?

01/04/2018 03:30 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

It's hard to believe but there are surfers and fishermen on this board who are all for it!

01/04/2018 03:43 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Fantastic.

-------------------------
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 01/04/2018 03:59 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Originally posted by: theglide

It's hard to believe but there are surfers and fishermen on this board who are all for it!

Those are the same morons who think rick scott and this sik legislature "are doing a fine job"
By allowing the pig sugar companies (whom we subsidize with our federal tax dollars) to dump vast amounts of agricultural and industrial wastes into lake O.
Creating toxic algae blooms that wipe out recreational and commercial water businesses, on both coasts.
Or think fracking with toxic chemicals is a real good idea for our fragile fresh water supplies.

ENOUGH already, my fellow water lovers. Absolutely no fuckin way is oil being drilled off my reefs and beaches!
I lived, surfed and dove in the waters of santa barbara for many years, and return every year. The thought of tar and oil smothering our priceless coral reefs and beaches. Fouling our fish, birds and beaches. And children:
Should enrage everyone here.......

It's a democratic hoax
 01/04/2018 04:22 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

I am not for it but danger lies south of us with Cuba and China running amuck with nobody watching them for shortcuts or shoddy drilling techniques. Also the smoked out Cali boys seem to have adjusted to their rigs; as well as the Gulfsters. As I said; I am not for it but we are surrounded.
 01/04/2018 05:13 PM

nukeh2o

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

I am not for it but danger lies south of us with Cuba and China running amuck with nobody watching them for shortcuts or shoddy drilling techniques. Also the smoked out Cali boys seem to have adjusted to their rigs; as well as the Gulfsters. As I said; I am not for it but we are surrounded.

Yahbut cuba, venezuela. Yahbut gulf and california. And yada yada....
What in the world does that, in any way, shape, or form have to do with the damage that is planned by the chumpf anti science, anti education, and anti environment dirtbags.
Or that has been, and is currently being, done to our natural and water resources by our elected officials. Right here in front of us!
For God sake, try for once to focus on an important issue altblight, MILO!bart goons.
Without immediately resorting to the l.s.d and yahbut, yahbut nonsense....

It's a democratic hoax
 01/04/2018 06:15 PM

cheaterfiveo

you just cant help yourself yady ya, I said twice I am against it, capeche?
 01/04/2018 06:42 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

It's capiche. If you're going to try and be cute, at least try and spell correctly.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 01/04/2018 06:48 PM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Here in South Carolina where coastal tourism just reported a value of $20 billion, our junior senator - Tim Scott - just cashed his check of $459k from the oil & gas lobby.
I guess it's nice to know what his price is.

01/04/2018 07:49 PM

nukeh2o

Eh, goomba paisan wit da capiche: then hows about you stop with the lie spin distract kaka: cuba, venezuela. Gulf coast, my brilliant productive, innovative watersports brothers in california: channel islands (al merrick shaped my first board there in 72. Malcolm campbell is my friend) and the bonzer bros. They know the effects of utterly sik oil drilling off their home coasts. They were forced to grow up with it by the oil industry
And try wising the the fuk up. And help the actual florida watermen try to stop this travesty, dork.

Or just give us some alex jones and MILO! bannon progaganda to the contrary, as per the usual tired routine.
Duuuhhhhhhh........

It's a democratic hoax
 01/04/2018 07:56 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

That self dealing pos should be run out of town after a proper tarring and feathering.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/04/2018 08:16 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

In an attempt to triangulate more to the center, in preparation for his Senatorial run ..... Gov Skeletor actually came out with a statement opposing the lifting of the offshore drilling ban.

An ol saying about blind hogs and acorns comes to mind.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 01/04/2018 08:33 PM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Didn't Rubio & Nelson give the green light to Zinke for the EPA job?

I mean, they knew what he was about before voting this turd into the top Enviromental Protection job, right?

Like, shouldn't it be no suprize that Trump chanted "drill, baby, drill" at rallies, and Rubio & Nelson saw & heard it (Scott, too)?

Don't be "aww shucks" now.

01/04/2018 08:47 PM

nukeh2o

Ohhh, noow scotts all touchy feely about our water resources, eh?
His record speaks otherwise.
Governor pig sugar, blue green algae promoter.
Time i light off the information dogshit that has been this enemy of floridas watersportsmen through his nightmarish anti environmental campaign.
Dont know which ones a bigger enemy of our water resources: chumpf, or pig sugar rick.
So here come all my posts by all the fish, dive and charter operators. Time share, resort, and hotel/motel operators. Who ate shit multiple times because of rick scotts policies
And remember joe negron. A republican, (an actual one!). Who finally did something to stop rick scotts sik anti enviroment agenda, against my, OUR florida

It's a democratic hoax
 01/04/2018 08:54 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: follydude

Didn't Rubio & Nelson give the green light to Zinke for the EPA job?

I mean, they knew what he was about before voting this turd into the top Enviromental Protection job, right?

Like, shouldn't it be no suprize that Trump chanted "drill, baby, drill" at rallies, and Rubio & Nelson saw & heard it (Scott, too)?

Don't be "aww shucks" now.

Yes, VERY disappointingly, Nelson did vote to confirm Zinke .... and I personally gave him an ear full about it!! He mumbled something about, worse alternatives than Zinke, if he was not confirmed .... I called BS on that also.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 01/05/2018 04:33 AM

Sparky

Joined Forum: 02/09/2005

The gulf coast is littered with them. Great structure for fishing great jobs. Yea go for it. Drill baby drill. Remember when blue horizons was supposed to have killed everything and ruined all the gulf coast beaches? Yea me neither. We have bigger risks with the floating golden corrals (cruise ships) and people who visit the beaches than offshore oil platforms.

01/05/2018 06:09 AM

cheaterfiveo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

It's capiche. If you're going to try and be cute, at least try and spell correctly.

Well well grammar and spelling cop back on the beat, the cat who never ever made a mistake. all hail rusty truck aka surf webster
 01/05/2018 06:10 AM

cheaterfiveo

Originally posted by: nukeh2o

Eh, goomba paisan wit da capiche: then hows about you stop with the lie spin distract kaka: cuba, venezuela. Gulf coast, my brilliant productive, innovative watersports brothers in california: channel islands (al merrick shaped my first board there in 72. Malcolm campbell is my friend) and the bonzer bros. They know the effects of utterly sik oil drilling off their home coasts. They were forced to grow up with it by the oil industry

And try wising the the fuk up. And help the actual florida watermen try to stop this travesty, dork.

Or just give us some alex jones and MILO! bannon progaganda to the contrary, as per the usual tired routine.

Duuuhhhhhhh........

try an online reading course, oh by the way wow dude like you are like really like famous like wow we all like really are impressed, not
 01/05/2018 06:20 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

See the source image

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 01/05/2018 07:58 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Whoa... seems the pandering pussy Gov. that we currently have is lining up against this. Hell freezing over?

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .