Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Sat Bch Residents
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/20/2017 01:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/20/2017 01:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

surfersince65

Joined Forum: 03/29/2008

Tonight at 7:00 pm the City Council will discuss the sale of the old Peg Legs property.  To bring you up to speed on this I will provide a brief history.

In 2007 the City decided it was a good idea to purchase this property for $1,500,000.  Now after 10 years of lost property taxes and turning down offers in excess of $1,000,000 they are considering selling the property to a hotel developer for $500,000.  That is correct they are willing to take a million dollar loss because it is not their money.  Only a politician could think this is a good idea. 

If you think this is a bad idea please show up tonight to express your opinon, if you think this is a good idea show up too   This is our money not theirs and they need to be prudent with our tax dollars.

Think of the things the City could purchase with that extra money, new police cars, new ambulance, or a number of other things.  Something stinks!

-------------------------
JMA

09/20/2017 02:12 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Sounds like your City Council is headed by OBAMA!

They ALL have to be DEMOCRAPS@!

Only progressive liberal democraps would attempt to pull crap like this!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 09/20/2017 02:24 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: Fish Killer Sounds like your City Council is headed by OBAMA! They ALL have to be DEMOCRAPS@! Only progressive liberal democraps would attempt to pull crap like this!
WRONG!

REPUBLICANS, ALL OF THEM

09/20/2017 02:46 PM

surfersince65

Stupid comes in Red and Blue.

JMA

09/20/2017 02:46 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Of course they are GOP dirtbags.  Sell outs all.

09/20/2017 03:02 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I don't like the idea of a hotel. But, I'd need to know more before I would object. Let us know what goes down. Thanks.

I :heart; Q
 09/20/2017 03:16 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Of course they are GOP dirtbags.  Sell outs all.

BTW, I'd say that Satellite Beach is about as well run a town as I have ever encountered.

09/20/2017 03:17 PM

surfersince65

I really don't care if they build a hotel or a gas station just get our money back and then some.

Headed out now will report later or in the morning.

JMA

09/20/2017 03:25 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: tpapablo I don't like the idea of a hotel. But, I'd need to know more before I would object. Let us know what goes down. Thanks.
You're not a resident. None of the trolls are. GTFO
 09/20/2017 03:35 PM

DaveFL76

Joined Forum: 08/16/2003

What were the original intentions to for the city to buy the property? To turn it into a public space? To prevent something in particular from moving in? To sell it later at a profit? Just curious.
 09/20/2017 03:50 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Of course they are GOP dirtbags.  Sell outs all.

BTW, I'd say that Satellite Beach is about as well run a town as I have ever encountered.

They didn't even bother to secure the restroom doors at Sea Park for the storm, the entire place was full of debris, which makes perfect sense considering they are going to take a million dollar loss on a good piece of property.

I was right.
 09/20/2017 03:52 PM

johnnyboy

Tpap. You need a lot more towns to encounter. Just for comparison purposes. I agree that stupid comes in blue and red but cities often operate on election cycles with deliberate institutional ignorance on the history of projects and goals.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/20/2017 03:57 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

500K?

What's the appraised value for shit sake?

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/20/2017 03:58 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Tpap. You need a lot more towns to encounter. Just for comparison purposes. I agree that stupid comes in blue and red but cities often operate on election cycles with deliberate institutional ignorance on the history of projects and goals.

Thought it was pretty cool that the FD came around after Irma handing out tarps to people who roof damage. Don't see that most places, I assure you.

With respect to this, if the hotel generates mucho property taxes, it could be a good thing from a financial standpoint. So, I want to hear what the story is.

09/20/2017 04:25 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Yeah I bet no progs lost money on realestate, its a bad deal but that generaization is dumb
 09/20/2017 04:37 PM

surfersince65

Just got home and here is what went down.  Three members of the current council were on the council when the property was purchased, Brimer, Cantino, and Montanaro.  These same three will vote to sell the property for a $1,000,000 loss not counting the 10 years of lost tax revenue.

The City Manager had to admit the property was purchased for 1.5 million because the council didn't know, even those three.  She aslo had to admit there have been offers close to or even at 1.5 million but were turned down because they were high traffic business'.  Isn't A1A high traffic?

Blows my mind that people can make these decisions with Other People's Money and just shrug their shoulders and say Oh Well.

There are additional meetings in the future about this, I told them I would be back.  If you are interested please attend, it is your money too.

I agree that Sat Bch is well run but how hard is it to run a residential community like Sat Bch.  They are supposed to be good stewards of our money but this group doesn't care, sad.

JMA

09/20/2017 04:42 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo Yeah I bet no progs lost money on realestate, its a bad deal but that generaization is dumb
The grammar king strikes again!

Dude, go to school. They have night courses that will help you obtain your "generaized edumacation devepmnt derplomee." SMH

09/20/2017 04:57 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I'm not against a hotel per se, it's what sounds like a breach of fiduciary responsibility that I'm concerned about.

The city manager is an asset to the city, she's committed to public service.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/20/2017 05:01 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: RustyTruck I'm not against a hotel per se, it's what sounds like a breach of fiduciary responsibility that I'm concerned about. The city manager is an asset to the city, she's committed to public service.
I guess you can call getting kickbacks public service. Rubio does.
 09/20/2017 05:12 PM

freesurfs

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

Sounds like your City Council is headed by OBAMA!
They ALL have to be DEMOCRAPS@!
Only progressive liberal democraps would attempt to pull crap like this!

Typical response
... actually turned out to be Republicans! Really?
Fish Killer again showing contempt, bias, branding and blind hatred, all while hiding behind an alias.

I personally don't care which party any of the council were affiliated with.

I doubt Party affiliation had much to do with their choice ... they just made a poor investment decision and looks like Sat Bch gonna pay for it...

... positioning and selection
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Sat Bch Residents

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .