Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Why do whites oppose the NFL protests?
Topic Summary: an interesting opinion piece...
Created On: 10/17/2017 10:51 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/17/2017 01:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

Originally posted by: tpapablo
Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird I will force you to watch TV, haha.

Do as you please and we'll muse on it. Wouldn't miss the opportunity.

One of the reasons that I don't watch TV, except for Gator football and basketball.

Sigh. Good thing I have two alma maters.

10/17/2017 01:49 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Reminds me of the movie "Club Paradise" when Jimmy Cliff's band interviews at the rich white man resort, and rich white guy tells him that "someone who just paid too much for a bad veal oscar doesn't want to know that the band is angry".

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 10/17/2017 01:52 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

All I know is that when I go someplace for entertainment, I would not put up with the employees airing their societal grievances to me. If, for example, I went to a restaurant and the waiter came up to me and expressed an issue with my leather shoes, I wouldn't go back to that establishment if the management allows that sort of thing.

Now progs, being the enlightened beings that they are, would surely welcome such protests, since they are so steadfastly dedicated to free speech. Nonetheless, I would love to see our resident progs' reaction if they were to go to a movie and, prior to the start of the movie, someone got up and gave a 5 minute pro-Trump or anti-abortion speech.

WTF?
Respectfully and quietly taking a knee at football game is the same with somebody haranguing us at a theater, making excuses for a traitor president or pushing their personal religion? If anybody did that to me at a movie, I'd stand up and shout shut the fuck up, like most of the audience would.

Too much time reading the Russian mafias media has you detuned to hyperbolic extremes, so you can only think that way. You suck at attempting these analogies, should avoid them.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 10/17/2017 02:08 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Maybe because we feel differently about how we respect the traditions of our society. I dont go to Wendys to hear anti anything , just a #2with a frosty. How come sports cannot provide the same service. They have huge platforms with their fanbase on social media, use that play ball or I dont watch. Its that simple
 10/17/2017 02:46 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: WG
Originally posted by: tpapablo All I know is that when I go someplace for entertainment, I would not put up with the employees airing their societal grievances to me. If, for example, I went to a restaurant and the waiter came up to me and expressed an issue with my leather shoes, I wouldn't go back to that establishment if the management allows that sort of thing.

Now progs, being the enlightened beings that they are, would surely welcome such protests, since they are so steadfastly dedicated to free speech. Nonetheless, I would love to see our resident progs' reaction if they were to go to a movie and, prior to the start of the movie, someone got up and gave a 5 minute pro-Trump or anti-abortion speech.

WTF? Respectfully and quietly taking a knee at football game is the same with somebody haranguing us at a theater, making excuses for a traitor president or pushing their personal religion? If anybody did that to me at a movie, I'd stand up and shout shut the fuck up, like most of the audience would. Too much time reading the Russian mafias media has you detuned to hyperbolic extremes, so you can only think that way. You suck at attempting these analogies, should avoid them.

Yep. It pisses me off, as it does with most Americans. I can guarantee that no one goes to NFL games to watch that bull crap. My analogy is perfect. You'd sing a different tune if the players "respectfully and quietly" wiped their asses with, say, a Bernie poster.

I :heart; Q
 10/17/2017 02:47 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird
Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird I will force you to watch TV, haha.

Do as you please and we'll muse on it. Wouldn't miss the opportunity.

One of the reasons that I don't watch TV, except for Gator football and basketball.

Sigh. Good thing I have two alma maters.

So do I. Alas, the Gators are doing better.

10/17/2017 05:31 PM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

Maybe because we feel differently about how we respect the traditions of our society. I dont go to Wendys to hear anti anything , just a #2with a frosty. How come sports cannot provide the same service. They have huge platforms with their fanbase on social media, use that play ball or I dont watch. Its that simple

Horse manure. Better you don't watch. Maybe there's some bowling on.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

10/17/2017 05:37 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

You'd sing a different tune if the players "respectfully and quietly" wiped their asses with, say, a Bernie poster.

Thanks for so perfectly illustrating my point about how fucking stupid your rhetoric is with that one.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 10/18/2017 03:58 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: WG

Lots of people, many here, are propagating the lie that BLM is violent.

I guess that depends on your definition of violent. For a long time BLM had no organization or leadership and they very same people in support of the movement were the same people vandalizing, burning, and looting during protests.

I guess it is easy to say they aren't violent when it wasn't your business and life's work burned to the ground.
 10/18/2017 04:01 AM

miker

Regarding the NFL protests specifically, people seem to conveniently forget that these are paid employees in the entertainment industry at work. If the NFL wants to stop the protests because it is hurting their bottom line, then that is literally their business.
 10/18/2017 04:09 AM

RustyTruck

Some people conveniently forget that the NFL is selling the talent of the players for your entertainment.

If you just want football go watch the Scorps play on Friday. If you want professionals, you'll have to respect their rights.

10/18/2017 04:28 AM

miker

Nah, you are only saying that because it currently supports your agenda. Entertainers employed by a company have to play by the company's rules. NFL players are contract employees working for a company (team). They are not self employed entertainers working for themselves.

We have seen numerous on air personalities lose their jobs at the companies they work for because of their biased opinions, choice of wording, or behavior that hurts their company's bottom line. NFL players are no different.

I am all for them protesting, on their own time. I watch the NFL for entertainment, not for politics.
 10/18/2017 05:21 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

I would love to see our resident progs' reaction if they were to go to a movie and, prior to the start of the movie, someone got up and gave a 5 minute pro-Trump or anti-abortion speech

So the PROG message is anti racist, then the opposite side you are inferring to as the "pro trump speech" must be pro racist!

No shame!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 10/18/2017 06:02 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Some people conveniently forget that the NFL is selling the talent of the players for your entertainment.

If you just want football go watch the Scorps play on Friday. If you want professionals, you'll have to respect their rights.

Here's a novel approach.....

We don't watch them at all!

Period.

Not one thin dime to the NFL in any way shape or form.

They will understand when their bottom line doesn't exist.

FOOL!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 10/18/2017 06:30 AM

SuperTeeBird

Either white people with hemmeroids will boycott or black people will. Choose your poison.

10/18/2017 08:22 AM

miker

Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird

Either white people with hemmeroids will boycott or black people will. Choose your poison.

Are you indirectly implying that white people watch football games differently than black people and are likely to have hemorrhoids because of it?
 10/18/2017 08:30 AM

SuperTeeBird

Apparently I'm implying that I can't spell.

10/18/2017 09:07 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: stokedpanda
Originally posted by: tpapablo I would love to see our resident progs' reaction if they were to go to a movie and, prior to the start of the movie, someone got up and gave a 5 minute pro-Trump or anti-abortion speech
So the PROG message is anti racist, then the opposite side you are inferring to as the "pro trump speech" must be pro racist! No shame!

You read too much into that. The mere expression of the word Trump triggers progs and send them scurrying to their safe spaces, where they can engage an orgy of Trump bashing and impeachment fantasies to sooth their tortured souls. Indeed, in a prog's mind, there is no greater microagression than mentioning Trump. (See, e.g., WG's response for proof of that assertion.) As a result, I figured there was a chance in hell that they would get my point if I used the Trump example.

10/18/2017 09:21 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo I would love to see our resident progs' reaction if they were to go to a movie and, prior to the start of the movie, someone got up and gave a 5 minute pro-Trump or anti-abortion speech.

apples and oranges dude......  and you know that, but carry on with your trolling stance.  Go Elephants!

10/18/2017 09:26 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

scurrying?  Laughing! 

Your zero in charge is the butt of the joke and will remain so until he, like Franklin Pierce, is forgotten as anything but a placeholder President with no accomplishments.

He's an idiot that only the geezer racists and other non thinkers could admire/support.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Why do whites oppose the NFL protests?

<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .