Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Season-Ticket Holder Sues Saints, Wants Refund Over Anthem Protests
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/13/2017 04:58 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/13/2017 04:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Season-Ticket Holder Sues Saints, Wants Refund Over Anthem Protests
by Dylan Gwinn13 Dec 2017

A New Orleans Saints fan and season-ticket holder has sued the franchise for reimbursement of his ticket prices and attorney fees, in response to Saints players kneeling before the anthem at home games and sitting during the anthem in a Week 3 road game.

According to ESPN, "The fan, Lee Dragna, claims in his lawsuit that he bought the tickets for the "entertainment and intellectual enjoyment" of himself and his family and that he never would have bought them if he had known that players would "use Saints football games as a platform for protests." The suit claims Dragna has not attended a Saints home game since Week 2."

While the Saints declined comment, a a source reported by ESPN said the franchise was "taking this very seriously, and this fan best have his facts in order.

"The Saints will come back at this fan who has brought forth incorrect information in his statement with everything to defend the team, organization and players."
advertisement

Speaking of the players, Saints running back Mark Ingram took to Twitter to address the lawsuit:

Ingram himself protested with ten of his teammates during Week 3 of the NFL season. The third week of the NFL season was also the same weekend that saw over 300 players protest in response to President Trump's criticism of the anthem protests at a rally in Alabama.

After Week 3, the players decided to kneel before the playing of the national anthem. Though, that plan still met with fan disapproval. Most notably in mid-October, when Saints players knelt during a moment of silence for a slain New Orleans police officer.

Of the specific claims in the lawsuit, ESPN reports:
The lawsuit, which was first reported by the New Orleans Advocate, also claimed that some Saints players refused to take the field until after the national anthem in a Week 2 home game against the New England Patriots and that many fans booed and cursed at them when they entered the field, though there has never been any report of players staying behind in the locker room to protest during the anthem.

The lawsuit said players who refused to stand for the anthem in Week 3 were 'apparently ... following the lead of Colin Kaepernick by disrespecting the flag, the Anthem, the USA and those who have served and are serving the USA in our military.'

The lawsuit also accuses Saints owner Tom Benson and coach Sean Payton of publicly condoning the practice.
If successful, lawsuits like the one brought by Mr. Dragna, could be duplicated.

NFL anthem protests continue, though not nearly in the numbers seen earlier in the season. Original anthem-protester Colin Kaepernick remains unemployed.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 12/13/2017 05:02 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

yea good luck with that one

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 12/13/2017 09:06 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

What a snowflake! Watch the football! Buy a beer during the anthem

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 12/13/2017 09:23 PM

Fish Killer

I'm not watching one single minute of NFL bullshit!

Not one dime will go to this SHIT!

Not a penny!

Done!

^These are PROVED facts.
 12/13/2017 09:25 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Yep, I don't watch either, why are you so upset over this?

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 12/13/2017 09:27 PM

Fish Killer

If it isn't obvious you are ignorant.

^These are PROVED facts.
 12/14/2017 02:50 AM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Who cares?
Veteran suicide has gone up during the past year.
Talk of support the troops is lip service.
You're a patriot?
Act like one.

Edit to add: it's a shame you and your fellow boycotters can't grasp what this is about.

http://abc7chicago.com/video-o...ce-chief-says/2778307/

Edited: 12/14/2017 at 05:07 AM by follydude
 12/14/2017 05:26 AM

Fish Killer

Listen ASSHOLE....I don't give a SHIT what your excuse is for ANYONE disrespecting our country, flag and veterans!

What part of me and millions of others aren't going to tolerate your BULLSHIT for ANY reason!

Done is done!

Try to watch your NATIONAL FELONS LEAGUE games with $10 tickets!

See how long those ASSHOLES will be making multi million dollar paychecks with the franchise bringing in pennies on the dollar!

You don't get it!

If the BULLSHIT doesn't stop you can kiss your NFL goodbye!

Done!

^These are PROVED facts.
 12/14/2017 05:41 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

You disrespect our country, flag and veterans every day.
 12/14/2017 05:52 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

He chooses not to go, it has nothing to do with the Saints.

Do season ticket holders get a refund when their team sucks? A, nope.

The NFL lost me when they started stopping game for commercials. I now record about eight pro soccer games a week; 90ish minutes and it's done.

I was right.
 12/14/2017 06:10 AM

tom

Kind of refreshing to see that something as gentle as

taking a knee can bring down a juggernaut as 

corrupt and corpulent as the NFL.

#boycottNFL

Keep up the good work!

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 12/14/2017 06:12 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Problem is the NFL players were not protesting the anthem. They just so happened to kneel while the anthem was being played.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 12/14/2017 06:15 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: wtf

Problem is the NFL players were not protesting the anthem. They just so happened to kneel while the anthem was being played.

That's my take from it too. They are taking a knee for the fallen black men who were killed for their skin color.

I would start watching again if a game didn't take three hours and if they did something about the massive brain damage their players suffer.

...getting rid of their tax exempt status would help too.

I was right.
 12/14/2017 06:34 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Meanwhile the idiots that protest the NFL and kneeling are screaming blue lives matter but yet they are currently bad mouthing, discrediting and defaming the FBI, our nation's top cop agency in the name of a cultist belligerent asshole. Talk about disrespectful and unpatriotic.
 12/14/2017 06:56 AM

johnnyboy

So fishy, did you object to the disrespecting of our country when some yokel from Georgia heckled our president and yelled out you lie or were you one of the many that sent the clown money for his stunt? I don't think its government that love or respect, I think it's religion and any government official who deliberately attempts to blur the separation of church and state in favor of a state sponsored Christianity sect that you agree with.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/14/2017 06:57 AM

3rdworldlover

Mandatory patriotism, great idea
 12/14/2017 10:11 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

I'd be willing to bet that if the piggys were killing unarmed peckerwoods, racists, and idiots, Fishy would be taking a knee as well.
 12/14/2017 10:13 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: SlimyBritches

I'd be willing to bet that if the piggys were killing unarmed peckerwoods, racists, and idiots, Fishy would be taking a knee as well.

He takes a knee every couple steps to catch his breath anyways FACT!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 12/14/2017 10:46 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Originally posted by: HAPDigital Meanwhile the idiots that protest the NFL and kneeling are screaming blue lives matter but yet they are currently bad mouthing, discrediting and defaming the FBI, our nation's top cop agency in the name of a cultist belligerent asshole. Talk about disrespectful and unpatriotic.

The FBI has discredited the FBI. We weren't the ones suggesting that we have an "insurance policy" in the event Trump became president. Moreover, unlike the cop haters, i.e., progs, we don't condemn the entire FBI. We restrict our condemnation to those who deserve it. I have nothing bad to say about the vast majority of FBI employees. But I do hold certain individuals in suspicion. Moreover, Mueller isn't FBI. He is the primary target of those who want to see the truth come out.

Anyone called you an idiot lately, Hap? Well, let me do so here.

I :heart; Q
 12/14/2017 10:52 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Mueller is the prime actor for the truth coming out.
He seems to be a target for those that want it suppressed, but that's not gonna work.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .