Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Like the world has never seen before
Topic Summary: preemtive nuclear holocaust?
Created On: 08/09/2017 06:09 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/09/2017 04:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cosmicviking

Joined Forum: 08/17/2013

You must be joking. North Korea has been threatening us for years as well as developing nuclear weapons. WTF?

08/09/2017 04:13 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

Trump didn't inherit shit. It opened its mouth when it shouldn't have. Trump is going to fuck over many innocent people because he wings it. To support this idiot's words and blame previous admins is the most stupid thing ive heard on any forum anywhere.

Yeah ole kick the can barry solved that problem didnt he? Wtf do you smoke?
 08/09/2017 04:13 PM

Cosmicviking

You must live in an alternate universe.

08/09/2017 04:36 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

MAD.

Mutually assured destruction. North Korea has stockpiled huge amounts of conventional weapons to unload on Seoul the first sign of war. The stalemate had been a bad but acceptable situation that would have gone forever except that NK had thrown off the relatively equal balance of power with their nukes. They are close if not there. There are no good options. The best amongst the worst is not a preemptive nuclear strike and the inevitable nuclear power cannot be left unchecked with their increasing aggression. They are holding Seoul hostage. They are not an empty threat and they have been preparing for war for decades. A well placed America nuclear bomb starts the war, not ends it. There are many players whose loyalties will fall on the blurred lines of preemptive nuclear war. It's a world war. That might look like a great way to jump start the economy, lend credibility to empty threats and distract the world from the whole treason thing, but many people are committed to finding a solution that would exclude killing millions in seconds at the alter of the president's ego. What would I do? I would figure out a way to fight a conventional war against military targets in a way that leaves most of the NK population intact and able to rebuild once the Jong Il regime is burning and rotting in the smoldering ruins of his palace.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/09/2017 08:26 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: Cosmicviking

You must be joking. North Korea has been threatening us for years as well as developing nuclear weapons. WTF?

That's the point, they have been threatening us for years and nothing has come of it.

Do you Trump supporters think his death and brimstone speech helped the situation?

I was right.
 08/09/2017 09:08 PM

foam ball

Joined Forum: 06/01/2005

In years past they didn't have an ICBM that could reach American cities. All the sanctions we have put on NK haven't deterred then from producing these weapons. More sanctions and political maneuvering don't seem like viable options at this point.

Should we try and talk to the guy? He doesn't seem interested in any dialogue. No sitting US president is going to tolerate continued threats of a nuclear attack on US soil from a nation capable of carrying it out. Ignoring at this point isn't going to make the situation disappear. Being passive and accepting this leader and his continuous threats doesn't seem like a smart choice.

Trump is screwed no matter how he handles this. If we wait till they fire at us we run a real risk of not being able to intercept. A nuke hitting LA or NY would be catastrophic. If we do a preemptive strike South Korea and Japan are going to see massive civilian casualties.

For those of you that are so critical of the president please provide some solutions. I'm curious to hear how the progs think we should solve this issue.
 08/10/2017 02:55 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: foam ball....  For those of you that are so critical of the president please provide some solutions. I'm curious to hear how the progs think we should solve this issue.

Agree with a lot of what you wrote.

I'm not a prog so I can't speak for them but here is my opinion.  First thing trump needs to do is stop the FK'ing baby handed twitter rants.  They might feel good to some, but they are not helping the professionals who have to deal with the details. 

They are a real state that has real targets that mean something to them. NK does not want to be attacked by us in any fashion. That can be used to our advantage and is the first place to start.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 08/10/2017 05:01 AM

Cosmicviking

Cole, I said that Trumps words did not help the situation. So far not one of you anti Trumpers has offered any kind of plan. Hap acts like this just became a problem under Trump. Some one else said they have threatened us before and nothing happened. So I guess Tpapablo is right. Just stick your head in the sand and it will all go away.

08/10/2017 05:03 AM

Cosmicviking

Foam ball , you are spot on.

08/10/2017 05:36 AM

foam ball

I hear crickets chirping. Everyone wants to criticize, whine and bitch but nobody has anything of value to add . Whether you like Trump or despise him he's what we have to work with. I agree his public rants should stop, they certainly aren't helping anything. It appears that much of the international community is backing the US with this issue. What else should we do? This fat little Korean is constantly provoking the international community and the US with threats that now seem to be backed by the means to follow through. A passive approach doesn't work when you have someone intent on picking a fight unless you want to be their doormat going forward.

08/10/2017 05:43 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

What would Kennedy do?

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 08/10/2017 05:47 AM

foam ball

Also keep in mind Iran will be watching closely. If we do nothing about NK you can be sure they will follow suit in no time at all. NK will share their technology to get them up to speed. That is of course once the tough nuclear deal that we structured expires.
 08/10/2017 06:05 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

There may be NOTHING we can do. I will not judge this administration if they are able to accomplish little aside from not blowing up the world which is my main complaint about Trump talking out his ass. If he talks, his rhetoric should be part of a concerted strategy and nothing else. This is essentially an intractable problem for now and the main objective should be not killing millions of people. Kim does not want to die and he knows that if he makes a move he's vapor. We don't want 500,000 people to die in Seoul, so we make a plan and stick to it.

There is nothing wrong with getting pissed off at Trump for doing brinksmanship based on how he feels that day. That is beyond bullshit. It's unbelievable.

His admin and the military need to come up with a long term strategy, but that's another matter.

08/10/2017 06:23 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

War may cost a million lives. A diplomatic solution may well be beyond trump's attention span. Hope the partially staffed state department and trump's babysitters can finesse something with China.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/10/2017 06:32 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I don't think NK has ever threatened an unprovoked attack on anyone, just retaliation if they attack them.
Kim knows much of the world wants him gone, and has learned that dictators with nuclear weapons get to live.

He ain't picking any fights just trying to hang on to his world. He has no good reason to give them up unless we give him one.
We should try to find a way to get him to let go, and pounding our chest with war talk seems to be Trumps way, doubt it will work.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 08/10/2017 06:42 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

During the Cuban missile crisis, Kennedy had chest thumping advisors who advocated a preemptive strike on Cuba. Attack before the Russian missiles were operational.
Instead, he worked out a way for the Russians to save face and walk away. Remove the missiles, and we remove missiles from Turkey.
I bet there were even some who called him a prog pussy at the time, perhaps in the language of that era.

Come to find out that there were operational tactical nukes in place, and a US attack/invasion would have probably triggered nuclear war.

Statesmanship matters, and at the moment, we're not looking too good in that respect.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/10/2017 06:49 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

^^^^^^^rt

....and now you know the rest of the story.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 08/10/2017 07:05 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

I don't like naval officers whose PT boats are cut in half by Japanese cans at night and still save most of the crew. I like officers who ram Japanese destroyers with their wooden torpedo boats full of aviation fuel and somehow sink them.

08/10/2017 07:12 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Bamboo

I'm not a prog so I can't speak.....

Liar!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 08/10/2017 07:20 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: Cosmicviking

Unfortunately it seems that the only real option at this point is to let them launch 1st then hopefully shoot it down and then obliterate them.

Kim will never launch first.
He knows that is his end.

Nor would obliterating a nation of slaves be the moral or smart response to anything their master says or does.

Getting good enough at shooting them down to allow Americans to have faith that NKs nukes are no actual threat to the US is a no brainer. But that's hard and we really ain't there yet.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Like the world has never seen before

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .