Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Al Franken accused of kissing and groping a woman at USO event
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/16/2017 09:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/16/2017 09:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

If it's true, he may have to go. The accuser sounds plausible.

This is the purge apparently. I honestly didn't realize the problem was so bad, I haven't encountered this sort of thing more than once in my professional life.

Who do these guys think they are?

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 11/16/2017 09:37 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

What bothers me is that their are stupid accusations being levied inappropriately in some cases that are muddying the waters concerning real issues.

Listen ladies, just because a guy asks you out once doesn't automatically mean it is a crime or inappropriate if you don't like him. All you are doing is making it harder for the women that are actually getting sexually harassed or violated. And no, a friendly hug is not 'groping' either unless he grabs your ass.
 11/16/2017 09:52 AM

RustyTruck

All must be investigated in good faith.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

11/16/2017 10:13 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

This is how effing rampant it is....

Congress owes taxpayers answers about its harassment 'shush' fund

Since when are members of Congress and their staffs accused of sexual harassment allowed to hush up and pay off their accusers from a secret "shush" fund full of taxpayer dollars? Since 1995, it turns out.

Congress, we all know, chooses to exempt itself from many of the same laws it foists on the rest of us. It's a grievance I hear regularly during my travels around the country, as grassroots activists complain about this law or that regulation. "If only Congress had to live under the same laws we do, they'd get it, and they'd change it" is a common refrain.

For years, for instance, I've been speaking out about the illegal special exemption of Congress from ObamaCare, which allows members and staff to avoid the financial burdens they imposed on us when they passed that terrible law. If only they had to live under the law the same way the rest of us do, without benefit of taxpayer dollars to subsidize their premiums purchased fraudulently on the D.C. small business exchange, they might be more incentivized to repeal that law.
But until recently, I did not know about the "shush fund" of Congress, a fund managed by the "Office of Compliance," which itself was created following the 1995 enactment of the Congressional Accountability Act (CAA), the first law enacted by the first Republican House in four decades.

The Hill

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 11/16/2017 10:20 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Sen. Al Franken accused of kissing, groping Los Angeles radio host without consent

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 11/16/2017 10:25 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Well that's not good.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/16/2017 10:27 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

We're surrounded by assholes.

11/16/2017 10:52 AM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

What would the typical conservitard response be?

- Set up by political opponents!

- Money grabber!

- Franken "doesn't recall".

- It never happened!

- Goes on a sympathetic tv show and wonders why & how this could be.

- Fellow actors roundly denounce the accuser.

But, alas, he apologized. Unlike the conservitards.

11/16/2017 11:03 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Truly disappointing and he deserves everything that will now come his way.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 11/16/2017 11:07 AM

RustyTruck

It's BS, Franken and anyone in Congress that has used OUR TAX DOLLARS to cover up sexual abuse needs to be outed and then be put out if it's true.

The rule everyone should follow is "would this be OK if someone did it to my daughter".

The Franken picture is infuriating.

11/16/2017 11:12 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: follydude What would the typical conservitard response be? - Set up by political opponents! - Money grabber! - Franken "doesn't recall". - It never happened! - Goes on a sympathetic tv show and wonders why & how this could be. - Fellow actors roundly denounce the accuser. But, alas, he apologized. Unlike the conservitards.

I suggest that you progs worry about what you are going to do. The perverts uncovered recently are dem at something like a 10-1 rate, if not more. By the time this grand outing is done, there will be nary a prog still employed. Of course, that was probably their goal, knowing progs.

I :heart; Q
 11/16/2017 12:16 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Apparently Washington DC is an avalanche about to fall. There may be closets with dirty laundry opening all over the hill.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/16/2017 12:19 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Maybe this is exactly what the swamp needed. Then if we could just get some term limits and campaign finance reform, we'd have a trifecta!

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 11/16/2017 12:20 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Once they are elected to congress, unless they do it during their tenure there is nothing that can be done to oust them.

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 11/16/2017 01:06 PM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: follydude What would the typical conservitard response be? - Set up by political opponents! - Money grabber! - Franken "doesn't recall". - It never happened! - Goes on a sympathetic tv show and wonders why & how this could be. - Fellow actors roundly denounce the accuser. But, alas, he apologized. Unlike the conservitards.

I suggest that you progs worry about what you are going to do. The perverts uncovered recently are dem at something like a 10-1 rate, if not more. By the time this grand outing is done, there will be nary a prog still employed. Of course, that was probably their goal, knowing progs.

You've got a lot of gall to say that with a sexual predator in the White House.

If we had the same ethics as the GOP we'd be busy attacking Leeann Tweeden right now rather than sharpening knives for Franken.

And don't even get me started on Old Roy the pedophile.

11/16/2017 01:07 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

I saw her on TV a few minutes ago.

Great looking lady that seems to be very cool.

Anyway, Franken needs to pay a price for his misdeeds.

That loser in Alabama needs to leave the race too.

11/16/2017 01:44 PM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

You've got a lot of gall to say that with a sexual predator in the White House.

If we had the same ethics as the GOP we'd be busy attacking Leeann Tweeden right now rather than sharpening knives for Franken.

And don't even get me started on Old Roy the pedophile.

Clinton was a sexual predator as well. Outrage.
 11/16/2017 02:02 PM

Cosmicviking

Joined Forum: 08/17/2013

DC gives swamps a bad name. Swamps are actually very vibrant eco systems . DC is really more like a cess pool, on both sides of the isle. Lets for once all agree to out all these scum bags and not make it a party thing.

11/16/2017 02:11 PM

Cosmicviking

Joined Forum: 08/17/2013

Every one who used that hush fund which by all accounts is funded with our tax dollars should be outed and required to reimburse the fund. Then the fund should be terminated. We have a right to know who used our tax dollars and for what.

11/16/2017 02:17 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: Cosmicviking  Swamps are actually very vibrant eco systems . 

not under Jim McElwain they aren't!!!

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .