Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Tax cut?
Topic Summary: It's going to be a tax hike for me.
Created On: 11/13/2017 06:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/13/2017 06:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

My tax bracket will pay more. Yes, it's not much more, but more is more.

So much for the Middle Class.

-------------------------
I was right.
 11/13/2017 07:10 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

And when our local and state governments give massive subsidies to Amazon and the like, we wage slaves get to make up the deficit with higher property and sales taxes.

11/13/2017 08:01 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Cole My tax bracket will pay more. Yes, it's not much more, but more is more. So much for the Middle Class.

A win-win. You want everyone to pay more taxes, right? So now you will have to. If you came here for sympathy, you came to the wrong place.

I :heart; Q
 11/13/2017 08:08 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I don't think the GOP can get it done anyway, so it probably doesn't matter.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 11/13/2017 08:11 AM

Cole

I have to pay taxes, that's how this country functions. I just want the option to choose where my money goes; less on war, more for the people is a start. Then it would go to things like the environment and nature. Taxes on people who visit national parks just tripled, even though our tax money is already used to fund them.

I was right.
 11/13/2017 09:06 AM

scombrid

Government has to be funded.

GOP wants to fund the entire government on the backs of the wage class. Like merry old England.

11/13/2017 09:12 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Originally posted by: scombrid Government has to be funded.

GOP wants to fund the entire government on the backs of the wage class. Like merry old England.

Sure. Does it have to be funded at the current levels though? That would be the question. And I say no. We need to cut it down to size.

I :heart; Q
 11/13/2017 09:18 AM

scombrid

Google, Apple and Exxon want to go to war. against some place where they need resources.

Conagra wants to ship it's commodities overseas and needs the Mississippi navigation corridoor kept ship shape by the ACoE

Okay peons. Pay up.

11/13/2017 02:32 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

The house and senate bills are still so far apart, we don't know what it's going to be.
Neither does the republican congress nor the traitor in the White House.
They just want to pass something, anything, as long as it helps the rich, they are fine.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 11/17/2017 05:09 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

When people finally snap out of the fishing boat and groping debate nonsense. The motivations of the multiple mass shooters and driving into innocent crowds of pedestrians back and forth.
Whether pigblo and the mighty naui CrawdadDiver are maggots of perseverance and conviction:
And realize that these so called "con"servatives are pushing through the biggest financial scam against my country. Well, at least since ten years ago......
When americans begin to realize and actually understand the extent to which this will cost them. Personally.
Theys a gonna be a reaction folks....

It's a democratic hoax
 11/17/2017 05:17 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Middle class tax cuts will expire.

Some of the others not.
 11/17/2017 05:34 PM

Greensleeves

Even the GOP dopes on this forum know the GOP is committing suicide if they pass their plan. 

The GOP geezers in Congress see the writing on the wall so they are going to pass this for their pals.  Trump already knows he's one term so he wants this for his family. 

11/17/2017 06:00 PM

surferclimber

Joined Forum: 01/23/2011

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Even the GOP dopes on this forum know the GOP is committing suicide if they pass their plan. 

The GOP geezers in Congress see the writing on the wall so they are going to pass this for their pals.  Trump already knows he's one term so he wants this for his family. 

Don't be so sure about that one term? if they sort this out to something workable that actually works to stimulate economy job growth etc and if passes & economy continues up he'll be praised. People will be happy if they prosper bottom line... 

get up early and go surf - it'll make that hangover go away and/or make the workday more tolerable :)

11/17/2017 06:10 PM

surferclimber

Joined Forum: 01/23/2011

BTW one little covered issues within this is how it will really hurt our universities and research- innovation!

A lot of grad students are on some assistantship from the school to earn free tuition  ( plus some "salary" like 15k ). Previously that tuition was not income now it is.

So before kid makes 15k taxed on 15k, no problem probably doesn't owe anything on tax return.

Now kid makes 15k taxed on 15k + that "earned tuition" which can easily be 30+... So now this student will be taxed on 45k which in no way can pay that + pay to live of 15k.

This will effect our universities seriously; I'd expect many of our bright students would turn to schools in Europe or maybe Asia and we'd definitely loose international grad students coming here = we loose competitive edge since loose those minds/talents.

get up early and go surf - it'll make that hangover go away and/or make the workday more tolerable :)

11/17/2017 06:14 PM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

I'm thinking there will be some Mexico border wall expenditures on enabling youth to express their artistic rights.  I can see a tag embellishing "pussy grabber" in the near future. People are corporations also.

11/17/2017 07:08 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: surferclimber  if they sort this out to something workable that actually works to stimulate economy job growth etc

The huge multinationals are already flush with cash; settting record after tax profits. They aren't investing in production because there isn't enough demand to justify expanding production. Giving them a huge tax break just puts more money in their pockets but it doesn't stimulate growth. That might boost the stock market in the short term while they look for a place to park their money. But that surplus of capital usually leads to bubbles and busts.

11/17/2017 07:12 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: surferclimber BTW one little covered issues within this is how it will really hurt our universities and research- innovation!

A lot of grad students are on some assistantship from the school to earn free tuition  ( plus some "salary" like 15k ). Previously that tuition was not income now it is.

So before kid makes 15k taxed on 15k, no problem probably doesn't owe anything on tax return.

Now kid makes 15k taxed on 15k + that "earned tuition" which can easily be 30+... So now this student will be taxed on 45k which in no way can pay that + pay to live of 15k.

This will effect our universities seriously; I'd expect many of our bright students would turn to schools in Europe or maybe Asia and we'd definitely loose international grad students coming here = we loose competitive edge since loose those minds/talents.

I lived on a 14k stipend. Had over 10k in tuition waived. That was a long time ago. I'd have to look but I think tuition may be a good deal higher than 10k now. I probably would have done something else. Place was already 30-40% foreign kids. I bet that proportion goes up and our population falls even further behind the education curve.

11/17/2017 07:41 PM

follydude

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: scombrid Government has to be funded.

Sure. Does it have to be funded at the current levels though? That would be the question. And I say no. We need to cut it down to size.

Sure.
That's why this tax bill increases the debt by a trillion.

11/17/2017 07:43 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Our best days may well be behind us. In historical context, the USA was a flash in the pan.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 11/17/2017 09:10 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Our best days may well be behind us. In historical context, the USA was a flash in the pan.

Exactly. I have often said to friends ..... in the big timeline of history, this little experiment we call The USofA is but a blip.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .