Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Got This Surfrider Email Today
Topic Summary: It's titled "Cutting Off Their Nose to Spite Their Face"
Created On: 06/20/2017 12:47 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/20/2017 12:47 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Scott Pruitt, current head of the EPA, recently defended his massive cuts to the very agency he is running to a House Appropriations subcommittee. Essentially, Pruitt supports taking a chainsaw to the EPA by calling for a "trimmed" budget that would cut more than 31 percent, or $2.4 billion annually - a larger percentage than at any other federal agency.

These cuts would eliminate over 50 environmental programs and reduce the EPA's staff by 20%. This directly affects many of the programs and safeguards we all rely on to keep our beaches clean and healthy! In fact, funding for beach monitoring would be eliminated, along with storm water control programs and regional programs aimed at restoring habitat and clean water in and along our coasts.

With all this talk about our economy, why would the Administration want to turn its back on our ocean, waves and beaches? Especially when ocean tourism and recreation is worth an estimated $100 billion annually nationwide!

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

With this frustrating and frightening news, we know we have a ton of work to do. We must continue to fight to maintain important environmental laws and health safeguards that protect the air we breathe, the water we drink and our coasts. Now more than ever, our chapter network of coastal defenders needs the funds necessary to fight for our beloved coasts and communities.

But with you backing us, we can rally and fight to protect what we all love. Click here to donate today!

For Clean Water + Healthy Beaches,

The Surfrider Foundation

Edited: 06/20/2017 at 12:56 PM by theglide
 06/20/2017 01:48 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

More prog scare tactics. We will all die if you don't donate money to us.

BS. We will be as good environmentally if these cuts are made, as if they weren't. This money is spent on bureacrats who do not much of anything positive. I guarantee everyone that we won't be surfing in sewage in 8 years because of anything happening at the EPA.

That said, I encourage all you progs should donate all your disposable savings to Surfrider to prevent the death of us all.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 06/20/2017 01:51 PM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo

BS. We will be as good environmentally if these cuts are made, as if they weren't. This money is spent on bureacrats who do not much of anything positive. I guarantee everyone that we won't be surfing in sewage in 8 years because of anything happening at the EPA.

That said, I encourage all you progs should donate all your disposable savings to Surfrider to prevent the death of us all.

If it was your job and livelihood on the line you'd feel different.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

06/20/2017 02:10 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: daner

Originally posted by: tpapablo

It is easy to spot the sewage spewing POS in this thread.

Damn I wish people would stop quoting this Ttroll asshole, then I would not be accidentally subjected to his moronic trolling bullshit. What a true fucking oxygen thief.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 06/20/2017 02:53 PM

tpapablo

Ah larry. You shouldn't say such things.

06/20/2017 03:04 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: tpapablo More prog scare tactics. We will all die if you don't donate money to us.

Those SOB's have cost so many people their jobs that it isn't funny. Fire them all.

06/21/2017 02:09 PM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Yeah, the EPA hasn't done anything good for our air or water...

Where is all that acid rain we used to hear about? (stupid regulations...)

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 06/21/2017 05:48 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

We live in a Republican state. We have shit water flowing out both sides and it's so bad, businesses have suffered. Trump already increased the allowable level of poisons into our rivers and where do the rivers end up? In the ocean.

The environment won't be fine, that is a lie. It we leave it to Trump and company, there is a good chance we end up like China.

I was right.
 06/21/2017 05:52 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

The word on the street is some Adirondack mountain lakes which were devoid of fish due to acid rain actually have fish regenerating.

Hopefully Scott Pruitt will put an end to this.

"The courage and the vision to bring back coal, big league!"
 06/22/2017 03:37 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: LBLarry
Originally posted by: tpapablo More prog scare tactics. We will all die if you don't donate money to us.

It is easy to spot the sewage spewing POS in this thread. Damn I wish people would stop quoting this Ttroll asshole, then I would not be accidentally subjected to his moronic trolling bullshit. What a true fucking oxygen thief.

lolz, you just quoted him.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .