Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: More fake news?
Topic Summary: Manafort was working for pro Russian Ukraine Party
Created On: 06/27/2017 06:16 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/28/2017 07:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Manafort consulted with a pro-Russian Ukrainian organization  before Trump was even a candidate? And that is even worthy of comment? Scraping the bottom of the Russian conspiracy barrel, don't you think?

Consulted with?
He was directly paid $17 million to set-up covert Russian influence in the US and Europe.
 06/28/2017 08:08 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover
Originally posted by: tpapablo Manafort consulted with a pro-Russian Ukrainian organization  before Trump was even a candidate? And that is even worthy of comment? Scraping the bottom of the Russian conspiracy barrel, don't you think?
Consulted with? He was directly paid $17 million to set-up covert Russian influence in the US and Europe.

In cahoots with John Podesta's brother from 2012-2014. Seriously? This is your smoking gun for the week? Or should I have said weak?

You guys are losing it. Jesus Christ.

-------------------------
"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 06/28/2017 08:25 AM

3rdworldlover

Podesta is testifying in closed session with the intelligence committee. They claim they didn't know the Brussels based shell organization was set up to launder the Russian funding. I don't buy that. If someone gives you $2.2 million to lobby foreign interests, you are responsible for finding out exactly where it's coming from.

But cleary, Manafort is in much deeper.

06/28/2017 08:37 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

If Podesta is guilty, take him down too.

Why do you attack Podesta and defend Manafort?

I was right.
 06/28/2017 08:39 AM

tpapablo

Well, if you progs want to riot over this, more power to you. But neither I nor much of anyone else care.

I :heart; Q
 06/28/2017 08:46 AM

johnnyboy

You can't inflict your feigned apathy on anyone and hope its contagious. It smacks of evangelism.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/28/2017 08:53 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: Cole If Podesta is guilty, take him down too. Why do you attack Podesta and defend Manafort?

I'm not defending anyone. What are you accusing them of? Why does Podesta's firm, omitting some meetings from a report in reference to meetings that occurred with a Ukrainian non-profit from 2012-2014 have to do with anything?

Sounds like it would be like me asking you to produce receipts for things you wrote off on your taxes in 2012 and then if you lost a few of them or couldn't produce them, automatically assuming you are a criminal.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

06/28/2017 09:01 AM

Cole

If it might be illegal, I'd go by the book.

If you are working on behalf of a foreign government, the law requires you to notify the state department. If there was no law broken the point is moot.

But either way, Manafort, a tRump campaign leader, was working in close quarters with pro Russian agents in Ukraine and he is one of several trump people to have close ties with know Russian agents.

If this was the Clinton administration, would you want a special council to look into these relationships? Of course you would.

I was right.
 06/28/2017 09:10 AM

3rdworldlover

They were clearly lobbying in the US on Russian payroll, and failed to register as foreign agents.
That is a felony, as it should be.

This is how we lose sovereignty to the "monied interests," international and domestic corporations and apparently even foreign governments now, buying politicians, controlling the media, and spreading propaganda via social media, and laundering the flow of money through shell corporations.
 06/28/2017 09:27 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Mueller can bring down both parties and it would be fine by me, but I've got this quaint idea of America as a free country that refuses to accept covert foreign influence on our government.
I don't much care which team they play for.

Neither should you guys. Instead of straining yourself trying to change the subject, or whistling past the graveyard, you should be lobbying your representatives to completely support the independent investigation no matter what comes of it.

Trump could end up just being the stooge. There's ample evidence he's nothing but a used car salesman who knows how to play a mark.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 06/28/2017 09:36 AM

johnnyboy

Its like we have said before on here, the GOP gets to choose the Trump they go forward with, the aging political novice backed into a corner by trusted traitors in his inner circle or amoral traitor opportunist that went into the fray with his well trained eyes wide open. Neither bode well for them. They are now pivoting from their blanket denial to acceptance that it happened to Trump, not with Trump. This tactic might get them through summer but not fall.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/28/2017 10:24 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Mueller can bring down both parties and it would be fine by me, but I've got this quaint idea of America as a free country that refuses to accept covert foreign influence on our government. I don't much care which team they play for. Neither should you guys. Instead of straining yourself trying to change the subject, or whistling past the graveyard, you should be lobbying your representatives to completely support the independent investigation no matter what comes of it. Trump could end up just being the stooge. There's ample evidence he's nothing but a used car salesman who knows how to play a mark.

Did I miss something? Did the story mention any of these meetings happening since 2014? You think we are losing our sovereignty because a lobbying group, lobbying on behalf of a Ukrainian non-profit, omitted some meetings from some reports in 2012-2014? I understand what lobbyists do for a living and I'm not sure I understand what sinister plot you are alluding to here. I'm not sure that most of you on the left understand what you even think happened here. Not only that but this story has more to do with the Hillary campaign and the Obama administration than it does with Trump. It happened in 2014 and Manafort was working directly for the lobbying firm that John Podesta cofounded. This looks like a very weak and desperate attempt to connect dots that just aren't there.

06/28/2017 10:39 AM

Cole

I'm not sure that most of you on the left understand what you even think happened here.

As of right now, no one does and that's the point.

If either did something illegal they should be prosecuted.

I sure millions of people did illegal things while Obama was president, that doesn't mean he is complicit. The same can be said for Trump, unfortunately, Manafort worked hand in hand with The Donald, hence the special investigation.

I was right.
 06/28/2017 10:52 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I think Sniper would have a much different opinion if Manafort and Flynn had been working on the Clinton or Obama campaigns.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 06/28/2017 10:55 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

And he drives around anything he can't find a way to snarkily rebut.

06/28/2017 11:01 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: Cole I'm not sure that most of you on the left understand what you even think happened here. As of right now, no one does and that's the point. If either did something illegal they should be prosecuted. I sure millions of people did illegal things while Obama was president, that doesn't mean he is complicit. The same can be said for Trump, unfortunately, Manafort worked hand in hand with The Donald, hence the special investigation.

Should we apply the same standard to Hillary? Should she be tried for the mishandling of classified information, a felony charge? See the double-standard here? Democrats get away with murder, while Republicans get crucified for jaywalking. Should Al Sharpton be tried for tax evasion? Should Bernie Sanders and his wife be tried for fraud in the Bernie University scandal?

06/28/2017 11:04 AM

3rdworldlover

Yes, you missed something.
Manafort wasn't working for Podesta.
Other way around

Edited: 06/28/2017 at 11:14 AM by 3rdworldlover
 06/28/2017 11:07 AM

Sniper

Originally posted by: RustyTruck I think Sniper would have a much different opinion if Manafort and Flynn had been working on the Clinton or Obama campaigns.

Feel different about what? A lobbyist lobbying? Tell me what you are accusing Manafort or Trump of and I can form more of an opinion.

If Hillary had won the election would you be this concerned about a lobbying firm founded by John Podesta sent Manafort to lobby on their behalf and didn't report some of the meetings between 2012-2014? Would you still think this equates to us losing our sovereignty? Would you still be ready to prosecute Manafort and/or The Podesta Group?

06/28/2017 11:07 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Sniper
Originally posted by: RustyTruck Mueller can bring down both parties and it would be fine by me, but I've got this quaint idea of America as a free country that refuses to accept covert foreign influence on our government. I don't much care which team they play for. Neither should you guys. Instead of straining yourself trying to change the subject, or whistling past the graveyard, you should be lobbying your representatives to completely support the independent investigation no matter what comes of it. Trump could end up just being the stooge. There's ample evidence he's nothing but a used car salesman who knows how to play a mark.
Did I miss something? Did the story mention any of these meetings happening since 2014? You think we are losing our sovereignty because a lobbying group, lobbying on behalf of a Ukrainian non-profit, omitted some meetings from some reports in 2012-2014? I understand what lobbyists do for a living and I'm not sure I understand what sinister plot you are alluding to here. I'm not sure that most of you on the left understand what you even think happened here. Not only that but this story has more to do with the Hillary campaign and the Obama administration than it does with Trump. It happened in 2014 and Manafort was working directly for the lobbying firm that John Podesta cofounded. This looks like a very weak and desperate attempt to connect dots that just aren't there.

That's right. Before Trump was a presidential candidate, the Russians knew that Trump would enter the race, would hire Manafort, and would win the Republican nomination and the general election. Armed with that knowledge, they entered into a nefarious deal with Manafort, whereby Manafort, once he was asked to become campaign manager, was to convince Trump to become a pawn of Putin. Trump, someone whose personality lends itself to being someone else's pawn, readily accepted the offer.

I have no idea how anyone who is not a schizophrenic could believe such a thing.

I :heart; Q
 06/28/2017 11:08 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole
If this was the Clinton administration, would you want a special council to look into these relationships? Of course you would.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

That's rich!

Clinton got away with MURDER, ESPIONAGE, TREASON and COLLUSION....and none of you said PEEP!

NOT ONE WORD!

Her day is coming too!

Count on it!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : More fake news?

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .