Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: My opinion on the past couple weeks Psychological Operation
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/20/2017 02:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/21/2017 09:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

J20

Joined Forum: 07/31/2003

You said name one- I named many. Sometimes it's ok to be wrong about people. sometimes it's ok to "go against the party" lol
 08/21/2017 10:39 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: J20 You said name one- I named many. Sometimes it's ok to be wrong about people. sometimes it's ok to "go against the party" lol

Sorry, man. By me saying something positive about your post, I got the mindless set riled up.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 08/21/2017 10:50 AM

J20

We all need to love each other. See each other's sides. Talk. Not argue. It's strange to be told "Looks like your opening your mind" by a party slave. Forgot about the Ron Paul quote earlier...
 08/21/2017 10:50 AM

J20

undefined The political violence in Charlottesville yesterday was as predictable as it was futile. One person was killed and dozens badly injured, marking a new low in the political and cultural wars that are as heated as any time since in America since the 1960s. This relentless politicization of American culture has eroded goodwill and inflamed the worst impulses in society. Antifa and the alt-right may represent simple-minded expressions of hatred and fear, but both groups are animated entirely by politics: the perception that others can impose their will on us politically. The only lasting solution to political violence is to make politics matter less. We've allowed politics to invade every aspect of American life, from religion and family life to sex and sexuality, from bathrooms to ball fields to the workplace. But what has it gotten us besides identity politics on steroids? The "personal is political" is hardly the rallying cry of a free and confident nation. Even as we enjoy historically unparalleled material prosperity, we are dispirited by the 2016 election hangover and looking for scapegoats to explain the American malaise. It's easy to decry Antifa and its violent leftwing rhetoric. It's easy to decry the alt-Right, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and fascists. It's more important to understand them as exemplars of a new political age. Progressives demanded permanent revolution; conservatives responded by becoming permanent reactionaries. And the media bias (overwhelmingly anti-right) makes things worse: one "side" becomes convinced of its moral superiority, while the other becomes convinced the fix is in. We suspect, without knowing, that a Hillary voter is just a step or two removed from a bandanna-clad Antifa, while a Mitt Romney voter is but a few degrees removed from an alt-Right nationalist marching in the streets. This may seem farcical, but the political society promoted by Clinton and Romney encourages it. Everyone must take a side, and live with the excesses. What we saw this weekend was a demonstration of the horseshoe effect, where both groups begin to sound and act like the other-- both illiberal, both demanding omnipotent state solutions to problems mostly created by government in the first place. To be sure, Antifa and the alt-right represent only a tiny fraction of the population and have little economic, social, or political power. But they serve as perfect fodder for a media narrative that benefits from a sky-is-falling narrative to ratchet up viewership. The narrative is fed by our vanity and desire to imagine easy solutions to complex problems (e.g. more "education," hate speech laws, welfarism, etc.) And we play along, assuming the worst of others and issuing smug affirmations of our own superiority on Facebook and Twitter.
 08/21/2017 10:51 AM

J20

I really think the last sentence sums up a lot of NSR.
 08/21/2017 01:34 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Narrative, 2017s word of the year.

Nazis marched through the streets of a US town.

Counter protesters counter protested.

Violence was instigated, no one really know who started it.

Trump said nothing.

Trump condemned the Nazis.

Trump blames everyone.

The murder was never deemed a terror attack.

The Right media kick into gear and ANTIFA become the enemy.

No one, as in not one single person, denounces the Nazis and their killing of an innocent.

The Right on here do all they can to defend Trump and vilify ANTIFA.

J20 is the first person on the Right to condemn the alt white power community.

Personally, I'm all for the right's defense of trump and extremists. The more they continue, the farther they fall in the polls. But you know what I find really funny? The fact that no one on the Right gives too shits about working with the Left until they begin to get their asses handed to them in the polls. If you doubt what i am saying, please refer to the eight years of attack Obama endured as president and the absolute wall of resistance the Left received at the same time.

How about this, let's all get buddy buddy in 2018 when the next election is over.

I was right.
 08/21/2017 01:45 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: J20

Can we not all agree that confederate statues belong in museums or on private property? That people, even Nazis, have the right to free speech and the right to protest? That physically attacking people for their opinions is wrong?

I agree that everybody has a right to free speech from the POV of the government.
The government should not restrict speech, nor has it.

Physically attacking Nazis for their beliefs (wanting us dead, remember that part?) is the right thing to do. They should never feel safe.

Nazis, nor anybody who sides with those murderous pieces of shit have no right to march, shout hate slogans without expecting resistance from those who understand what they are.

The only right any Nazi has in my eyes is to fucking die.

If you can't bring yourself to unambiguously denounce them, then you need another hard look in the mirror as you ask yourself why.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 08/21/2017 01:55 PM

WG

Originally posted by: Cole

Trump is right that both sides were wrong in the scrum.

No he is not.
There were the bad Nazis and the people who oppose them.

Nazi = evil.
Opposing them by all means = American.

Unambiguous.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 08/21/2017 02:28 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I'm with WG. I don't think Antifa violence is helpful, but I'm sympathetic to their cause.

Free speech doesn't include fighting words, and sometimes we have to resort to violence to meet a violent threat.

But it's counter productive at this moment.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/21/2017 02:28 PM

J20

I'm not condemning anyone. I said the statues belong in museums. And that no black kid should have to walk past Robert E Lee on the way to school. And that this whole thing is a way to get people divided and to hate each other based on their political beliefs. And that you all are playing right along with your parties. I doubt anyone on here is an actual Nazi. I doubt anyone on here would charge a nazi with a bat for being an idiot marching around yelling. We're the 2ndlight community of surfers and fishermen that should see past the division.
 08/21/2017 02:31 PM

J20

Reposting a tidbit from the Ron Paul quote..... We suspect, without knowing, that a Hillary voter is just a step or two removed from a bandanna-clad Antifa, while a Mitt Romney voter is but a few degrees removed from an alt-Right nationalist marching in the streets. This may seem farcical, but the political society promoted by Clinton and Romney encourages it
 08/21/2017 02:39 PM

WG

Originally posted by: J20

I'm not condemning anyone. I said the statues belong in museums. And that no black kid should have to walk past Robert E Lee on the way to school. And that this whole thing is a way to get people divided and to hate each other based on their political beliefs. And that you all are playing right along with your parties. I doubt anyone on here is an actual Nazi. I doubt anyone on here would charge a nazi with a bat for being an idiot marching around yelling. We're the 2ndlight community of surfers and fishermen that should see past the division.

I am unambiguously condemning any Nazi and any person who supports them, marches with them, sympathizes in any way with them and fails to condemn them.
There is no middle ground here. I'm disgusted that anyone thinks there is.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 08/21/2017 02:46 PM

WG

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

I'm with WG. I don't think Antifa violence is helpful, but I'm sympathetic to their cause.

Free speech doesn't include fighting words, and sometimes we have to resort to violence to meet a violent threat.

But it's counter productive at this moment.

I agree that antifa counter-violence is counter productive and with the MSM media so compliant to the right wing these days, it helps the Nazis and their sympathizers in the Republican party. From a political tactical POV, antifa are idiot children.

But fighting Nazis by any means is unquestionably the moral high ground. All of the idiots who marched on that statue in Charlottesville may not have called themselves Nazis, but their chants told the truth about their sympathies.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 08/21/2017 02:52 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

"Physically attacking Nazis for their beliefs (wanting us dead, remember that part?) is the right thing to do. They should never feel safe.

Nazis, nor anybody who sides with those murderous pieces of shit have no right to march, shout hate slogans without expecting resistance from those who understand what they are.

The only right any Nazi has in my eyes is to fucking die. " WG

Yep, this what I have been saying since last week.

All the right wing freaks called me out on it. Sieg heil bitches.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 08/21/2017 05:07 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Nobody will call you out from fear of you sniveling to the mod's!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 08/21/2017 05:15 PM

RustyTruck

You scared cranky?

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

08/21/2017 05:56 PM

foam ball

Joined Forum: 06/01/2005

Just accept it J20, you are a closet Nazi. You must be, there's no other logical choice since you don't agree with Coleslaw. The left has employed McCarthyism in full effect.
 08/21/2017 06:05 PM

RustyTruck

08/21/2017 06:39 PM

occy

Joined Forum: 02/20/2012

" I am unambiguously condemning any Nazi and any person who supports them, marches with them, sympathizes in any way with them and fails to condemn them. There is no middle ground here. I'm disgusted that anyone thinks there is."

"

"All of the idiots who marched on that statue in Charlottesville may not have called themselves Nazis, but their chants told the truth about their sympathies."

I may have missed it, but what were some of their chants?

Ask me how to take almost free surf trips anywhere.

08/21/2017 06:43 PM

RustyTruck

"Jews will not replace us" and "blood and soil" I saw on the TV.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_and_Soil

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .