Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: bad omen for Ossoff.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/20/2017 01:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/21/2017 06:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

it would have been better to win

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 06/21/2017 07:02 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Sniper as evidenced by the 86% of Ossoff's contributions came from outside the state of Georgia, compared to 44% of Handel's contributions.

How about the superPAC.

Handel probably didn't need to spend a dime with all the corporate money buying ads on her behalf.

The whole excercise was pointless really. He did about the same yesterday as in the run off.

The Democrats spent more and what do they have to show for it?

Democrat party spent more but Democrats in general didn't necessarily spend more with all the "dark money".

The Democratic party is late to the game spending out of state money on local races, probably too late. ALEC and company started working that strategy decades ago.

06/21/2017 07:03 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Also not noting outside sources: Outside groups spent more than $27 million in GA06, with pro-Handel forces spending about 2.5 times as much as pro-Ossoff organizations. handel had a lot more help and money.
 06/21/2017 07:11 AM

WG

but still, this small margin and the even smaller one in SC are consistent with the pattern showing enough of a generic shift toward Democratic candidates to make 2018 interesting.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 06/21/2017 07:14 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Here's the take away from this election. The dems thought that they had this one because, 1) Trump only won there by 1%, 2) demographics were changing quickly in favor of dems, 3) money, 4) dems were fired up as the result of Trump and, 5) Republicans were demoralized because of Trump and wouldn't vote.

And they likely would have been right, but for one thing. The over the top anti-Trump stuff is firing up Republicans and getting them out. Instead of being complacent because we control gov't, the dems are pissing us off. Hence we continue to go to the polls in order to slap them down again. Hard to figure what the dems are thinking.

I :heart; Q
 06/21/2017 07:21 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: tpapablo Here's the take away from this election. The dems thought that they had this one because, 1) Trump only won there by 1%, 2) demographics were changing quickly in favor of dems, 3) money, 4) dems were fired up as the result of Trump and, 5) Republicans were demoralized because of Trump and wouldn't vote.

And they likely would have been right, but for one thing. The over the top anti-Trump stuff is firing up Republicans and getting them out. Instead of being complacent because we control gov't, the dems are pissing us off. Hence we continue to go to the polls in order to slap them down again. Hard to figure what the dems are thinking.

No, the takeway is: The GOP had to pay big and fight dirty to win a seat they had no problem winning in the past with very little effort. GOP shit their pants basically.
 06/21/2017 07:30 AM

WG

"The over the top anti-Trump stuff is firing up Republicans and getting them out. "

I agree, the Republicans, even the reluctant Trump voters are clinging tighter to their fantasy, but how are they gonna deal when it all comes out in public hearings and indictments and resignations and impeachments?

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 06/21/2017 07:31 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

Originally posted by: WG it would have been better to win

Not convinced of the truth of that at all. Too easy, too soon might prevent digging in for the long haul.

06/21/2017 07:35 AM

WG

Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird

Originally posted by: WG it would have been better to win

Not convinced of the truth of that at all. Too easy, too soon might prevent digging in for the long haul.

yea, been thinking that way some also.
Dem leadership got to learn that their shtick ain't playing so well either.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 06/21/2017 07:36 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: HAPDigital
Originally posted by: tpapablo Here's the take away from this election. The dems thought that they had this one because, 1) Trump only won there by 1%, 2) demographics were changing quickly in favor of dems, 3) money, 4) dems were fired up as the result of Trump and, 5) Republicans were demoralized because of Trump and wouldn't vote.

No, the takeway is: The GOP had to pay big and fight dirty to win a seat they had no problem winning in the past with very little effort. GOP shit their pants basically.

So winning each one of the 5 special elections that were held since the Trump election was an unmitigated disaster for us? You are very insightful, HAP. Not many people have the keen discernment that you possess, probably no one else in the entire world for that matter. Anyway, congratulations on your huge victory last night.

06/21/2017 07:37 AM

Zeus

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered
The race for Georgia's 6th District was already the most expensive election of its kind. Now the contest to represent a suburban Atlanta district has shattered another barrier, topping $50 million in overall spending.
$50M for a bumfuk district in GA (nothing against GA) is absolutely ridiculous and how much of that was from out of the district? The corruption on either side is never going to stop until THIS BS gets changed, imho.

Just think how many hungry children could have been fed with that money, or how many new schools could have been built.  It could also have been used to tear down every remaining confederate monument so libs wouldn't have to be reminded of the Democrat's war to preserve slavery.  Maybe it could even have been used to bail out Illinois or better yet destablize another part of the world.

Democrats waste and squander your money, and have all the wrong priorities.  This is fresh and undeniable proof of that.  If it was was a referendum on Trump, as they claimed it was, it's proof they failed there too.

As for 2018, better come up with something other throwing money at the mid terms.  One of Einstein's theories states: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting differnt results."  Perhaps libs want to take that theory to a proof.

06/21/2017 07:43 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Talk about doing the same thing and expecting different results, when the GOP implements trickle down tax cuts for the rich are you expecting different results for the middle and lower class?

Keep voting against your own interests!
 06/21/2017 07:44 AM

SuperTeeBird

Post under your legit name please Pablo.

06/21/2017 07:49 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: theglide Talk about doing the same thing and expecting different results, when the GOP implements trickle down tax cuts for the rich are you expecting different results for the middle and lower class? Keep voting against your own interests!

I do expect the same results. It worked great under Reagan. I was squarely in the poor group at that time. Best economy in my lifetime.

06/21/2017 07:50 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird Post under your legit name please Pablo.

Why?

06/21/2017 07:51 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: tpapablo

So winning each one of the 5 special elections that were held since the Trump election was an unmitigated disaster for us? You are very insightful, HAP. Not many people have the keen discernment that you possess, probably no one else in the entire world for that matter. Anyway, congratulations on your huge victory last night.

Handel/GOP nasty campaign was far from "winning." It was an exercise in filth and excess.
 06/21/2017 08:16 AM

SuperTeeBird

Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird Post under your legit name please Pablo.

Why?

Instead of Zeus.

06/21/2017 08:28 AM

tpapablo

I'm not zeus. But I am thinking of adding a new identity for another nefarious purpose. We will see if I get around to it.

06/21/2017 08:37 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: tpapablo I'm not zeus. But I am thinking of adding a new identity for another nefarious purpose. We will see if I get around to it.

"Troll Life" Thinks he's gangster but just a miserable troll. Must be the joke at his "firm."
 06/21/2017 08:52 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I'm not zeus. But I am thinking of adding a new identity for another nefarious purpose. We will see if I get around to it.

"Troll Life" Thinks he's gangster but just a miserable troll. Must be the joke at his "firm."

It's a shame really because the guy can be quite clever. Trolling is like a drug for him though. He just can't stop himself.

It's worse lately I think because Nuke keeps tweaking his nose, and Nuke's stream of consciousness style doesn't comport itself to the "fake facts, I'm right, you're wrong" schtick.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : bad omen for Ossoff.

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .