Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: "Take a knee for America"
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/24/2017 08:17 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/24/2017 08:17 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Now even Stevie Wonder is resisting trump oppression.

Curious how things will go today in the NFL.

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 09/24/2017 08:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Would the same people making claiming freedom of speech while making this statement still support that very same freedom of speech if a group of athletes began wearing the confederate flag during the anthem to show 'southern pride' ?

Obviously the answer is no ...because the left doesn't seem to understand that freedom of speech also applies to viewpoints they don't agree with. Personally, I think both are disrespectful to our country and believe that there are better ways to go about pushing your agenda. I watch sports for entertainment, not for the politics.
 09/24/2017 08:41 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Now even Stevie Wonder is resisting trump oppression. Curious how things will go today in the NFL.
It's going to turn out well. NFL, the players' union, owners, coaches and the like are all showing support.

Taking a knee is not disrespect and it is not in any way similar to presenting historically racist symbols. It is asking for an answer to a problem in our country. A problem our country has, but has not been addressed in any constructive manner at all. Taking a knee with your teammate when they are struggling should be common place. To lash out and say they are bad for doing so only proves them right even more. If my friend is down I pick him up. People can say they are not down because they have money, but money doesn't solve systemic issues people of color face in our country. It is ignorant to believe so and actually part of the systemic problem. Taking a knee is not disrespect to our flag nor fallen heroes. Rather, it embraces them and everything they stand for. If you do not understand this then you do not understand what our flag and military is there for.

If people equate taking a knee as to being equal to a symbol of racism and slavery, they've got issues to sort out with themselves.

09/24/2017 08:48 AM

miker

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

If people equate taking a knee as to being equal to a symbol of racism and slavery, they've got issues to sort out with themselves.

So are you saying freedom speech only applies to viewpoints you agree with? Sounds like it to me.

The message obviously isnt equatable, but the right is.
 09/24/2017 08:50 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Now even Stevie Wonder is resisting trump oppression.

Curious how things will go today in the NFL.

It's going to turn out well. NFL, the players' union, owners, coaches and the like are all showing support.

No...it's not!

You forgot the golden goose whom laid the golden egg.

The PUBLIC!

Not happening...not today...not ever!

The BOSSman's paycheck comes from US!

The players get their paycheck from US!

WE aren't having any part of your BULLSHIT disrespect to our country, flag, OR veterans!

NOT HAPPENING!

FOOL!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 09/24/2017 08:59 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 09/24/2017 09:06 AM

RustyTruck

The black athletes aren't introducing an offensive symbol, they're declining to participate in a mass nationalist affirmation. The irony of course is the Flag symbolizes their right to do just that.

How would you feel about an athlete in 1936 not giving the Nazi salute? Was Jesse Owens a "son of a bitch"?

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 09/24/2017 09:09 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

For those who aren't paying attention, i.e., progs, it's already hurting the NFL. Viewership is down significantly and polls show it is largely due to this kneeling BS. It's about to get worse. As it should. We Amercans have little patience for a bunch of spoiled millionaires acting like ungrateful babies. Almost all of us would trade places with them in a second and would thank our lucky stars.

I :heart; Q
 09/24/2017 09:14 AM

miker

How would you feel about an athlete in 1936 not giving the Nazi salute? Was Jesse Owens a "son of a bitch"?

Are you equating the Nazi salute to standing for the National Anthem? Really?

Why would Jessie Owens give the Nazi salute anyways, he wasn't a Nazi.

Anyways, would you still be supporting freedom of speech if a group of white NFL players from the south decided to display their symbol during the anthem? Or do you only support the constitution when i fits your agenda and viewpoint?
 09/24/2017 09:16 AM

HAPDigital

If some black dudes taking a knee during the national Anthem really bugs them so much, maybe they're the snowflakes. To think people will quit watching sporting events because of some silent protests pre game, that's bullshit. Americans are addicted to sports. They ain't going anywhere. Buckle up butter cups cause its going to be a loooong ride and the numbers taking a knee will get larger and larger until your ignorant heads finally get what's going on. Football is some trivial ass shit anyway. If you think football sales and ratings are more important than people being systematically oppressed then you got issues. FYI to the idiots on this forum: making money does not erase oppression.
 09/24/2017 09:16 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

For those who aren't paying attention, i.e., progs, it's already hurting the NFL. Viewership is down significantly and polls show it is largely due to this kneeling BS. It's about to get worse. As it should. We Amercans have little patience for a bunch of spoiled millionaires acting like ungrateful babies. Almost all of us would trade places with them in a second and would thank our lucky stars.

Eau contraire, Americans have excess capacity for spoiled millionaires. They are naively aspirational in that regard.

09/24/2017 09:19 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Rusty is correct.

But, in-the-end, the NFL is a business that runs on the basic principles pf supply-and-demand. It seems that they perhaps have an over supply coupled with a diminishing demand. Remember, The Customer is always right. I do have a certain "tolerance" for such activities, but, , , , at $70+- minimum per ticket, , , , my patience is perhaps far too short to satisfy Lib or BLM needs.

Dora Hates You
 09/24/2017 09:43 AM

HAPDigital

If people drop watching something for such a minor thing that has zero impact on them, the event probably wasn't worth the money to begin with. I mean, someone taking a knee for a decent cause offends you that much? I think some therapy is in order.
 09/24/2017 10:02 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: miker

Are you equating the Nazi salute to standing for the National Anthem? Really?

Why would Jessie Owens give the Nazi salute anyways, he wasn't a Nazi.

Anyways, would you still be supporting freedom of speech if a group of white NFL players from the south decided to display their symbol during the anthem? Or do you only support the constitution when i fits your agenda and viewpoint?

The straight arm salute was used widely, even in the USA prior to being adopted by the Nazis, and didn't have the larger negative connotation in 1936, but that's not the point.

You seem adamant that racist symbology be accepted; and we are under no obligation to remain silent when it's presented. Fly your flag, but be aware that you may not be well received by those who were terrorized by it.

09/24/2017 10:03 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

If America chooses to boycott, it is there right. I haven't eaten at Chick-fil-a in years or bought any product from Under Armor or shopped at Hobby Lobby

But I'm not surprised that many of you wish to protect the free speech rights of nazis and condemn that of African Americans.

I was right.
 09/24/2017 10:19 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

So, a black man who is owned by a team, who was bid on and paid for by an owner of the team. Who is traded like merchandise between owners of various teams is NOT upset by the similarities between slavery and ownership in the league. They are upset by the fact that Tump won the Presidency and supports free speach for everybody.

They are not protesting the buying and selling of talent and the forced labor of workouts and conditioning that occompany being owned by a team, that is all GOOD...

But... BUT... TRUMP is oppressing them???

AND they are Protesting the fact that TRUMP is oppressing them....   Right, I understand... Right, that sounds like they have a legitimate gripe about being suppressed by the President...

09/24/2017 10:29 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: somebodyelse

So, a black man who is owned by a team...

WTF are you talking about? OWNED by a team? The depth of your ignorance is astounding.

09/24/2017 11:20 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Is he not owned by the team???

My bad, I must be misunderstanding the term?

He is free to work for any team he wants to then?

They are free to quit a losing team and go to a different team and start working for a winning team?

They are NOT TRADED?? An Owner of a team cannot say That they will trade 3 so-so laborers for a strong laborer and have the 4 labnorers change jrseys, change cities they live in and go to work for a new owner???

One owner of a team is NOT allowed to pay a Million dollars to another owner to have a particularly strong laborer transferred from the previous owners stock into the new owners stock???

IF after being BOUGHT by a team a Laborer decides that he is not going to do any work for the new owners, he is of course free to work for any team he wants to right???

Either they are free to do anything they want OR they are OWNED by the team...

BUT the similarities between being owned by somebody that makes you work where and when they want you to and being owned by somebodyelse that makes you work where and when they want you to and you not being free to tell them NO... That doesn't strike you as similar enough to be offended about it???

OK, thats what I was saying that I understand, I said they had a legitimate gripe against TRUMP for what ever... Surpressed, yeah TRUMPS suppression of them... NOT the ownership or similarities to ownership that  they happily live under, the PERCEPTION, that it is TRUMP that is oppressing them and NOT the very LEAGUE that buys them, sells them and trades them like they were cattle that should be protested...

BUT i forget that you deal with feelings and not reality. You Feeeel like Trump is oppressing them therefore its more important to have them protest America and Trump then it is to protest an organization that buys, sells and trades peoples lives, and then throws them away when they are injured and of no more use... Right... Liberal logic....

09/24/2017 11:52 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

This isn't about the team and their decisions, this is about Trump attacking their right to free speech.

Trump defended the nazis and attacked the NFL players and the same can be said for most of you on the Right. You are all about free speech for nazis, yet scream and yell when blacks want their voice to be heard.

Give me a H!

Give me a Y!

Give me a P!

Give me a O!

Give me a C R I T E!

WHAT DO YOU GET!!

HYPOCRITE HYPOCRITE HYPOCRITE!!

I was right.

Edited: 09/24/2017 at 11:59 AM by Cole
 09/24/2017 12:02 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

The US Military paying the NFL to use the flag for advertising, and the horizontal displays are both violations of the US Flag Code.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : "Take a knee for America"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .