Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Terror attack at Manchester Arena
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/22/2017 08:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/23/2017 10:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: WG
The root of it all is Israel, need to find a path to real peace & justice there.

It might be reasonable to say the root of it all WAS Israel, but like a cancer that has metastasized, the root doesn't matter once the disease is everywhere.

In particular, consider that the Boko Haram radicals in Africa and the Abu Sayyaf terrorist in Asia don't give a rat about Israel and never will. Their goals are purely subjugation, power, and control.

I'm pretty sure if Israel were wiped off the map today, they would all simply celebrate and say America is next. We'll never get anywhere without good, outspoken, moderate leadership in the Muslim world, and action on their part to back it up.

05/23/2017 10:41 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I think that resolving the Israel problem, 2 state, 1 state, whatever, will go a long way toward making it possible for moderation to arise in the Arab world.
Too bad our President just spent a day kissing the asses of the worst example of the opposite of moderation and freedom over there.

I also think that the export of terror to the west (vs all of that other stuff you mentioned) is more driven by the forced creation and continued existence of a undemocratic western state in the middle east.

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 05/23/2017 10:42 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: tpapablo
What is meaningful is that a Muslim blasted the hell our of innocents and American progs want to bring that over here as soon as possible.

nonsense.
meaningful to you perhaps, but still nonsense.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 05/23/2017 10:49 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo What is meaningful is that a Muslim blasted the hell our of innocents and American progs want to bring that over here as soon as possible.

nonsense. meaningful to you perhaps, but still nonsense.

My point exactly. Progs don't give a damn if Americans are killed by Muslim terrorists. If they get the Muslim vote, they are more than happy to sacrifice the lives of Americans. One of the reasons that Trump won. And it wasn't a small reason.

I :heart; Q
 05/23/2017 10:55 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: RegularJoe
In particular, consider that the Boko Haram radicals in Africa and the Abu Sayyaf terrorist in Asia don't give a rat about Israel and never will. Their goals are purely subjugation, power, and control.

I think that resolving the Israel problem, 2 state, 1 state, whatever, will go a long way toward making it possible for moderation to arise in the Arab world.
I also think that the export of terror to the west (vs all of that other stuff you mentioned) is more driven by the forced creation and continued existence of a undemocratic western state in the middle east.

Granted, some solution with Israel will go a long way, but it can't involve the destruction of or weaken the security of Israel.

In reality even AQ and ISIS in the ME directly are now more about subjugation, power, and control of a Caliphate than they are about Israel. Hezbolla and Hamas and the PLO remain the semi-impotent, regionally-active antagonists in the Israel issue.

Those truly concerned about Israel are involved in a very specific territory dispute. AQ, ISIS, Boko, and Abu don't care -- they are driven to spread their influence everywhere, and are citing their religion to justify whatever means accomplish it. Sadly, that genie is already out of the bottle and not going back.

05/23/2017 11:03 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_London

Originally posted by: johnny what is your long game? I'd say letting terror become part of everyday life is letting them win

Terror attacks have been pretty damned common in London for awhile now.

05/23/2017 11:04 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: johnny Refusing to identify the problem and take action will drag this on forever

I request two bullet points.

1. State the problem in one sentence.

2. State the solution in one sentence.

Keeping in mind that the last London attack was by a British citizen born in Kent of the name Adrian Russel Ajao and that this attacker was as likely as not also a British citizen.

05/23/2017 11:06 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: RegularJoe
I'm pretty sure if Israel were wiped off the map today, they would all simply celebrate and say America is next. We'll never get anywhere without good, outspoken, moderate leadership in the Muslim world, and action on their part to back it up.

Exactly.

People have a very hard time understanding that you cannot change the mindset of those clouded by religious zealotry. You can try to reason with them, argue with them, fight with them, and even kill them and they will still not change their mindset. Sure some actions harden that mindset, but absolutely nothing external will soften it. The only way to change that mindset is to destroy it, either by killing each and every one of them or unraveling the very foundation of their beliefs.

The only practical thing that can beat radical Islam is other Muslims. The responsibility is theirs and theirs alone because anything anyone else does only makes the problem worse.

That does not mean that the rest of us should lay down and show our belly to radical islam, in fact, that is the exact opposite of what we should do. To these extremists that only shows weakness and gives them opportunities to exploit. This too will make the problem worse (much worse). No, as counter productive as it may seem, you have to hit them with fucking hammer for every transgression. Overwhelming force is quite literally the only thing they will respect. Keeping hitting them and hitting them until they stop moving... and then hit them again for good measure.

I know it is hard to accept for some people, but they (radical/extreme fundamental Islamics) do not look at life the way you and I do. They do not think the way we think. Their priorities are not the same as ours. You cannot appeal to their sense of decency or to their humanity or to compassion. We are different, we are enemies of their faith, and they want to kill or subjugate each and every single one of us just because we exist.

05/23/2017 11:07 AM

miker

In short, we can't do anything about it. If we are passive, they will react with violence. If we are violent, they will react with violence. It is completely up to the good Muslim people of the world to kill this ideology.
 05/23/2017 11:08 AM

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

bomber's parents were Libyan refugees
 05/23/2017 11:09 AM

johnny

Originally posted by: scombrid

Originally posted by: johnny Refusing to identify the problem and take action will drag this on forever

Keeping in mind that the last London attack was by a British citizen born in Kent of the name Adrian Russel Ajao and that this attacker was as likely as not also a British citizen.

1. Islam

2. Islam
 05/23/2017 11:12 AM

scombrid

Nobody wants to lay down and role over. Of course the radical Islamists aren't going to change. Fundies of any stripe are lost for good.

The trick is to stop the virus of the mind from spreading. Stop doing things that turn people sympathetic to the Islamists.

Adrian Russel Ajao was not born and raised as a fundy. External conditions made it appealing to him.

05/23/2017 11:13 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: johnny

1. Islam 2. Islam

2 is not a solution.

Solution requires a verb.

What do you want to do about Islam?

05/23/2017 11:14 AM

johnny

no, appeasing islamists will not stop islamists, they win either way
 05/23/2017 11:18 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: johnny

1. Islam 2. Islam

2 is not a solution.

Solution requires a verb.

What do you want to do about Islam?

05/23/2017 11:19 AM

miker

The trick is to stop the virus of the mind from spreading. Stop doing things that turn people sympathetic to the Islamists.

It is too late for that and the problem is too widespread.

05/23/2017 11:19 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: miker good Muslim people of the world

How many of these is it permissible to kill for each terrorist killed?

05/23/2017 11:20 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

So the bomber was British. Of course he was you Faux news watching dopes. Go on Faux's FB page and read the posts from those idiots. "the travel ban this" and "bomb the hell out of them that" (which we are)

Almost all of the attacks in Europe the last several years were carried out by persons born and raised in Europe.

Assimilation is powerful tool in curbing domestic threats. It's the bigots like Tspank and Ted Cruz that want to assure that Americans that are Muslim are discriminated against to the point that they are isolated from the good of our culture.

How about this, social media and the internet definitely play the part of recruiter in exposing would be terrorist douche bags to radical ideas. I say censor that $hit!

05/23/2017 11:21 AM

johnny

if they aren't going to weed them out themselves how are we supposed to tell the difference?
 05/23/2017 11:21 AM

miker

Originally posted by: miker good Muslim people of the world

How many of these is it permissible to kill for each terrorist killed?

Why would anyone want to kill a non-radical muslim?

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Terror attack at Manchester Arena

<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .