Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Small business protections.
Topic Summary: Or as they commonly known, regulations.
Created On: 12/15/2017 06:40 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/15/2017 06:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Regulations are the enemy. They hamstring business and bloat a bureaucracy. That's the party line and the trumpettes get their base on board with it. Now that it's been a year, the same dull eyes that that attacked their government's regulatory scheme designed to protect them are suddenly realizing that it's a ploy by mega business to crush small business and take their profits at the alter of the alleged free market. In reality, it's a monopoly changing the rules that allow small businesses to compete and trump is at the helm of this ship.

http://www.npr.org/sections/th...rmers-now-theyre-suing

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/15/2017 08:11 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I am a small farmer. I am not having any problems. To the contrary, it is amazing how much gov't help is out there.

I :heart; Q
 12/15/2017 09:35 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Two things, walking in bullshit in the hope that something will grow in it does not make you a farmer and citing your own personal experience as proof is using the exception to masquerade as the rule.

"One of the challenges in mounting the new suit, says OCM's Maxwell, has been the difficulty of finding farmer plaintiffs - most are too afraid of retaliation to speak up.
"When you just have one buyer, you can't go out and start talking about why the market is wrong when that buyer can walk away and bankrupt you," Maxwell says. "It's put a gag order on America's family farmer and threatened their livelihood."

As a lawyer and a hobby farmer, this should offend you.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/15/2017 09:51 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: tpapablo

I am a small farmer. I am not having any problems. To the contrary, it is amazing how much gov't help is out there.

Farmtown on facebook doesnt count LOL

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .