Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: U.S. successfully test ICBM interceptor.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/31/2017 11:15 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/01/2017 05:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Tee's right.  The launch signature is not the same as the reentry signature.  We haven't seen any real data on NK reentry vehicles. 

Also, as an example of biasing the test -  for the early thaad flights prior to launching the target vehicle  the reentry vehicle was pre-heated to assist with the interceptor kill vehicle acquisition.  That missile has matured and that isn't necessary any longer, but when testing there is always more control by definition.  >>> In a war-time event Murphy is always present. 

-------------------------
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 06/01/2017 07:04 PM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo
Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird Betcha it ain't a done deal.

Easier to hit your own test missile.

We know the signatures of NK missiles, lotsa data good signatures who you foolin?

Bamboo is literally a rocket scientist. I know this for a fact.

06/01/2017 07:06 PM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Lot of rocket scientists around these parts. I am just a lowly software engineer myself
 06/01/2017 07:09 PM

SuperTeeBird

Web programmer.

Though also degreed mechanical engineer.

06/01/2017 07:57 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The test was on our icbm, launched from a known location. Hitting a bullet with a bullet, yes, but the base in Alaska has about 36 interceptors and they would launch multiples to account for debris and decoys. It's still a great development but it's still very much being devoloped. The volume of interceptors seems acceptable for North Korea right now but nowhere near sufficient for pooty tangs Russian stockpile.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/02/2017 05:44 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Originally posted by: RustyTruck Imagine what we could do if we dedicated 40 years and the equivalent amount of money spent on Star Wars to curing cancer, heart disease, diabetes, HIV, and proving healthcare to all citizens.

Well, when you have "government" that is nothing more than the enforcement of Big Corproate America, what do you expect? The military complex owns the government, so does big pharma. Whats the result? Money spent on Star Wars and providing band aides instead of cures. Any y'all think Government regulated healthcare is a good idea.......government regulated anything for that matter.....

06/02/2017 06:12 AM

SuperTeeBird

Odd admixture of insight and confusion.

06/02/2017 01:00 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: Bamboo

Tee's right.  The launch signature is not the same as the reentry signature.  We haven't seen any real data on NK reentry vehicles. 

Also, as an example of biasing the test -  for the early thaad flights prior to launching the target vehicle  the reentry vehicle was pre-heated to assist with the interceptor kill vehicle acquisition.  That missile has matured and that isn't necessary any longer, but when testing there is always more control by definition.  >>> In a war-time event Murphy is always present. 

So you 're saying we only tracked the launch, not reentry? Uh huh
 06/02/2017 01:23 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

I'm hoping we hit them before they get too far into the reentry phase and start giving birth to MIRV babies; hopefully also in time to know if we missed and need to get off a second shot.

(I've worked on inertial nav systems for aircraft and targeting/guidance systems for anti-aircraft missiles, but it's been a long time, and I haven't slept at a Holiday Inn express since then. Nothing close to orbital altitudes.)
 06/02/2017 01:26 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

So you 're saying we only tracked the launch, not reentry? Uh huh

We may have known the exact launch location, but don't know much about the intended target. Therefore, we can't estimate much about its cone of error. They may also have been simply demonstrating range, with a simple elliptical downward trajectory, and not any evasive maneuverability on the way down (which I would speculate NK can't do at this point.)

To my other point, I'm still very surprised we'd announce this in advance if it truly were a first test. On the other hand, I'm not sure anyone besides the Ruskies have any capability to determine whether we told the truth about the success or not. So we could just say it works and hope that at least dissuades KJU from wasting more money.
 06/02/2017 02:20 PM

SuperTeeBird

When fishing guides second guess aeronautical engineers?

They haven't demonstrated their reentry huck and jive on these launches because everyone's is classified. See RJ above; he's also an engineer.

This is the entire problem with the crew that elected Trump. Know what you know and also know what the fuck you don't know.

06/02/2017 05:48 PM

cheaterfiveo

Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird

When fishing guides second guess aeronautical engineers?

They haven't demonstrated their reentry huck and jive on these launches because everyone's is classified. See RJ above; he's also an engineer.

This is the entire problem with the crew that elected Trump. Know what you know and also know what the fuck you don't know.

So you are the only smart one here? Thats laughable,go back to your manual page 2 paragraph 3 subset c to look for your programmed response. Same could be said about you smug progs who are whores to the degree, get out a bit,breathe some fresh air and possibly your brain might accept the fact you aint the only guy who can cipher
 06/02/2017 06:31 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

What are your credentials?

Sounds like these boys know their business.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/02/2017 06:36 PM

SuperTeeBird

Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird When fishing guides second guess aeronautical engineers?

So you are the only smart one here? Thats laughable,go back to your manual page 2 paragraph 3 subset c to look for your programmed response. Same could be said about you smug progs who are whores to the degree, get out a bit,breathe some fresh air and possibly your brain might accept the fact you aint the only guy who can cipher

I knew it. Another idiot who thinks you can't learn anything from books.

Who do you think designed your car, bumrush? Your boat motor? Your GPS? Engineers like me. Not your pal Bubba and his sandblaster and welder.

Unless you like to wear skins and hunt with a bow, we own you, mofo. When I tell you how to fish you can call me out, but I ain't gonna do that see. Why? Because I know what I know and what I don't know.

Again, shit like this explains Trump.

06/02/2017 07:24 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Guys, seriously we don't have anything to worry about- if any NK missile start coming in, FK will take them down with his scope, no problem.

If that doesn't work, Commiefive0 will just do a real big cast and snag it.. he can figure out how to do it cuz he's got dem smarts..

When America was "great"
 06/02/2017 07:46 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

This really is a non issue. 

Trump says he is an expert in this field, also.

"Asked about how hard it would be to become an expert on nuclear technology, Trump said it would be "easy."

''It would take an hour and a half to learn everything there is to learn about missiles,'' Trump said. ''I think I know most of it anyway. You're talking about just getting updated on a situation.''

...and he didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 06/03/2017 at 05:21 AM by Bamboo
 06/03/2017 03:27 PM

cheaterfiveo

Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird

Originally posted by: SuperTeeBird When fishing guides second guess aeronautical engineers?

I knew it. Another idiot who thinks you can't learn anything from books.

Who do you think designed your car, bumrush? Your boat motor? Your GPS? Engineers like me. Not your pal Bubba and his sandblaster and welder.

Unless you like to wear skins and hunt with a bow, we own you, mofo. When I tell you how to fish you can call me out, but I ain't gonna do that see. Why? Because I know what I know and what I don't know.

Again, shit like this explains Trump.

As I said your ignorance is supported by your arrogance,anyone with math skills can figure trajectories
Pat all yourselves on the collective backs, its rocket science right?
 06/03/2017 06:08 PM

SuperTeeBird

Actually it's quite a bit of work to figger trajectories if you take everything into account.

Rocket thrust, decreasing fuel mass, varying gravity, earth's rotation, air resistance. It's not the same as physics I ballistics. You must use numerical methods.

06/03/2017 06:49 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Come on man, its just rocket science.. its not like its swamp fishing or anything LOL

When America was "great"
 06/03/2017 08:08 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

So so many variables, and then decoys, subterfuge and debris. And that's just a fishing guide. Badump bump. I'll be here all week.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : U.S. successfully test ICBM interceptor.

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .