Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: historical monuments
Topic Summary: text from a 1913 dedication speech
Created On: 08/17/2017 07:06 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/17/2017 06:38 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

I'm over it. You guys lack reading comprehension. I never defended slavery anywhere in my post. The public didn't decide anything. Unless someone can show me/tell me these statues were voted to removed, then spare me the BS. I just read the the Bucs are helping finance the removal of the memorial in front of the Hillsboro courthouse. A fucking memorial to the dead soldiers who didn't come back. These "traitors" you speak off. Funny how the people of that time period, America herself, didn't consider them traitors after the war. And here come you self righteous assholes, 150 years later, changing things and white washing history. A fcking memorial to the dead, is now also considered racist. The flood gates are wide open. Congratulations you fcking fascist, ignorant assholes. You've become the very thing you say your against. 

Up next, the burning of Huck Fin, because it has the word n*gger in it. Whoops, there goes this post now.....

I'm done, see you at the barricades, as that peacenick Rusty so eloquently put it.

08/17/2017 06:38 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: all3

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo
Originally posted by: all3 Independent is taking care of yourself, not living off the hard work of slaves

Or being a generational lifetime welfare mooch
not sure what you're trying to say there cheater. Being on welfare your whole life is not being independent. sucks for those people. Sucks for the taxpayers also.

Please read slower, the point is coming from you libs who vehemently protect your voting class, yet espouse indepndence. You cats thrive off dependence and victimhood. Your side will be humiliated once again by twisting truth, outright lying and being on the wrong side of common sense.
 08/17/2017 07:13 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

How could I be humiliated by your twisting truth, outright lying and being on the wrong side of common sense?

-------------------------
"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 08/17/2017 07:18 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Cheat must be into the hootch, he's babbling.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/17/2017 07:23 PM

all3

Originally posted by: obx2 I'm over it. You guys lack reading comprehension. I never defended slavery anywhere in my post. The public didn't decide anything. Unless someone can show me/tell me these statues were voted to removed, then spare me the BS. I just read the the Bucs are helping finance the removal of the memorial in front of the Hillsboro courthouse. A fucking memorial to the dead soldiers who didn't come back. These "traitors" you speak off. Funny how the people of that time period, America herself, didn't consider them traitors after the war. And here come you self righteous assholes, 150 years later, changing things and white washing history. A fcking memorial to the dead, is now also considered racist. The flood gates are wide open. Congratulations you fcking fascist, ignorant assholes. You've become the very thing you say your against. 

Up next, the burning of Huck Fin, because it has the word n*gger in it. Whoops, there goes this post now.....

I'm done, see you at the barricades, as that peacenick Rusty so eloquently put it.

You can't see that calling slavery a "Necessity" isn't defending it? These aren't memorials to dead soldiers, these are glorifying the leaders of the Confederacy.

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 08/17/2017 07:39 PM

all3

I'm OK with Huck Finn

08/17/2017 07:54 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: obx2 I'm over it. You guys lack reading comprehension. I never defended slavery anywhere in my post. The public didn't decide anything. Unless someone can show me/tell me these statues were voted to removed, then spare me the BS. I just read the the Bucs are helping finance the removal of the memorial in front of the Hillsboro courthouse. A fucking memorial to the dead soldiers who didn't come back. These "traitors" you speak off. Funny how the people of that time period, America herself, didn't consider them traitors after the war. And here come you self righteous assholes, 150 years later, changing things and white washing history. A fcking memorial to the dead, is now also considered racist. The flood gates are wide open. Congratulations you fcking fascist, ignorant assholes. You've become the very thing you say your against.  Up next, the burning of Huck Fin, because it has the word n*gger in it. Whoops, there goes this post now..... I'm done, see you at the barricades, as that peacenick Rusty so eloquently put it.
Would the vote be fair? There is 61% white and 12% black in this country. Doubt the people the vote really matters too have a chance. Even your "I give up" speeches are riddled with privelege. I'm telling you, do yourself a favor and study civil rights, the flipping of parties since Lincoln, civil war, post civil war, civil rights movement, comparison of "war on drugs" to "opioid epidemic," implicit bias, unconscious racial bias, affirmative action, and just read and talk to real people. Not the alt right Breitbart fools that make up "facts" like the kkk are democrats and Hillary's mentor is a KKK demon.
 08/17/2017 07:54 PM

wbsponger

Joined Forum: 08/04/2003

Obx who then decided to have the monuments removed?

08/17/2017 07:56 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: wbsponger

Obx who then decided to have the monuments removed?

Yep. If the public agreed to put them up, shouldn't the public have the choice to take them down?

I was right.
 08/17/2017 08:08 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: Cole
Originally posted by: wbsponger Obx who then decided to have the monuments removed?
Yep. If the public agreed to put them up, shouldn't the public have the choice to take them down?
"The public" had no say, white people did. There was no voting. If there was no blacks could vote. I hope you're being sarcastic.
 08/17/2017 10:26 PM

Cole

Calm down man, I play this game the long way.

I was right.
 08/17/2017 11:10 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Mr. Carr paid for a campus building, which is named for him.  

08/18/2017 03:54 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: Cole Calm down man, I play this game the long way.
 08/18/2017 04:39 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Yep!

You lose the game the long way too.

Good on ya.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 08/18/2017 at 04:57 AM by Fish Killer
 08/18/2017 04:42 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

Yep!
You loose the game the long way too.
Good on ya.

loose?

I always heard Nazi pricks were dumb as a sack of manure, thanks for the proof.

I was right.
 08/18/2017 05:29 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: wbsponger Obx who then decided to have the monuments removed?

Like I said, if there was a vote held, and the majority wanted them removed, then so be it. There was no vote/input from the public. It was just done by order of the mayor.  In fact, the 4 more removed in Baltimore were done at night. Fcking cowards........

08/18/2017 05:34 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: obx2
Like I said, if there was a vote held, and the majority wanted them removed, then so be it. There was no vote/input from the public. It was just done by order of the mayor.  In fact, the 4 more removed in Baltimore were done at night. Fcking cowards........
You now ignore reality. Cowards want monuments of traitors and slavers.
 08/18/2017 05:54 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: HAPDigital
Originally posted by: obx2
You now ignore reality. Cowards want monuments of traitors and slavers.

You mean like this one? You litteraly suppor the actions of fools, who are ignorant of history, and don't even know what the fck they are doing. They are just doing it like a bunch of rabid freaks.

I'll use the liberal tactic of the false equivalent. You support these fools who are ignorant of history, therefore you yourself must be ignorant of history. And, one more time, America never considered them traitors,  untill now. In fact thet are legaly Veterans. But I wouldnt expect someone who is ingnorant of history such as yourself to grasp that. You literaly are supported the removal of statues of Vetrans....sit on that one for a second HAP.  

08/18/2017 07:22 AM

wbsponger

So the elected representative of a city, with the power to do so, decided to remove some City owned property? The horror! 

I have my doubts that there are riots in the streets and massive protests against this action from the locals. In fact most people do not care one way or another. A vocal minority want to see it gone and a much smaller vocal minority would like to see them stay.

If I lived in a community that decided to have them removed. I would be angru if they decided to remove them at any other time then at night. Why create a reason for a bunch of Nazi flag wavers and black clad morons to crawl out from under their rocks and descend on your community.

08/18/2017 07:27 AM

wbsponger

I do not support it any way mobs defacing or tearing down public property. If you want something gone organise people to put pressure on your city councilman, mayor or whomever .

Also specifically with the civil war monuments I personally would like to see them go to a museum or civil war site perhaps. However if the community wanted to melt then down and make a peace monument or whatever, that's their right. 

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : historical monuments

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .