Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: A few quotes from and old book
Topic Summary: ...that's more relevant than ever...
Created On: 08/16/2017 09:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/16/2017 09:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

first person to guess gets an attaboy/girl.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

"And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed - if all records told the same tale - then the lie passed into history and became truth. 'Who controls the past' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.' "

"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."

"A mass of Latin words falls upon the facts like soft snow, blurring the outline and covering up all the details. The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns as it were instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish spurting out ink. In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics'. All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. When the general atmosphere is bad, language must suffer. "

"The past was erased. The eraser was forgotten, the lie became the truth."

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. "

-------------------------
Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 08/16/2017 09:49 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

2 guess'

Mien Kampf

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 08/16/2017 09:54 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

gonna have to ask you to narrow it down....

08/16/2017 11:11 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

The art of the deal.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 08/16/2017 11:17 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 08/16/2017 11:22 AM

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

Exactly, just watch how the media has been operating during / since the election

Google/YouTube/twitter censorship as well..
 08/16/2017 11:32 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Do the deplorables read books or just burn them?

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 08/16/2017 11:32 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered first person to guess gets an attaboy/girl. "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

Like we were told to reject the evidence of HRC's email scandal, Benghazi blunders, Fast and Furious, etc....

"And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed - if all records told the same tale - then the lie passed into history and became truth. 'Who controls the past' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.' "

"All records" as in a narrative that is repeated over and over again by the media. Talk about controlling the past, tell me who is actively trying to remove it?

"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."

Exactly.....

"A mass of Latin words falls upon the facts like soft snow, blurring the outline and covering up all the details. The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns as it were instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish spurting out ink. In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics'. All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred, and schizophrenia. When the general atmosphere is bad, language must suffer. "

Ponder that one for a second. Which side is spouting the patholofical hatred towards an elected official? Who is rioting, preventing free speech, and silencing the opposition, creating a "bad atmosphere"

"The past was erased. The eraser was forgotten, the lie became the truth." "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. "

Which side basis opinion on narrative, and attacks the truth again? (I'll again refer to Ferguson as an example)

Also, again, who is trying to whitewash/protect us from History?

Its astounding how you guys fail to see thats exactly what's going on right now, and its not coming from the right side of the political spectrum. The right side is on the receiving end, not the giving. The ones who parrot the narrative, jump on the bandwagon, and act without conscience or void of logic, are the usefull idiots that are required.

Reject the narrative, at the very least, question it........

08/16/2017 12:00 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I've been trying to read 'It Can't Happen Here,' but honestly, it may as well be in a foreign language. I have to google something every other paragraph.
 08/16/2017 12:06 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: obx2 The right side is on the receiving end, not the giving.

Butt both sides are bad, herp derp.

Guess you changed your mind on that, or never really meant it.

08/16/2017 12:14 PM

obx2

Originally posted by: scombrid
Originally posted by: obx2 The right side is on the receiving end, not the giving.

Butt both sides are bad, herp derp.

Guess you changed your mind on that, or never really meant it.

I've said both sides are controlled by the establishment. That doesn't mean that I've lost the ability to draw conclusions based off of observations, and my observations are its the left that is guilty of the above.

BTW - Look whose jumping on the bandwagon for denouncing Trump. Thats right, the established career Rebublicans. SURPRISE!!!! Tell me, Scom. Do you also feel the blame is on Trump for what happened in VA?

08/16/2017 12:24 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

Its astounding how you guys fail to see thats exactly what's going on right now, and its not coming from the right side of the political spectrum. The right side is on the receiving end, not the giving.

It's astounding to me that you (collectively) don't see its a mirror image of what happened to the previous administration and the one before that, and so on.... The 'political system' is broken no matter what side of the aisle your representative sits on, they answer to the party, who in turn answers to the donors who for the most part are anonymous and answer to no one.

I don't know how to fix it without the proverbial shit hitting the fan and I'm not holding my breath for our elected officials collectively shooting themselves in the foot to make things better.

08/16/2017 12:29 PM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

Yes, we are having a culture war; a war for our national identity. This has happened before. This will eventually cause a reset of sorts and we will move on, as in the 60s...if we don't destroy ourselves first.

And yes, we have campaign finance corruption.

08/16/2017 12:35 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

This has happened before. This will eventually cause a reset of sorts and we will move on, as in the 60s

I hope you're correct, but to me this seems like an open wound that has been festering since the 60's, then again in the 90's and 2000's...

08/16/2017 12:51 PM

obx2

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered
Its astounding how you guys fail to see thats exactly what's going on right now, and its not coming from the right side of the political spectrum. The right side is on the receiving end, not the giving.
It's astounding to me that you (collectively) don't see its a mirror image of what happened to the previous administration and the one before that, and so on....

I don't know, all I see is the constant barrage of anti-Trump crap flooding the media, along with a constant barrage of being called a "deplorable," racisist, homophobe, islamaphobe, or whatever name is given to someone who holds a difference of opinion of the left. I see one conservative "news" outlet, that is constantly ridiculed, remaining.  I guess I do not see these tactics coming from the right. Like I said, it appears the right is always on the recieving end. I welcome any counters.

The 'political system' is broken no matter what side of the aisle your representative sits on, they answer to the party, who in turn answers to the donors who for the most part are anonymous and answer to no one.

This I completely agree with.

I don't know how to fix it without the proverbial shit hitting the fan and I'm not holding my breath for our elected officials collectively shooting themselves in the foot to make things better.

We fix it by first recognizing it, rejecting the narrative, and coming together to vote them all out. But first we must also stop the divide. We are being divided on all fronts (age, race, rich, poor, religion, etc), which again falls back to, we must reject the narrative (or at least question it).

08/16/2017 01:06 PM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered
This has happened before. This will eventually cause a reset of sorts and we will move on, as in the 60s
I hope you're correct, but to me this seems like an open wound that has been festering since the 60's, then again in the 90's and 2000's...

Inching forward is painful? Maybe.

08/16/2017 05:48 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

I don't know, all I see is the constant barrage of anti-Trump crap flooding the media, along with a constant barrage of being called a "deplorable," racisist, homophobe, islamaphobe, or whatever name is given to someone who holds a difference of opinion of the left.

That is very true, even more so than the previous administrations, but you have to admit, Trump has brought 99.9999999999999% of the shit storm onto himself. He has picked a public fight with anybody and everybody that has dared question his less than stable thinking. He's broadcast his every inner thought via twitter, 'accidentally' shared confidential information in his tourette like rants. He's been a complete dbag from day 1.

As far as being guilty through association, these recent events have not helped that situation and should actually make one think long and hard about their positions. It's like every time I happen to agree with fishbeater, I feel like I need to go take a shower.

I'm one of the 3% that threw their votes away last cycle. I assumed HRC would win , but like most people, their was a part of me that felt Trump just might take it and I looked forward to watching the establishment squirm. But I honestly thought Trump would take the responsibility seriously and surround himself with knowledgeable people and felt his ideas may actually benefit our economy. Now he has embedded himself in such controversy so early on, he has ZERO chance of accomplishing anything positive.

08/17/2017 12:26 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Orwell joined the Republican army in the Spanish Civil War and got shot.  Spaniards were deeply split.  Garcia Lorca was killed by the fascists; Miguel de Unamuno, a distinguished Basque philospher and novelist, sided with them.  

In Germany, the Swiss theologian Karl Barth, a much respected conservative, lost his job and went back to Switzerland after refusing to pledge allegiance to Hitler without caveats.  He and Dietrich Boenhoffer were unusual.

08/17/2017 04:21 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I don't know, all I see is the constant barrage of anti-Trump crap flooding the media, along with a constant barrage of being called a "deplorable," racisist, homophobe, islamaphobe, or whatever name is given to someone who holds a difference of opinion of the left. I see one conservative "news" outlet, that is constantly ridiculed, remaining. I guess I do not see these tactics coming from the right. Like I said, it appears the right is always on the recieving end. I welcome any counters.

Are you fcking nuts?

The Right has done nothing but attack the left for years, you have an entire TV station devoted to it.

Rush
Infowars
Breitbart
Fox news
Local Fox news
Hannity
Krauthammer
Coulter
National Review
Heritage Foundation
Townhall
Thefederalist

All attack the left. All day. Every day.

..and those are just off the top of my head.

I was right.
 08/17/2017 04:40 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

We are inching towards becoming China.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .