Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Another white supremacist uncovered in the Trump cabinet.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/18/2017 07:49 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/18/2017 07:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Ben Carson.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/maxine-waters-rant-goes-off-rails-ben-carson-white-wing-nationalist/

That, perhaps, is a leap too far. Of course, we have the example of Clayton Bigsby. So you never know.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 08/18/2017 07:56 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

"Maxine Waters rant goes off the rails"

That train derailed a long time ago.

08/18/2017 07:58 AM

Zeus

So the pot called the kettle white?

08/18/2017 08:01 AM

chopola

Joined Forum: 09/04/2004

classic zeus!!
 08/18/2017 08:06 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Clayton Bigsby is funny as hell.

But Carson, he's got something to remind our local champions of consolation prize statuary: "Speaking about the violence in Charlottesville and demands for Confederate monuments to be removed, Carson told NBC 4 News, "We need to explain to people that many of the Confederate monuments that were put up were put up specifically during the Jim Crow era, specifically during the civil rights movement, to make a statement."

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 08/18/2017 08:27 AM

tpapablo

Realizing full well that what I am about to say will forever brand me as a Nazi, Clayton Bigsby is one of my heros. That is one of the funniest comedy sketches I have ever seen.

As far as whatr Carson said, I don't think that you can argue with that. But you can't see intent in a statue. Maybe da Vinci wanted to rape Mona Lisa. Should we destroy that painting because da Vinci had ill will?

In any case, I think the statue thing should be left up to the people in the locales in question. I don't look at Confederate statues as a memorial to slavery, and I doubt I am in the minority. The men in my family were wiped out at Gettysburg (my namesake was captured - the coward). And though they were fighting for a very wrong ideal, they probably were like most soldiers, cannon fodder, who didn't give a damn about slavery one way or another. I believe that they are due some recognition for their sacrifice, which occurred in a very important chapter of our history. The Civil War, IMO, demonstrates the lengths that we went to to right a historic wrong. We should celebrate that.

I :heart; Q
 08/18/2017 08:31 AM

Joined Forum: 01/26/2005

Alan West is not much better. His recent article about the C-ville events: "I'm a Af-Am Republican and I am not offended by confederate statues. Left wants to use this tragic event for political advantage. That's wrong. So wrong, that I am going to point my finger at all the racist stuff they do/have done while claiming that republicans did not ever use those issues/events for political gain. And I'm going to title the article Ok folks, here's what REALLY happened in Charlottesville - and what everyone is missing, so you'll know it's the real Truth and not Fake News."

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
 08/18/2017 09:54 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

" think the statue thing should be left up to the people in the locales in question"

Yes

"believe that they are due some recognition for their sacrifice"

No, In our general public there are millions of people whose descendants would have remained in slavery had the confederates prevailed.  

"Alan West is not much better"

Understatement.  His crew cut is tight though. 

08/18/2017 12:15 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

"One less white supremacist in chumpf white house!"
and joseph built the pyramids to store grain, rite altbreits?
I will say mr. carsons post on facebook was the first intelligent response from anyone in the fascist, racist, traitorous chumpf regime.
So why does he work for the delusional failed business man, putin appointed girly man dirt ball.....

It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 08/18/2017 at 12:31 PM by nukeh2o
 08/18/2017 12:20 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

The War of Northern Aggression.

Dora Hates You
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .