Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: why is the NRA silent?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/19/2017 12:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/19/2017 12:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"On its face, the Castile case would seem to have all the trappings of a cause célèbre for the NRA. The group's most fiercely held belief is supposed to be that law-abiding citizens shouldn't be burdened - let alone killed in cold blood - by repressive agents of the government just because they want to protect themselves and exercise their Second Amendment rights. Castile should be a martyr for the NRA while Yanez - who reached for the holster of his service weapon as soon as Castile mentioned he was armed - should be its boogeyman.

Philando Castile received his permit to carry a firearm from the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office on June 4, 2015. A year later, Castile had a gun in his pocket when a Minnesota police officer named Jeronimo Yanez pulled him over and shot him dead. According to dashcam footage, Yanez decided to open fire after Castile told him, truthfully and calmly, that he had a gun on him."

The NRA has chosen to stay on the sidelines of a case that should, by all rights, be the perfect example of everything their movement exists to oppose. "

Slate

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 06/19/2017 12:31 PM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Because he is black
 06/19/2017 12:36 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I don't think we need progs telling us what we need to say or be doing. We're doing just fine doing things our way. Progs can't say the same.

I :heart; Q
 06/19/2017 12:49 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

You are right trumpablo, if the roles were switched, you and yours would be protesting in lockstep.

I was right.
 06/19/2017 01:24 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Where is the outrage of the motor city madman? What does Sarah Palin think?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/19/2017 01:25 PM

WG

Originally posted by: tpapablo

I don't think we need progs telling us what we need to say or be doing. We're doing just fine doing things our way. Progs can't say the same.

Way to put on a brave face, as your leader decimates your party's future.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 06/19/2017 02:49 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: WG
Originally posted by: tpapablo I don't think we need progs telling us what we need to say or be doing. We're doing just fine doing things our way. Progs can't say the same.

Way to put on a brave face, as your leader decimates your party's future.

I will give you that you guys have a lot of experience with a leader devastating your party's future. But, given progs' proclivity for being wrong, I shall wait and see what happens before I throw in the towel.

06/19/2017 03:49 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Here here
 06/19/2017 03:54 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Our local trumpies are not the NRA and they are not qualified to speak for them.

There are plenty of us in the NRA who are calling upon them to condemn the killing of Castile.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/20/2017 06:46 AM

WG

Originally posted by: miker

Because he is black

Have they spoken up for any white people this happened to?
If so, then maybe.

I think it's more the "stay on the cops side" thing?

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 06/20/2017 07:04 AM

miker

Because he is black

Have they spoken up for any white people this happened to?

If so, then maybe.

Stay on the side of the law and the courts ...sure.

However, this guy was murdered by a pussy in a uniform that was afraid of someone because of the color of their skin. No other reason. Period.

He complied with the officer and told the officer up front that he was licensed and carrying.
 06/20/2017 07:07 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Our local trumpies are not the NRA and they are not qualified to speak for them.
There are plenty of us in the NRA who are calling upon them to condemn the killing of Castile.

What...all 3 of you?

Seriously...do you REALLY think there are many democrap statist progs in the NRA?!?!

REALLY????

Bwahahahahahahahahahah!

That's rich!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 06/20/2017 07:11 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

He's probably right.

Surely there must be some organization that is now what the NRA was before it got taken over by irrational chumps.

06/20/2017 07:15 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: miker Because he is black
Have they spoken up for any white people this happened to? If so, then maybe. I think it's more the "stay on the cops side" thing?
Stay on the side of the law and the courts ...sure. However, this guy was murdered by a pussy in a uniform that was afraid of someone because of the color of their skin. No other reason. Period. He complied with the officer and told the officer up front that he was licensed and carrying.

Well, two black folks on the jury found otherwise. A tip to the wise, adopting the prog view of the world will generally make you look foolish.

06/20/2017 07:43 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

The American Rifleman mag comes out monthly. It is half editorial. Half gun reviews.
No silence there.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 06/20/2017 07:47 AM

WG

So the rank and file are bothered by this, but not the leadership?

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 06/20/2017 08:12 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

So the rank and file are bothered by this, but not the leadership?

It's complicated. Many rank and file are bothered, leadership is hedging their bets.

There's a kind of schizophrenia in the NRA. On one hand, many members are police/military and the NRA is pro-LEO, yet one of their primary purposes is to promote the idea that American citizens should be prepared for armed resistance against those forces if they become "tyrannical".

There is certainly a race component, but even beyond that it's uncomfortable for the NRA establishment to risk an appearance of being against the police.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/20/2017 08:22 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

There's a kind of schizophrenia in the NRA. On one hand, many members are police/military and the NRA is pro-LEO, yet one of their primary purposes is to promote the idea that American citizens should be prepared for armed resistance against those forces if they become "tyrannical".

They promote the "idea that American citizens should be prepared for armed resistance against those forces if they become "tyrannical"."

to help sell add space and product to keep the industry afloat, all the while being able to control and influence that crowd (THE FISH KILLER CROWD) aka the dummies!

I wish they would do a better job at helping work with legislation to promote safe and fair gun laws( and work with the many members who are police/military and the NRA is pro-LEO aka the sane crowd), but I get they have to sell ad space and their supporters product and the FK crowd is an easy sell with a little fear and propaganda!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 06/20/2017 08:22 AM

miker

Originally posted by: tpapablo
Originally posted by: miker Because he is black
Have they spoken up for any white people this happened to? If so, then maybe. I think it's more the "stay on the cops side" thing?
Stay on the side of the law and the courts ...sure. However, this guy was murdered by a pussy in a uniform that was afraid of someone because of the color of their skin. No other reason. Period. He complied with the officer and told the officer up front that he was licensed and carrying.

Well, two black folks on the jury found otherwise. A tip to the wise, adopting the prog view of the world will generally make you look foolish.

Only world view I have is my own. I call it like I see it.

06/20/2017 09:41 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

The jury saw all the evidence and made a decision based on everything available to them.

The dashcam showed things happening fairly fast, but there was no camera showing what happened inside the car.

An article I read cited officer testimony he thought Castile was reaching for the gun in his pocket.

I don't know if that's truly the case or just an excuse. He might have been reaching for his wallet to show ID and/or the CC permit.

I any case, even as a clean-cut, middle-aged white guy, I don't take either hand off the steering wheel until I'm sure the cop is comfortable.

Although it's an absolute shame a life was wasted, juries have a high standard for making the decisions that could waste another one.

With the jury having seen and heard more details than any of us have (and similar in the Oklahoma, Charlotte, and Ferguson), I think the armchair quarterbacking here is second-string for a reason.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : why is the NRA silent?

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .