Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Gainesville Nazis
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/19/2017 09:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/19/2017 09:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Well I hope it's a peaceful day today in Gainesville.

Sounds like the police presence is substantial.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 10/19/2017 09:27 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Talked to a army national guard yesterday said he was going to be present......

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 10/19/2017 10:12 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

so far peaceful. cept for those darn choppers.

estimated 1500 LE officers here in town today. I'd say thats about right.

2 helicopters flyin over right now.

classes are not cancelled. a few nearby doctors offices had to shut down for 3 days

saw 20 metro-dade vehicles drive in this morning.

dunkin donuts is packed.

saw this posted on another thread....
----------------------------------------------------

no way this is all just costing half a million, that's got to be half the real cost at minimum and they should have used that million to fight this in court for a year and show they actually care about students and local residents

10/19/2017 10:15 AM

RustyTruck

My son is there, drove over from USF to link up with his UF comrades. No updates since they headed over to the rallying point.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

10/19/2017 10:20 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

I'm here

years ago I'd probly have gone to check out the scene.

these days, too much potential for fukkery.

hope it goes well.

usa today has livestream. reminds me of the old protest days, but with way more cops.

Edited: 10/19/2017 at 10:39 AM by StirfryMcflurry
 10/19/2017 10:26 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck My son is there, drove over from USF to link up with his UF comrades. No updates since they headed over to the rallying point.

Is your son Antifa? I can't say I get the point of these types of counter-protests. Seems to me that they just give these nuts more publicity, which is exactly what they want. I would imagine that things like this will send a few more people to Spencer's side and make people like me dislike the counter protestors. Sure they have the right, but that doesn't mean it's smart. Looks like they are being played to me.

I :heart; Q
 10/19/2017 10:26 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I have a kid there.  Angry at the Administration for not having the spine to deny.

Reasoning challenged superstars like Tspank willing to take arms against normal Americans if they happen to look different than him.  Hard to find balding students with spandex pants and python Tony Lamas.

10/19/2017 10:29 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

600K FL money down the tubes because Nazis want to talk. Freedom isn't free I guess.
 10/19/2017 10:31 AM

Greensleeves

They could have used that money to fight the supposed case that Spencer (with Tspank as his lawyer) would have brought.  Gainesville eggheads a different breed I guess. 

10/19/2017 10:33 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck My son is there, drove over from USF to link up with his UF comrades. No updates since they headed over to the rallying point.

Is your son Antifa? I can't say I get the point of these types of counter-protests. Seems to me that they just give these nuts more publicity, which is exactly what they want. I would imagine that things like this will send a few more people to Spencer's side and make people like me dislike the counter protestors. Sure they have the right, but that doesn't mean it's smart. Looks like they are being played to me.

He's a chip off the old block. I can see why some people would suggest ignoring them, like I would ignore some religious nut on a street corner with a picture of an aborted fetus.

But when it comes to Nazis, I favor meeting them head on with overwhelming force (of people protesting).

I just got word from the boy that it's peaceful so far, but feels like a police state.

I'm ok with police state at the moment if it keeps them separated.

10/19/2017 10:37 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

Spence-trash is going to towns that are blue dots in the midst of red areas to incite conflict.

In short, he's a rabble-rousing pussy.

10/19/2017 10:40 AM

Greensleeves

Kudos to your son.  Hope he stays safe.  Rusty do you think they should have denied access to Spencer to speak?  I think his recent involvement in the Charlottesville bull that resulted in a heinous fatality should have factored in as a safety issue.  Prossibly harder to contest that an afront to free speech. 

RustyTruck

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

The best thing that anyone could do in this situation would be to ignore this guy completely and leave him speaking in an auditorium by himself. However, we all know that college students love the opportunity to protest stuff and all that free time sure does help. I can't even tell you this guy's name right this second unless I Google it and I'm sure that there are a lot of other people in the same boat. However, I would imagine that by the end of the day, most people in the state of Florida will know his name if they pay attention to the local, or national, news.

Who stands to gain from this circus? The white nationalist speaker and the organizers of the protests.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 10/19/2017 10:44 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

He's a chip off the old block. I can see why some people would suggest ignoring them, like I would ignore some religious nut on a street corner with a picture of an aborted fetus. But when it comes to Nazis, I favor meeting them head on with overwhelming force (of people protesting). I just got word from the boy that it's peaceful so far, but feels like a police state. I'm ok with police state at the moment if it keeps them separated.

I am not saying ignore them. Set up a peaceful counter-protest a couple of miles away and let people compare. Whether you believe me or not, a large chunk of people see these violent counter protestors as being as bad as the white supremacists. Makes no difference to me, just saying ....

10/19/2017 10:45 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

Kudos to your son.  Hope he stays safe.  Rusty do you think they should have denied access to Spencer to speak?  I think his recent involvement in the Charlottesville bull that resulted in a heinous fatality should have factored in as a safety issue.  Prossibly harder to contest that an afront to free speech. 

I think that hate speech is an exception to the 1st amendment, and it should have at least been moved off campus for student safety, and Spencer should have to pay for the increased security.

I know black and Jewish students have left town out of concern for their safety, and it's bullshit that some would put his right to preach hate over theirs to be physically safe.

I'm proud my son is there, especially backing up his high school buddies. Even if they're Gators. I heard one chant today is "It's great. To be. A Nazi Hater."

10/19/2017 10:48 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird Spence-trash is going to towns that are blue dots in the midst of red areas to incite conflict.

Exactly. And he would be an unknown rabble-rousing pussy if the left would leave him be. I'd never heard of him until recently and I keep track of a lot of stuff.

10/19/2017 10:48 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

He's a chip off the old block. I can see why some people would suggest ignoring them, like I would ignore some religious nut on a street corner with a picture of an aborted fetus. But when it comes to Nazis, I favor meeting them head on with overwhelming force (of people protesting). I just got word from the boy that it's peaceful so far, but feels like a police state. I'm ok with police state at the moment if it keeps them separated.

I am not saying ignore them. Set up a peaceful counter-protest a couple of miles away and let people compare. Whether you believe me or not, a large chunk of people see these violent counter protestors as being as bad as the white supremacists. Makes no difference to me, just saying ....

When it comes to fascists, I don't think we need to be politically correct.
Anyone who would think that the people fighting fascists are as bad as they are has fascist sympathies, and I feel no obligation whatsoever to fight fascism in such a way that satisfies those people.

There's no room in the middle in this fight.

10/19/2017 10:51 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: Sniper
Who stands to gain from this circus?

Trump
Putin
the RNC

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 10/19/2017 10:52 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird Spence-trash is going to towns that are blue dots in the midst of red areas to incite conflict.

Exactly. And he would be an unknown rabble-rousing pussy if the left would leave him be. I'd never heard of him until recently and I keep track of a lot of stuff.

Bullshit.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Gainesville Nazis

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .