Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Carson Wentz is done for the year with a torn ACL.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/13/2017 10:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/13/2017 10:08 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"It's possible that his replacement, Nick Foles, will be almost as good. But what if he isn't? After all, there's a reason he's the backup.

The Eagles could sign Colin Kaepernick.

Stay with me here for a second. Signing Kaepernick would solve a lot of issues. It would give him the job that the NFL stole from him after he protested for social justice causes. It would show that the NFL isn't colluding to keep him out of football. And it would give the Eagles an experienced plan B in case Foles flames out.

Granted, there are at least a dozen teams for whom Kaepernick would be the best quarterback on the roster, and yet, he remains unsigned. Philadelphia likely won't sign him, either.

But he should be on a roster somewhere."

Marcio Jose Sanchez/Associated Press

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 12/13/2017 10:22 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

umm no...

Kap had nothing 'stolen' from him period. He was a below average to poor QB that decided to use his place of work to push his social agenda and cause a shit storm that resulted in nobody wanting to hire him.

12/13/2017 10:32 AM

WG

He's no Russel Wilson, but certainly not below average to poor.
He's still better than many that are playing.

The shitstorm is the problem, and way out of proportion to his act of protest.

A team that showed the balls to buck the shitstorm and hire him might reap some benefit.
Especially a playoff contender with a very shallow bench.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 12/13/2017 10:35 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Romo. I don't think Kap is a good fit there. And really Kap is a marginal starter at best, more of a backup and there are plenty of those to choose from that don't come w/baggage. No team in their right mind vying for playoff spot would sign Kap. They would be fools for doing so.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 12/13/2017 10:38 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yes it a business proposition.  But to that end there have been some pickups over Kap that are laughable.  Those teams deserve what they get and too bad for the fans. https://theundefeated.com/features/33-quarterbacks-signed-before-colin-kaepernick-free-agent/

Wrestling made a ton of money with villains.  THe NFL would get some ratings with him back.   Raiders, Eagles, teams where the fans don't give a flying *!#$ who is playing as long as they win.  That would be a good fit.

12/13/2017 11:27 AM

WG

But I do agree miker, that "stolen" is a bit hyperbolic.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 12/13/2017 02:01 PM

JTsurfer

Joined Forum: 08/24/2010

Nick Foles is a way better than Kap. If you watched the NFL over the last 3 years and didn't circle jerk on here all day, you would know that.

Colin was a hack that used his fake political agenda to get attention. He had already lost his starting job before he turned into an attention whore.

he shouldn't be playin' anywhere, he should just be the pretty boy,  fake model that he really is. He's not an NFl QB. He should've never replace Alex Snith, and Smith isn't near to being a great QB in the NFL.

12/13/2017 02:08 PM

WG

I don't think Sanchez was saying that CK is better than Foles.
(I think Foles is pretty good).

I think he's just saying that he's probably better than Nate Sudfeld, and that signing him would be good for a lot of other reasons.
Just because some of you can't stomach his opinion is no reason to abandon objectivity.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 12/13/2017 02:09 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

JT says Kap is a pretty boy so that's nice. Harbaugh made Kap it wasn't Kap that stole Smith's job.  Harbaugh gets kicked out of San Fran and guess what, the team stinks...

Like WG inferred, the truth is he's better than at least one of the many QBs that have been picked up since he got the owners mad at him.  Could be his agent's fault, sometimes you gotta lower your price

12/13/2017 03:10 PM

WG

I do sort of remember the 2013 season when CK replaced the injured Alex Smith and took the 49ers to the Super Bowl.
Sure his next few seasons were up and down, but he's still young and I think that one year alone showed that he is potentially good enough to get signed to at least a backup role somewhere.

Eventually some team ought to show the balls to buck the blacklisting.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 12/13/2017 04:21 PM

wtf

JT let his emotions get in the way of objectivity.

Foles comp percentage is slightly above Kap's, but hid TD/INT ratio is much worse. Kap is clearly good enough to be at least a backup. And seeing they are starting Tom Savage for chirssakes - Kap is certainly better than him. So there is merit for him to be playing.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 12/13/2017 05:31 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Foles and Kapernick both had good years awhile back.
 12/13/2017 06:04 PM

miker

Originally posted by: wtf

Foles comp percentage is slightly above Kap's, but hid TD/INT ratio is much worse. Kap is clearly good enough to be at least a backup. And seeing they are starting Tom Savage for chirssakes - Kap is certainly better than him. So there is merit for him to be playing.

Yeah sure, That he should be on a team based on his ability is hard to argue against. Sadly, if I pushed my political and social agenda at work, I too would be out of a job. He put himself in this situation.
 12/14/2017 06:16 AM

wtf

Originally posted by: miker

Yeah sure, That he should be on a team based on his ability is hard to argue against. Sadly, if I pushed my political and social agenda at work, I too would be out of a job. He put himself in this situation.

That's right - in the NFL, it is okay to beat women - you can still play (unless it is captured on video ala Ray Rice). But take a knee during the anthem - career over! Makes complete sense...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 12/14/2017 06:32 AM

miker

That's right - in the NFL, it is okay to beat women - you can still play (unless it is captured on video ala Ray Rice). But take a knee during the anthem - career over! Makes complete sense...

The NFL is what it is.

Work is work and personal life is personal life. Sometimes what you do in your personal life affects your job and some times it doesn't. Generally actions you take outside of work only impact your job when it IMPACTS your employer. Whether it is by doing something that causes you to lose the trust of the public, a security clearance, or something that hurts the brand.....

The one truth though is that shit you do AT work that affects your job will ALWAYS affect your job. Kap pulled his stunt while on the job.
 12/14/2017 07:05 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Who is Carson Wentz, and this is news?

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .