Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Yad Vashem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/24/2017 06:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/24/2017 06:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Visiting the Israeli Holocaust memorial museum on the edge of Jerusalem in 2008,
President Barack Obama wrote in the guestbook:

"I am grateful to Yad Vashem and all of those responsible for this remarkable institution. At a time of great peril and promise, war and strife, we are blessed to have such a powerful reminder of man's potential for great evil, but also our capacity to rise up from tragedy and remake our world. Let our children come here, and know this history, so that they can add their voices to proclaim "never again." And may we remember those who perished, not only as victims but also as individuals who hoped and loved and dreamed like us, and who have become symbols of the human spirit. "

President Donald Trump visited this week and wrote:
"It is a great honor to be here with all of my friends - so amazing and will never forget!"

src

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 05/24/2017 06:48 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Not sure what the haters don't get. Donald Trump is not a politician. We know that. That is his appeal. He is not a polished speaker, he doesn't know all the protocols, he doesn't know how Washington works. If you expect the performance level of a politician like Obama you will continue to be disappointed and embarrassed by him. Maybe we should be laughing at all the people who can't get around that?

He was elected to be the bull in the china shop. Get used to broken dishes without any remorse from the bull. Or spend 4 years pretending he is supposed to be something he isn't.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

05/24/2017 06:54 AM

WG

If he was really a change agent, a bull in the china shop, shaking things up, this might be something we could just laugh at.

But all of the policies he is trying to enact are just old Republican orthodoxy, voodoo economics, foxes guarding henhouses, reactionary wet dreams. Most of his campaign promises abandoned. Just another right wing republican out to enrich his friends and screw the rest of us.

But this isn't about politics.
He's continually embarrassing us.
He's not up to the job.
His incompetence is dangerous to America.

He didn't used to be so inarticulate, before whatever happened to him, maybe just ageing, maybe something worse.

This note he wrote is an insult.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,

Edited: 05/24/2017 at 07:16 AM by WG
 05/24/2017 06:55 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Most Americans aren't smart enough to be embarrassed by these sorts of things.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 05/24/2017 07:00 AM

WG

I think they are.
Most.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 05/24/2017 07:02 AM

RustyTruck

40% aren't.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

05/24/2017 07:03 AM

daner

Ever watch a newbie surf? Very easy to laugh at the missed waves, pearls, awkward stance and falls. But most of us respect them for trying their best.

Trump is as or more surprised he is President than we are. But he did run as a government hater in the extreme. He also put on no act. These are the two reasons he was elected. Alot of people who are considered smart, middle class Americans voted for him. Go figure. But maybe the political elite and their supporters should be just as embarrassed about how much of an act politics has become.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

05/24/2017 07:04 AM

WG

"He also put on no act"

I dispute that, it was all an act.

This isn't newbie incompetence, its pathology.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 05/24/2017 07:04 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

40% aren't.

You are a fucking idiot.

Pay attention to what Daner posted.
 05/24/2017 07:36 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

and will never forget!"

This note is an insult.   

I would think that a note from the President of the United States that says 'Will Never Forget' at a holocaust memorial, Is appropriate..

05/24/2017 07:44 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The problem is the fact that he doesn't give a fck. He doesn't bother to prepared and he doesn't care.

Past presidents had respect for the office. They had respect for protocol. They cared.

Trump is king. He simply doesn't care. If you aren't capable of doing the job right, don't try for the job in the first place.

I've never heard so many excuses attempting to explain away his horrible behavior. Will he ever be held responsible for anything or should we look at him as president Homer Simpson?

I was right.
 05/24/2017 07:44 AM

WG

"will never forget!"

If that was all it said, from a person known for modest understatement and simple truths perhaps yes.
But that's not him, that didn't happen.

We expect and deserve more from a President.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 05/24/2017 07:51 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

"Because you guys are stupid and can’t grasp complicated ideas, since you are more interested in Orlando Blooms flirting with a waitress then you are with politics we will use little words and explain what you need to know and how to think…

I find outrageous and something that we need to, with every last ounce of devotion to this country, resist and try to act to prevent further instances of that."

http://www.2ndlight.com/fusetalk/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=177184&enterthread=y

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 05/24/2017 08:07 AM

Cole

Trump gave away information that was so secret that it wasn't even shared with anyone, even most at the highest level.

Does he get a pass for this because he was inexperienced?

Would any other person be given the same leeway?

Clinton? lol

I was right.
 05/24/2017 08:12 AM

daner

Originally posted by: Cole

Trump gave away information that was so secret that it wasn't even shared with anyone, even most at the highest level.

Does he get a pass for this because he was inexperienced?

Would any other person be given the same leeway?

Clinton? lol

Inexperience can be an asset in that you tend to question everything and take nothing for granted. Unfortunately in a position of power it is more often dangerous such as in this instance. But we can't EXPECT him not to make these mistakes. I would never think to elect someone without any political experience for President. But he was elected with our full understanding he is inexperienced and we were warned of the dangers by his peers, the military and anyone with an ounce of respect for the office.

05/24/2017 08:32 AM

RustyTruck

A minority of Americans, albeit an electorally sufficient number given their distribution, voted for chaos. Now chaos reigns.
We may yet learn the cost to our republic in blood and treasure.

May the lesson be learned by those who should have known better.

05/24/2017 08:37 AM

WG

I really don't think they voted for chaos, that they expected him to be this incompetent. I kept hearing, but he's a successful businessman.
That they are now realizing it is reflected in his low approval ratings.

I remember hearing lots about how inexperienced Obama was.
But he was up to it, did us proud.

This guy cannot.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 05/24/2017 08:55 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

His narcissism is bordering on mental illness: I have suffered the worst witch hunt in the history of the world. World.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/24/2017 09:00 AM

daner

There are not many people who run for President that they don't say "they lack experience." In truth no one is experienced at being President until they are. It is a pretty unique job.

However, most candidates come up through the political ranks or in some rare cases military ranks. They have learned to be good communicators, and know how politics work. In Obama's case he was already a very savy politician when he ran and proved to be one of the best statesman we've had in office. Which makes the contrast with Trump all the more cringe worthy. But again, look back to George Bush and the difference between him and Trump is less dramatic.

Trump was not a wolf in a sheep's clothing when he ran for office. We got what he sold.

05/24/2017 10:15 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Every once and a while, you progtards make me laugh with you instead of at you, below is one of those times:

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Yad Vashem

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .