Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The west is pushing back against the Russian fake news
Topic Summary: but America is AWOL
Created On: 05/25/2017 08:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/25/2017 08:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Hint that might make you cons read it:
He blames Obama.

Observer

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 05/25/2017 10:17 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

2017-05-16-570091a0_large.jpg

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 05/25/2017 10:31 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

They are all over social media and have been quite adept at pushing ridiculous conspiracy theory crap to the top of search results. The ones on social media pretend to be regular Joes but they have a very specific posting style and if you follow several of them you will see them move as a group when some new topic comes up. One guy on a debunking forum is supposedly from western Australia. Another is supposedly from Indonesia. Yet they are intensely interested in American politics. What is really noteworthy is that they often use identical phrases, almost like catch phrases. They are all pro-Russian seperatist in Ukraine and really reveal themselves on discussions of things like the MH17 shoot-down. They are all lockstep on Syria. For some reason they will periodically beat the anti-vaccine and anti-GMO drum and when one of them starts posting on that topic you can be sure that the others will soon be posting on that topic. It smells like Heartland Institute feeding Hannity/Limbaugh et al; it is like they are getting a daily feed of topics to push.

Then you know those 'alternative' sites to which certain people here like to link that are always loaded with spyware/malware? Certain people probably can't do a websearch without the bot in the background directing their browser entirely to specific results.

I've said it before, these propaganda clowns were in with the twoofers and other left-wing anti-government crap but they have latched onto the Alex Jones/Beck/Hannity crowd more recently. They are just opportunistically pushing whichever movement they can in a country to throw monkey wrenches into the works. Their fingerprints are all over Brexit, support of the National Front in France, and now trying to fuck with Germany.

05/25/2017 10:33 AM

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

meanwhile you probably aren't aware of shareblue and David Brock's other minions

the fact that all msm political narratives operate in sync doesn't bother you either
 05/25/2017 10:36 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Yeah, this Russia stuff is all liberal BS.

The FBI,CIA, House and Senate Intelligence committees are shills for the Democrats.

Nothing to see here, comrade.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 05/25/2017 10:36 AM

johnny

his name was seth rich
 05/25/2017 10:44 AM

WG

http://shareblue.com/
Looks like a good site. Straight forward honest progressive advocacy.

David Brock was once a right wing hit man, " "a mad dog, an emotional monster," "a whore for the cash," "a Jew in Hitler's army," and "a witting cog in the Republican sleaze machine," in his own words, but after he grew a conscience he founded Media Matters which does a good job "comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media."

No fake news facebook shit from Putins hackerboy army there either.

So what about them is relevant to this discussion?

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 05/25/2017 10:46 AM

johnny

it is the lefts version of what you are complaining about
 05/25/2017 10:49 AM

scombrid

No it isn't. It says up front that it is an advocacy site.

That is not the same thing as the made-up stories about murdered fictional fbi agents in fictional towns in Maryland getting shared all over facebook. It is not the same thing as foreign agents under assumed names participating in online forums and comment sections after articles pushing an agenda that serves the interest of their government while pretending to be regular concerned citizens.

05/25/2017 10:51 AM

WG

Originally posted by: johnny

it is the lefts version of what you are complaining about

Please, you can do better than that. Can't you?

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 05/25/2017 11:02 AM

johnny

it's not what's on their site

it's how they astroturf and shill on reddit, twitter, facebook, /pol/

they were formerly known as correct the record

you say there are russian bots like you have no bots
 05/25/2017 11:05 AM

johnny

Originally posted by: scombrid

It is not the same thing as foreign agents under assumed names participating in online forums and comment sections after articles pushing an agenda that serves the interest of their government while pretending to be regular concerned citizens.

shareblue definitely does this
 05/25/2017 11:28 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: johnny it's not what's on their site it's how they astroturf and shill on reddit, twitter, facebook, /pol/ they were formerly known as correct the record you say there are russian bots like you have no bots

"you"?

I don't have bots. I've thought about it though, making a shell personality for personal profit that is.

I've actually thought about grifting the conspiritards. They are easy marks. My sense of ethics keeps blocking that plan. But having seen Alex Jones/Benny Hinn and the like I see that you can make a lot of money scamming the salt of the earth. I would target the chemtrailers first.

Every interest group has shills. In the old days it was Heartland feeding material to their media front men on AM radio then FOX commentators. Hannity and Limbaugh didn't generate that content. It was just fed to them off the ticker. Now you've got operatives for the parties all over facebook generating the memes that your liberal uncle and OBX love to share.

Now the Russians and other foreign operatives are all over social media pretending to be representing our people and our political parties and political advocacy groups.

05/25/2017 11:31 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: johnny
Originally posted by: scombrid It is not the same thing as foreign agents under assumed names participating in online forums and comment sections after articles pushing an agenda that serves the interest of their government while pretending to be regular concerned citizens.

shareblue definitely does this

Most comments after news articles are shills. NPR comments are flat burried by Republican operatives as are most other mainstream news outlets. Then there are leftwing shill counteroperatives.

05/25/2017 11:34 AM

scombrid

I just typed "shareblue shill" into a search engine and hits from godlikeproductions and lunaticoutpost were prominent on the first two pages of results. Is that the company that you keep?

05/25/2017 11:58 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: scombrid

I just typed "shareblue shill" into a search engine and hits from godlikeproductions and lunaticoutpost were prominent on the first two pages of results. Is that the company that you keep?

10 points scombridae!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 05/25/2017 12:36 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Without reading any of the above, let me point out that we have been getting fake news from our enemies since the founding of the country. Progs have been falling for it since then, which gives our enemies reason to continue. I remember back in the day when progs were going nuts over Mao swimming the Yangzee at the age of 70 something. Mao was the man for progs back at that time. Progs are always on the wrong side of history.

Image result for mao swimming the yangtze

I :heart; Q
 05/25/2017 01:43 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Are you trying to say Mao didn't swim? Between that and jellybeans without sugar, well my world is collasping.

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .