Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: bad omen for Ossoff.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/20/2017 01:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/20/2017 01:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

These twits are involved again.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/06/20/not-with-her-hollywood-feminists-bash-karen-handel-back-her-male-opponent/

BTW, is that guy Russian?

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 06/20/2017 02:18 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I know I read a lot of NPR, but you read a lot of Reichbart.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/20/2017 02:38 PM

Greensleeves

Tspank has garlic in his soul so $hitbart is a good fit. 

Don't ever apologize for listening to NPR.  It's educational and it is fair.

06/20/2017 02:47 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Tspank has garlic in his soul so $hitbart is a good fit. 

Don't ever apologize for listening to NPR.  It's educational and it is fair.

Nothing is fair. Read many sources and then use your brain. A modicum of common sense will tell most of what you need to know. The Trump Russian collusion story is an example. Obviously, that didn't happen, which is why I was immediately ready to bet people. Still am if you still believe.

I :heart; Q
 06/20/2017 06:20 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

No omen needed.

He got 49% in April. He'll get 49% at most tonight. Nobody is going to flip.

06/20/2017 07:39 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Proggy ossof got bitch slapped, progs wrong again
 06/20/2017 09:05 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Except that a longtime Repub "shoe in"

Has now become a battleground.

Sooo.. I know it will take you some time to get your noggin around it, but I'll help you out.

Psssst... its not a good sign for you..

When America was "great"
 06/21/2017 04:08 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo

Proggy ossof got bitch slapped, progs wrong again

You guys barely won a solid red district where you should have won by 20. But hey, pop some bubbly.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/21/2017 04:50 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

The race for Georgia's 6th District was already the most expensive election of its kind. Now the contest to represent a suburban Atlanta district has shattered another barrier, topping $50 million in overall spending.

$50M for a bumfuk district in GA (nothing against GA) is absolutely ridiculous and how much of that was from out of the district?

The corruption on either side is never going to stop until THIS BS gets changed, imho.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 06/21/2017 04:55 AM

Cole

A 30 year old Democrat almost took a solidly Red district?

I bet that makes you guys really comfortable! lol

Elections have to switch back to public funding, worksux is right, this was ridiculous.

I was right.
 06/21/2017 05:46 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

The only reason we have even heard about this stupid race is because the Democrats made it out to be THE MAIN EVENT, thinking they might just eek out a win. This is blatant sign of desperation. They are desperate to show their supporters a win anywhere. They are getting to the point where they are willing to put it all on black, make risky gambling moves, throw hail Mary's, you name it. I'm sure that each of the 5 times they have tried to make one of these fairly insignificant races a referendum on Trump since Trump was elected their leadership thought that surely they would have to be able to show at least 1 win somewhere within the first couple races and they would try to use that by shouting from the mountain tops that it was a referendum on Trump. Whether they are saying it or not, the Democrat's leadership is not taking this lightly. They again have confirmation that what they are trying isn't working.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 06/21/2017 05:52 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

It's good that the GOP is winning the races.

When they cut the Medicare/SNAP/WIC programs to the bone, Trumpettes will realize they shot themselves in the foot.

06/21/2017 05:53 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

The funny part: GOP had to spend 25 million to retain a seat they've had for 40 years. Times they are a changin'....
 06/21/2017 06:00 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Sniper, it became a "main event" because a historically solid red seat went to a runoff and ended up in a dead heat.

The net is that trump took away a 20 point advantage you guys had in that district. You guys got to keep a seat you should have completely owned.

Congratulations. See you in 2018.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/21/2017 06:15 AM

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

50 mil for that?

Just so you could say you should have won bigger
 06/21/2017 06:18 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

It became The Main Event because the Democrats made it out to be just that. They wanted it to be a referendum on Trump so bad that they turned this into the most expensive House election in U.S. history. The Democrats threw every bit of funding that they could muster behind this guy. Democrats outside of Georgia also obviously saw this as an extremely important battle for the moral and the future of the Democrat party, as evidenced by the 86% of Ossoff's contributions came from outside the state of Georgia, compared to 44% of Handel's contributions. Had the Democrats not made this out to be their Battle of Saratoga, then we wouldn't be talking about it today.

HAP, with the amount of money that the Democrats squandered on this race, all to end up with a loss, I'm seriously surprised you would even bring up that aspect of this campaign. At least the Republicans got something for their investment. The Democrats spent more and what do they have to show for it?

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 06/21/2017 06:26 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

I watched Ossoff's concession speech. Sounds like a major mimic of Obama's speaking style. It was a little bit weird.
 06/21/2017 06:30 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

I never put any stock in this result. It's too soon.

By this time next year Americans will be deciding on the Trump style. Americans are tolerant and slow to judge.

06/21/2017 06:38 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: Sniper It became The Main Event because the Democrats made it out to be just that. They wanted it to be a referendum on Trump so bad that they turned this into the most expensive House election in U.S. history. The Democrats threw every bit of funding that they could muster behind this guy. Democrats outside of Georgia also obviously saw this as an extremely important battle for the moral and the future of the Democrat party, as evidenced by the 86% of Ossoff's contributions came from outside the state of Georgia, compared to 44% of Handel's contributions. Had the Democrats not made this out to be their Battle of Saratoga, then we wouldn't be talking about it today. HAP, with the amount of money that the Democrats squandered on this race, all to end up with a loss, I'm seriously surprised you would even bring up that aspect of this campaign. At least the Republicans got something for their investment. The Democrats spent more and what do they have to show for it?
The democrats, not me, have shown that they can take a seat in areas that were never meant to be taken by democrats. It scared the GOP. It made them have to work for that seat. Call it a waste of money but to spend all that money for something you've had or 40 years easily seems like a loss to me. I never expected the democrats win that seat. It was fun watching the GOP panic. Anyway, I go by what Washington said in his farewell speech, party over country is a dangerous road. Nobody wins.
 06/21/2017 06:41 AM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: Sniper It became The Main Event because the Democrats made it out to be just that. They wanted it to be a referendum on Trump so bad that they turned this into the most expensive House election in U.S. history. The Democrats threw every bit of funding that they could muster behind this guy. Democrats outside of Georgia also obviously saw this as an extremely important battle for the moral and the future of the Democrat party, as evidenced by the 86% of Ossoff's contributions came from outside the state of Georgia, compared to 44% of Handel's contributions. Had the Democrats not made this out to be their Battle of Saratoga, then we wouldn't be talking about it today. HAP, with the amount of money that the Democrats squandered on this race, all to end up with a loss, I'm seriously surprised you would even bring up that aspect of this campaign. At least the Republicans got something for their investment. The Democrats spent more and what do they have to show for it?
You call resorting to an ad like this winning? Most terrible thing I've seen on TV in my life. GOP, no morals and no shame.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : bad omen for Ossoff.

1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .