Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Why all the fuss?
Topic Summary: there really is NO pure race...
Created On: 08/18/2017 04:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/18/2017 06:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered
If only most on this forum realized they are the ones that are promoting this behavior
An anonymous forum isn't the best place to get civil discourse. Things are said behind a keyboard that probably wouldn't in a face to face discussion, causing tempers to flare and valid points to be overlooked or ignored in the heat of an emotional tirade. We're probably closer on most issues than we may think. Despite the slur being hurled at one another, I've read nothing that would lead me to believe anybody on here is actually a Nazi or Nazi sympathizer. That's a pretty big start in my opinion. Whether we chose to build on that base to achieve a better understanding of one another is up to the individual.

You are absolutey correct, once again. I view this anonymous forum as a way for people to freely speak whats on their mind (well, as long as jdbman doesn't get all upset and demand it taken down). With the physical barrier removed, you have an insight into the inner thinking. Quite frankly, its both appaling and scary to see the inner thoughts of some on this forum, but is a snapshot of the current reality in today's society.

In case you haven't noticed, I've become a triggered snowflake over this whole Confederate BS that is going on, and appaled by the stark resemblance to the radical Left wingers who brought Cuba, both Western and Eastern Europe, Venezula, etc... into darkness, espoused by the local "liberals" on this forum. Whats even scarier, is they don't even realize it.

There is a strong force out there, pushing selective "news", forcing an opinion based off of a narrative instead of fact, and creating a mob of usefull idiots to push an agenda. And do so blindly. What happened in VA has/should be making this even more clear. The fact that mainstream media does not even acknowledge the violence from the left, doesn't even bring up the "freedom of speech" aspect, and somehow ties all of this to Trump, should be a giant red fcking flag to anyone capable of stepping back and seeing whats going on.

Thing is, if most people on here did that, we would have the unity to combat it.

There is not one single story about in the mainstream media that I could find about the clowns mistaking the statue of peace for a confederate one. Not one story in the mainstream media abot Trump signing those two bills that benifits the Vets. So far, not nearly the attention that should be given to what happened in Barcelona, and what happened to Russia?

REJECT THE NARRATIVE, OR AT LEAST FCKING QUESTION IT, OTHERWISE YOU ARE THE MODERN DAY VERSION OF A USEFULL IDIOT!!!!!!

08/18/2017 07:13 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

As you obviously already know, MSM has an agenda, to get as many people clicking their website, watching their channel or reading their blogs as possible, the higher the number the happier their advertisers are and the checks keep coming. And as I'm sure you are aware, people tend to view the network that meets their criteria of 'news' and both sides spend big $ making that happen. You'll never reach a large number of our society on both sides, their minds are set and all other arguments are lost.

Today we have more information at our disposal than ever before much of it skewed one way or the other, it's up to us to interpret that information. Keeping an open mind about everything is one of the most difficult things I have to do on a daily basis. Despite my best efforts, the human side overtakes the Vulcan and I let my emotions get in the way from time to time. I realize this and have to constantly be mindful of it to keep it in check, otherwise I get baited into name calling and douchebaggery just like everyone else.

-------------------------
Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 08/18/2017 07:19 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

I think NPR tends to be pretty restrained. Sure, it's for white eggheads like me, but their news tries to get it right. And yes, I know what folks on the right think of it.

(Don't include Code Switch in that; that's more editorial).

Everyone has a filter.

08/18/2017 07:21 AM

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover

The KKK was started by confederate veterans, the same racist idiots that erected the "beautiful" statues, and fought integration for over 100 years with their whites only culture.

Whites only water fountains

Whites only restaurants

Whites only bus seats

Whites only gas stations

Whites only jobs

Whites only education

That's why we have race based benefits you fucking knuckle head. There is still race based economic inequality thanks to southern "culture."

So why are there race based benefits in the union states?
 08/18/2017 07:28 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

1. They're federal laws.
2. Race based economic inequality doesn't have borders.
 08/18/2017 07:29 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Obie - you just throw a bunch of shit at the wall and hope some of it sticks. None of it is sticking...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 08/18/2017 07:29 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

With the proper permit, they are allowed to march in the street; no matter how much you and I may disagree with the message, it's protected as long as they obey the law. If it weren't for the counter protesters nobody would have even known about their little circle jerk outside of their group.

Most of my favorite statues are in Italy, done by some guy named Michelangelo. There's a pretty cool one in NY too, the French gave her to us.

My bad worksux, I was asking Obx what his favorite Confederate statues are.

And yes, everyone in the US has the right to peacefully protest, I'm just not familiar with previous protesters showing up in flack jackets, and helmets with AK47s strapped across their backs.

I was right.
 08/18/2017 07:38 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

I'm just not familiar with previous protesters showing up in flack jackets, and helmets with AK47s strapped across their backs.

Unfortunately the ante is getting upped. I don't know if that is legal or not, maybe one of our resident lawyers could answer.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 08/18/2017 07:43 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Open carry is legal in VA, but it shouldn't be part of a "peaceful" hate based protest. I wouldn't be surprised if their permit has weapons exclusions.
 08/18/2017 07:51 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: Cole
Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered With the proper permit, they are allowed to march in the street; no matter how much you and I may disagree with the message, it's protected as long as they obey the law. If it weren't for the counter protesters nobody would have even known about their little circle jerk outside of their group. Most of my favorite statues are in Italy, done by some guy named Michelangelo. There's a pretty cool one in NY too, the French gave her to us. [IMG][/IMG]
My bad worksux, I was asking Obx what his favorite Confederate statues are. .

Stone Mountain, which will probably be seeing a heavy dose of dynamite soon. Progress!!!!

08/18/2017 07:53 AM

Cole

In Florida are there local statues you want preserved? Or is it just all of them in general, no matter their background?

I was right.
 08/18/2017 08:17 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

With the proper permit, they are allowed to march in the street; no matter how much you and I may disagree with the message, it's protected as long as they obey the law. If it weren't for the counter protesters nobody would have even known about their little circle jerk outside of their group.

Most of my favorite statues are in Italy, done by some guy named Michelangelo. There's a pretty cool one in NY too, the French gave her to us. [IMG][/IMG]

My bad worksux, I was asking Obx what his favorite Confederate statues are.

And yes, everyone in the US has the right to peacefully protest, I'm just not familiar with previous protesters showing up in flack jackets, and helmets with AK47s strapped across their backs.

Yeah...I've never heard of 'peaceful protesters' ripping statues down and attacking anyone who differs in opinion either!

Hypocrite!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 08/18/2017 08:58 AM

Cole

Goddamn it! Will someone please tell me where all these precious statues are so I can go see them for myself?

If they are so important, you have to be familiar with them!

Jesus, i just want directions, is that too much to ask?

I was right.
 08/18/2017 09:06 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: Cole In Florida are there local statues you want preserved? Or is it just all of them in general, no matter their background?

I want them all preserved in general under the premise that its history, no matter how ugly, and it represents fallen heros to local populace. If the local populace wants them removed via a vote, then so be it.

The main one that is realy pissing me off is the memorial in front of the Hillsborough Courthouse. Its a memeorial to fallen brothers, sons, and fathers that fought and died in this horrible war, not a statute of a particular General or anything. And yet, the rabid mob wants that taken down too. Can you imagine, a memorial to the relatives of the local populace taken down? Its fcking asinine.

Anyways, google is your friend.

https://www.google.com/search?q=confederate+memorials+in+florida&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwikwrjRlOHVAhUFZCYKHQdJCHkQvwUIIygA&biw=1600&bih=726

08/18/2017 09:11 AM

Cole

If it wasn't there, you wouldn't know the difference, but you will still defend it to your dying breath.

I'll give you an A for conviction. I'll never understand it, but hey, at least you have compassion.

I was right.
 08/18/2017 09:24 AM

TyroneShoelaces

Joined Forum: 07/27/2009

Originally posted by: obx2

In case you haven't noticed, I've become a triggered snowflake over this whole Confederate BS that is going on, and appaled by the stark resemblance to the radical Left wingers who brought Cuba, both Western and Eastern Europe, Venezula, etc... into darkness, espoused by the local "liberals" on this forum. Whats even scarier, is they don't even realize it.

Really? Just recently?Weren't you obx until you got banned for racist comments about the former first lady?

08/18/2017 09:35 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: TyroneShoelaces
Originally posted by: obx2

Really? Just recently?Weren't you obx until you got banned for racist comments about the former first lady?

Huh? That is absolute BS. I never said anything like that.

The reason I was banned the first time was because I was pointing out the irony/hypocricy that its OK to write n****er, but not ok to write it (and I spelled it out). God forbid I spell out the word, and not replace them with "**s" got me banned. Just like Miker's post illustrating a valid point, but because he use that word, his post was taken down. Neither of it used it in a contex of hate, or bigotry, but yet the shear mention of if bunched up the panties of the mods, apparently. (In their defense, I doubt they actually read what was written and understood the context, they probably just zeroed in on the use of the word..)

But no, don't even try to associate me with that crap....

08/18/2017 09:35 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

We have to get these statues out of the way to make room for statues of Obama and the Clintons.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 08/18/2017 09:40 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: Cole ...but you will still defend it to your dying breath.

you're damn right!!! Its the principle, and its complete BS. Rest assured I would defend freedom of speech, even if it was a giant statute of Bruce Jenner riding a rainbow. (although, maybe with not so much conviction, backed with a sincere attempt to eductate) I openly admit to being a triggered snowflake pertaining to this issue.

I'll give you an A for conviction. I'll never understand it, but hey, at least you have compassion.

08/18/2017 09:42 AM

chopola

Joined Forum: 09/04/2004

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

If it weren't for the counter protesters nobody would have even known about their little circle jerk outside of their group.

Did counter protesters cause this?

http://www.businessinsider.com...lists-neo-nazis-2017-8

Typical "whip em into a frenzy" article, from the liberal media. From the article " For half an hour, three men dressed in fatigues and armed with semi-automatic rifles stood across the street from the temple," Alan Zimmerman, the president of Congregation Beth Israe, wrote." Now look at the photograph the journalist uses to visualize the scene. There must be two dozen alt-right scarries in that pic, kkk robes, skin heads clubs and helmets, confederate flags neck beards and mean faces. From reports I have read of the rally, there was lots of open carry display. Thanks to the journalist for helping me visualize the scene [sarcasm intended].

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Why all the fuss?

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .