Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: GOP tax plan
Topic Summary: Winners and losers
Created On: 12/15/2017 08:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/15/2017 08:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Well it looks like it benefits me, but it's going to backfire on small business and white trash trump voters.

Whatever I don't spend on whiskey and whores I'll probably contribute to libtard-o-prog organizations. Maybe a little something for Anitfa.

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 12/15/2017 08:50 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Well it looks like it benefits me, but it's going to backfire on small business and white trash trump voters. Whatever I don't spend on whiskey and whores I'll probably contribute to libtard-o-prog organizations. Maybe a little something for Anitfa.

Well, I am not a whiskey drinker and my gf discourages any whoring. Guess I will devote my extra cash to improving my farm business.

I :heart; Q
 12/15/2017 10:09 AM

RustyTruck

You've got a grow house in Tampa?

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 12/15/2017 02:19 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Corker and Rubio are now YES.

It's a done deal.
 12/15/2017 04:06 PM

RustyTruck

Money in my pocket, but bad for the country.

12/15/2017 04:50 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It's a wash for me and a loss if I start my own business, if itemized deductions are still gone.

God forbid the economy stumbles. I still can't believe they did attach any safeguards.

I was right.
 12/19/2017 02:09 PM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Short term good for everyone, but long term, bad for everyone, except large corporations.

But don't worry, those who wrote it are re-writing it, to make "technical corrections."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep...another-220121843.html

"Technical corrections to major legislation are indeed common, but usually they aim to fix errors that lawmakers discover after passing a bill ? not ones they assume exist beforehand.

Steven Rosenthal, a lawyer and tax expert who formerly worked for the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation, said he was not aware of any other instance in which lawmakers anticipated technical corrections for tax legislation that had not even been enacted.

"This legislation is tax policy malfeasance," Rosenthal said.

Brady said he hoped Democrats would go along with fixing the tax bill post-passage ? a curious request since it wasn't so long ago that Republicans wanted nothing to do with corrections for another piece of major legislation: the Affordable Care Act."

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 12/19/2017 02:23 PM

RustyTruck

The left in all the loopholes that made the effective corporate rate much lower than the published rate.

Trump sold his voters a bill of goods, lied through his teeth, and passed something that gives his family and the R donors a major payday, with crumbs for the working stiffs.

Next comes the cuts to pay for it, and that would be a bitter pill for trump country if they could afford their meds.

12/19/2017 02:30 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Looks like it puts more money in the pockets of most people.
Rusty, nobody is stopping you from giving more!

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 12/19/2017 02:30 PM

tpapablo

So, there will be a mass extinction of Trump voters as a result of this tax reduction? I supposed that they thrived when the PiC raised their taxes?

You guys are sounding very much like the fools that you are.

12/19/2017 02:36 PM

Sniper

Originally posted by: Cole It's a wash for me....

Damn. That is either really good for you or really horrible.

Based on what we know is true about the proposed plan and your comment above, that means that if you are filing jointly, with a spouse, you make under $20K or between $425,000-$480,000 and if you are filing alone, then you make under $10K or between $424,000-$426,000.

Which option you fall under is your business but I would be willing to bet you are just uninformed.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

12/19/2017 02:40 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

The tax plan is polling very poorly.
Most people understand it as a largely giveaway to the rich, paid for with more borrowing.
When it's followed up by cuts in the safety net to try to cover some of its budget busting, the Republican b rand will drop even further.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 12/19/2017 02:52 PM

Sniper

Originally posted by: WG The tax plan is polling very poorly. Most people understand it as a largely giveaway to the rich, paid for with more borrowing. When it's followed up by cuts in the safety net to try to cover some of its budget busting, the Republican b rand will drop even further.

So, you think people making between $10,000 per year and around $70,000 shouldn't be able to keep more of the money they earn?

Do you think the government needs that money more than they do? Would the government spend it on better things than they would?

12/19/2017 03:11 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Sniper
Originally posted by: WG The tax plan is polling very poorly. Most people understand it as a largely giveaway to the rich, paid for with more borrowing. When it's followed up by cuts in the safety net to try to cover some of its budget busting, the Republican b rand will drop even further.
So, you think people making between $10,000 per year and around $70,000 shouldn't be able to keep more of the money they earn? Do you think the government needs that money more than they do? Would the government spend it on better things than they would?

They have no idea what they think. If they hear "tax cuts" they are reflexively against them. End of story.

12/19/2017 03:31 PM

WG

Originally posted by: Sniper

So, you think people making between $10,000 per year and around $70,000 shouldn't be able to keep more of the money they earn?

If the tax cut was just that, limited to working people who need it and wasn't overloaded with cuts for rich people who don't I might support it. But That's not this bill.

Our government is underfunded. The rich (including myself marginally) are doing just fine. Giving away big cuts to the rich is not needed, unless you are a congressman who needs campaign cash from their wealthy donors.

But this bill isn't the worst thing happening right now.
It's bad, but it pales in comparison to the damage that's being done by having a compromised President.

Maybe after they get this passed, the Republican party can stop surrendering to that traitor.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,

Edited: 12/19/2017 at 03:38 PM by WG
 12/19/2017 03:49 PM

Sniper

Originally posted by: WG
Originally posted by: Sniper So, you think people making between $10,000 per year and around $70,000 shouldn't be able to keep more of the money they earn?
f the tax cut was just that, limited to working people who need it and wasn't overloaded with cuts for rich people who don't I might support it. But That's not this bill.

Working people? How much do I need to make before I no longer have to work anymore?

Seems to me that under this bill a small handful of people are going to do the same and pretty much everyone else will be doing better.

Democrats talk like people are born into tax brackets and they stay there for life.

12/19/2017 03:57 PM

WG

Republicans used to talk about deficits.

The result of this is that either they get bigger, or we have to cut safety net spending.
Either way, a lot of people will end up doing much worse.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,

Edited: 12/19/2017 at 04:04 PM by WG
 12/19/2017 04:25 PM

DaveFL76

Joined Forum: 08/16/2003

I'm a business owner and I consider myself an academic... Degrees in Economics, Finance and an MBA. I wouldn't say that I'm any guru, but I'm pretty OK with the meat of the tax plan. There's a reason that Apple and other tech firms set up headquarters in Ireland and other tax friendly places. It'd be great if some of that money stayed in the US. And I'll make out OK with it and, truthfully, if it frees up some dollars, those are more dollars I'll have towards business growth and payroll.

But to brand it as a 'Middle Class Tax Cut' is just disingenuous. There are plenty of reasonable cases to make for why it may help the country out. But to tour through Middle America and saying how this is going to make a big difference to most households is just bad marketing, in my opinion.

Call it what it is. Be real. Don't say what a great 'Christmas Present' this is to the people, when many households will only see a $20 per paycheck difference. People are smarter than that. I think?

But some stuff... no longer making teachers' classroom expenses a deduction? Who's the Scrooge that came up with that one? I hope a name comes out and it becomes part of their next re-election campaign. My hunch is that this will work out 'OK' for the economy as a whole. But most families will feel oversold and under-delivered. That's no way to build trust.

Edited: 12/19/2017 at 04:31 PM by DaveFL76

12/19/2017 04:34 PM

DaveFL76

Joined Forum: 08/16/2003

Originally posted by: WG Republicans used to talk about deficits.
What I find ironic is how every pundit talked about how Congress HAD to kill the ACA in order to get the Tax Cut passed, because if they didn't, there'd be a huge deficit in place that the Republicans surely couldn't vote for. Ha!
 12/19/2017 04:40 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: DaveFL76
Originally posted by: WG Republicans used to talk about deficits.
What I find ironic is how every pundit talked about how Congress HAD to kill the ACA in order to get the Tax Cut passed, because if they didn't, there'd be a huge deficit in place that the Republicans surely couldn't vote for. Ha!

We still do talk about deficits. Cuts have been made. I suspect more are coming. Just watch - the born-again, prog deficit hawks will scream bloody murder when those cuts are made. The bottom line is they are against anything that Republicans do. Makes no difference to them what it is.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : GOP tax plan

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146497 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .