Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Because you're sooooo smart....
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/21/2017 04:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/22/2017 08:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"common sense"
is often neither

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 06/22/2017 08:29 AM

JTsurfer

Joined Forum: 08/24/2010

Common sense and situational awareness will always Trump an intellectual airhead that can only surf well.

06/22/2017 08:54 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I don't think intelligence explains this conflict. These trumpists are well aware of the differing standards they use to judge this president against the last president and have no problem with it. Cheatio says it's a deflection to point out his hypocrisy. Fishy seems to concede that all politicians are liars but his is a winner and he's winning. I suspect both wouldn't buy anything from an individual that lied to their face but but both seemed to excuse the lies from this president as s form of tribalism. It's some kind of comfort to them that Obama tribal members did the same, but it is lost on them that they are now engaging in the same sin they condemned when it was someone else's tribe.

I don't know if their assumption is that a different tribe cannot judge them because they are just as guilty or that no one can make moral judgments against anyone because everyone is sinning. Either way, they believe trump is strong. Not right or wrong. Strong. Kelly Anne, the face of this moral relativism, perfectly epitomized this point of moral ambiguity as alternative facts. Add to that a heaping portion of WhatAboutisms, and you don't have an argument or discussion, it's just a conflict that ends with power. It's not right or wrong, it's whose strong. This is why trump always reminds everyone that he won when the question is about something that is entirely unrelated, like why can't you release your tax returns so that your potential conflicts of interest can be identified. That answer works for cheatio and fishy.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/23/2017 05:21 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: scombrid

Can you elaborate on which policies of the administration and GOP Congress are really for the good of the electorate?

Feel free to expound on specifics about how said policies will be for "the good of the electorate".

06/23/2017 09:32 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Trumpcare cuts taxes for the wealthy and limits coverage for the poor and those whose struggle with everyday life.

I too am interested to see how giving to the top 1% and taking away from the bottom 30 helps the electorate.

I was right.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Because you're sooooo smart....

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .