Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Al Franken accused of kissing and groping a woman at USO event
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/16/2017 09:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/16/2017 03:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered This is how effing rampant it is....
Congress owes taxpayers answers about its harassment 'shush' fund Since when are members of Congress and their staffs accused of sexual harassment allowed to hush up and pay off their accusers from a secret "shush" fund full of taxpayer dollars? Since 1995, it turns out. Congress, we all know, chooses to exempt itself from many of the same laws it foists on the rest of us. It's a grievance I hear regularly during my travels around the country, as grassroots activists complain about this law or that regulation. "If only Congress had to live under the same laws we do, they'd get it, and they'd change it" is a common refrain. For years, for instance, I've been speaking out about the illegal special exemption of Congress from ObamaCare, which allows members and staff to avoid the financial burdens they imposed on us when they passed that terrible law. If only they had to live under the law the same way the rest of us do, without benefit of taxpayer dollars to subsidize their premiums purchased fraudulently on the D.C. small business exchange, they might be more incentivized to repeal that law. But until recently, I did not know about the "shush fund" of Congress, a fund managed by the "Office of Compliance," which itself was created following the 1995 enactment of the Congressional Accountability Act (CAA), the first law enacted by the first Republican House in four decades.
The Hill

WOW.... that's super fuct if true!  There needs to be a WIDESPREAD house cleaning of everyone!

* on a sidenote... I'd like to get nasty with Leeann Tweeden, with her consent of course

11/16/2017 03:44 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Well, that sucks for Franken (and her). But definitely a dumb move.

I'm not sure why these guys try to force themselves on anyone- being a cool guy will get you far enough- especially being a celebrity on top. and double especially if you can make people laugh. Whatever happened to charm?

Seems extra stupid if your intention is to go into politics.

and then the photo- well that was bonus stupid. Like Gitmo stupid.

-------------------------

When America was "great"
 11/16/2017 03:50 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

In a way it's just lazy. Be a man and have some game.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 11/16/2017 04:11 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

That hurts. It's true. The gators swamp is fun place to play for every team that's not the gators.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/16/2017 04:35 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy That hurts. It's true. The gators swamp is fun place to play for every team that's not the gators.

Well, the basketball team looks damn good this year - final four good. That is some solace.

I :heart; Q
 11/16/2017 07:06 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

If a woman is groped by a Lib, is that really "sexual"?

Dora Hates You

Edited: 11/17/2017 at 04:58 AM by dingpatch
 11/16/2017 07:11 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: dingpatch

If a woman is groped by a fag, is that really "sexual"?

I someone posts something like this .... are they really an asshole?

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 11/16/2017 11:01 PM

3rdworldlover

I'm throwing the bull shit flag on this.
I could be wrong, but
The photographer tells a different story.
He's not even touching her in the photo.
The kiss was scripted as an unwanted kiss.
Roger Stone posted foreknowledge on Twitter before this story broke.
Franken's personality just doesn't seem to fit the mold.
I watched some of her lengthy interview, and just can't buy it.
She severely lacked sincerity and even plugged her show.
 11/17/2017 04:29 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

No, I'm just able to press all the right buttons!

Dora Hates You
 11/17/2017 05:00 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I agree with Mike, there needs to be some sensible standard. If you go in for the goodnight kiss after a date and she didn't want it, is that an unwanted sexual advance? Can you even ask a coworker out anymore?

I was right.
 11/17/2017 05:19 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

"I did try & fuck her. She was married. I moved on her like a bitch. I just start kissing them. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything - grab them by the pussy. You can do anything." Donald Trump-

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 11/17/2017 07:02 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: Cole

I agree with Mike, there needs to be some sensible standard. If you go in for the goodnight kiss after a date and she didn't want it, is that an unwanted sexual advance? Can you even ask a coworker out anymore?

I don't think you can if you want to be completely safe. I mean it is generally a good policy not to dip your pen in the company ink anyways, but I don't think it would really matter how proper or tasteful your approach to asking a co-worker out is if she decides it is 'unwanted' and reports you to HR.
 11/17/2017 07:23 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Can you even ask a coworker out anymore?

You can, but it's dangerous and ill-advised for a plethora of reasons. Especially when they say yes! Trust me, I know.

My apologies for the misuse of the word swamp; I spend a great deal of my time in various swamps and wetlands, working to protect them.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 11/17/2017 07:59 AM

tpapablo

Nothing will happen to Franken. He's a prog. Progs generally get away with this stuff scot free. It is only the Republicans who have to resign.

11/17/2017 08:01 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Originally posted by: LBLarry
Originally posted by: dingpatch If a woman is groped by a fag, is that really "sexual"?

Jesus man, you must be a real fun person to hang with. Can't even take a joke without bunching up your panties (and yes, that last comment would consititute me as an asshole).

11/17/2017 08:08 AM

tpapablo

When is the last time you have seen a prog with a sense of humor? Don't think that breed exists.

11/17/2017 08:14 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Rehearsing a kiss multiple times. "One time it was uncomfortable and gross." Never happened again. Sounds like a guy that got rejected and went no further. Unlike an 32 YO guy that cruises for and dates 14 year olds. Big difference. It's so funny though that Roger Stone broke this story before the "victims ever did. Hmmmm
 11/17/2017 08:21 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: obx2

Originally posted by: LBLarry
Originally posted by: dingpatch If a woman is groped by a fag, is that really "sexual"?

Jesus man, you must be a real fun person to hang with. Can't even take a joke without bunching up your panties (and yes, that last comment would consititute me as an asshole).

Careful, he might block you than brag about it like he did something groundbreaking and special every time he sees you quoted by someone else. LOL ....he has super thin skin.
 11/17/2017 08:57 AM

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

censorship is a key tenet of progs
 11/17/2017 09:07 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: johnny censorship is a key tenet of progs
Funny, because parental advisory labels, the fcc and so many other censorship and ideas and policies are right wing. But please, by all means post the proof that progs censor shit. SMH dummies
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .