Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: BACKLASH: Angry Fans Bombard NFL Teams' Facebook Pages With Negative Comments
Topic Summary: Ya see...you MORONS...your actions have concequences. Serious financial concequences!
Created On: 09/25/2017 12:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/25/2017 12:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

BACKLASH: Angry Fans Bombard NFL Teams' Facebook Pages With Negative Comments
September 25, 2017 By Regan Pifer

Americans have First Amendment rights.

And, as defined by Cornell Law School, "The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual's religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. It also guarantees the right of citizens to assemble peaceably and to petition their government."

Thus, players of the National Football League can take a knee during the National Anthem and disrespect their flag and country.

Indeed, they have the right to do so.
But, that does not mean they are then immune from the consequences.

I know, many NFL players don't really think about consequences all that often (especially those who get pulled over for DUIs, violently attack their girlfriend or wife). But they still happen, regardless of one's consideration.

When you exercise your First Amendment right, others may not agree with you, and that is exactly what happened to the Baltimore Ravens.

According to The Daily Caller, almost all of the players on the Baltimore Ravens took a knee during the national anthem and they received quite the backlash from fans:

Thousands of fans were incensed that nearly all of the Ravens players knelt during the national anthem, displaying what they called a "gut-wrenching" lack of respect for the country and the flag.
Many fans said they would no longer support the team because of the protests.

"Introducing politics into today's was the lowest behavior of any team. I'm no longer a Ravens fan after today," one man wrote on the team's Facebook page. "I will be notifying M&T Bank of my decision to pull out as well. If you don't support my country, you & M&T Bank don't deserve my support or my money either. Shame on you Baltimore Ravens!"

Others saw the demonstrations as a lack of respect for the team's fans and the city of Baltimore.

"You all forget who you represent. Not just yourselves," a woman posted. "You represent the ravens, Baltimore, and America. And you embarrassed yourselves and us today. You not only broke the unity of us as Americans today, I think you broke the unity between Ravens players and Ravens fans."

And here is an incredibly important point: the Ravens, along with many others in the NFL, have forgotten who they represent.
In their scurry to hop on the attention train in hopes of becoming the next Malcolm X football edition, they have lost sight of the big picture.

The question is not whether there are problems in the United States.
The question is whether kneeling during the national anthem is appropriate, or if that solves anything; if that actually disrespects the fans, society, and country who have afforded you this opportunity.

Timeliness and target are both important. Why are they doing this at this particular moment (during the game) and why must the target be the flag, the anthem?

Exercise whatever rights you'd like, but also know that actions sometimes have consequences. They can choose to take a knee, and we can choose to take a walk

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 09/25/2017 12:55 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

First thing that we should do is take away the NFL's tax exempt status.

09/25/2017 12:58 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Fish Killer "You all forget who you represent. Not just yourselves," a woman posted. "You represent the ravens, Baltimore, and America. And you embarrassed yourselves and us today. You not only broke the unity of us as Americans today, I think you broke the unity between Ravens players and Ravens fans."

If football means that much to you then you are a jock-sniffing retard.

09/25/2017 01:02 PM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: scombrid

Originally posted by: Fish Killer "You all forget who you represent. Not just yourselves," a woman posted. "You represent the ravens, Baltimore, and America. And you embarrassed yourselves and us today. You not only broke the unity of us as Americans today, I think you broke the unity between Ravens players and Ravens fans."

If football means that much to you then you are a jock-sniffing retard.

Hahaha nice one scom!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 09/25/2017 01:21 PM

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

trump troll succeeds yet again, dems take the bait hook line and sinker

jock niffing retards are the nfl's money maker, great business decision

dems have succeeded in associating patriotic behavior with being a trump supporter, nicely done!
 09/25/2017 01:43 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

johnnyreb back from failing to get any Confederate statues saved from the trash heap...

No worries Twitler's army of couch potatoes will cheat and still watch.  Maybe some of them have enough money for season tickets but even if they sell or burn them the NFL will still be OK. 

Y'all just go back to NASCAR ya hear?  Them left turns ain't going to make themselves.

09/25/2017 01:58 PM

johnny

Those that ignore the past are doomed to repeat it

Here we go again and again
 09/25/2017 02:12 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnny Those that ignore the past are doomed to repeat it Here we go again and again

Progs are geniuses at ignoring the past.

I :heart; Q
 09/25/2017 02:19 PM

Greensleeves

History books:

The only thing the 45th President accomplished was the closing of the NFL.  College football was next as no one cared anymore.  America was able to get gold medals in soccer the next 20 years.

09/25/2017 05:54 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: johnny jock niffing retards are the nfl's money maker, great business decision

Bread and circuses. 

09/25/2017 05:56 PM

Cole

I think it's funny that you guys voted for a guy who is hell bent on decimating a multi billion dollar business on a whim.

What does the Constitution say about the Executive Branch exerting it's will over private industry?

Do you think Trump has even bothered to read and comprehend the Constitution?

I was right.
 09/25/2017 05:57 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: johnny trump troll succeeds yet again,

So he is deliberately being devisive? 

I thought presidents weren't supposed to do that.

dems have succeeded in associating patriotic behavior with being a trump supporter, nicely done!

If you consider wrapping your self in the flag while wiping your ass with the Constitution to be patriotic. 

09/25/2017 06:04 PM

Cole

Trump hit a dead spot in the rally and needed to bring the crowd back from their napping, unfortunately for him, he is no longer a candidate and words from the president have meaning.

Did you see where NK thinks Trump declared war on them?

I was right.
 09/25/2017 06:05 PM

johnny

lol standing for the anthem makes you a trump supporter

Winning strategy right there
 09/25/2017 06:13 PM

johnnyboy

Johnny wants to believe that trump wanted all this because he can maintain the fantasy that trump is in control and making good decisions against bad people. This president refused to condemn neo f n nazis but condemned professional athletes for being uppity about white cops being exonerated in nonjury trials and how when a white person gets lippy with a cop he gets more tickets. When a black person raises his hands he gets shot. Sessions and the president believe that respect for cops means that cops should not be questioned or corrected. Johnny, you and your confederates still try to make the neo nazis look like constitutional crusaders while you mock the black lives matter movement. You're on here to sell that line of shit. You're in the right place. There's a couple of guys that fall for that shit every time. It's hard to know sometimes if it's six or eight real people or just two with loads of aliases.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/25/2017 06:42 PM

orlandork

Joined Forum: 09/08/2003

Nobody is boycotting shit man. Winter and no sports? GTFO, yeah that'll last.
 09/25/2017 06:48 PM

johnnyboy

What would they do with their Sunday? Pretend to be Christian for more than the time it takes to get through a service? Not likely.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/25/2017 07:22 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Angry Russian bots bombarding Facebook for Trump, again.
 09/26/2017 05:02 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Probably just a guy like Fishbreath who has cut and paste knowledge and different accounts.
 09/26/2017 05:03 AM

damonsharp

Joined Forum: 10/16/2006

LOL. This is the most the NFL has been pumped this early in the season that I can think of.

People that don't watch it are looking to see who kneels, who stands, etc., and idiots like Fish Killer are making sure it's hyped to death.

I bet the ad revenue is through the roof, and At&T or whoever sells that Sunday Ticket crap is laughing all the way to the bank.

Oh, and it looks like the players' message is getting widely heard.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .