Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: When the World Is Led by a Child
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/22/2017 01:23 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/22/2017 01:23 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

David Brooks

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 05/22/2017 01:51 PM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

This says it all:

"He is thus the all-time record-holder of the Dunning-Kruger effect, the phenomenon in which the incompetent person is too incompetent to understand his own incompetence"

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 05/22/2017 02:26 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

A guy told me today after I said Twitler is a dope and he said "well he did pretty good for himself". Stake someone $10M and a rich daddy's name and see what they can do.

05/22/2017 02:35 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Ever wonder why der fuher has never worked at a publically traded company?

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 05/22/2017 02:55 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Greensleeves A guy told me today after I said Twitler is a dope and he said "well he did pretty good for himself". Stake someone $10M and a rich daddy's name and see what they can do.

Many of them lose every penny of it.

If you can't admit that he did well in life, you might consider that are not looking at this from a neutral point of view. If you take a bit of money and multiply it by a hundred, you are doing something very few people do.

Ever wonder why der fuher has never worked at a publically traded company? 

No. He has worked for a publically traded company. You progs don't get many things right, do you?                                                                                       

I :heart; Q
 05/22/2017 03:21 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

How about

Ever wonder why none of der fuher's companies are publically traded?

Ever wonder why his corporate structures are around 500 or so mostly LLCs?

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 05/22/2017 03:27 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: jdbman How about Ever wonder why none of der fuher's companies are publically traded? Ever wonder why his corporate structures are around 500 or so mostly LLCs?

Well a lot of real estate companies are set up that way. In my experience that would be the predominant form of business entity for real estate companies. Why that would be, I don't know.

I :heart; Q
 05/22/2017 04:10 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Too bad we didn't get a chance to elect Pablo Escobar president. He did well for himself.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 05/22/2017 04:15 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: Greensleeves A guy told me today after I said Twitler is a dope and he said "well he did pretty good for himself". Stake someone $10M and a rich daddy's name and see what they can do.
FYI that 10m worth more like 40m when it was given to him, like 1975. This also doesn't include "loans" he was given like 7.5m here and 14m there. Trump never "did quite well for himself." He was given everything he has.
 05/22/2017 04:18 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

This fits neatly into the article about a boys idea of a man. And will flow nicely into what i'll post in the morning on the same subject. And describes very nicely his lame slavish overconfident clueless sycophants like porkblo.
Then will come an article describing how russian criminals bailed him out of yet another bankruptcy. Allowing him the ilusory facade of being a wealthy successful business tycoon.
When all he has ever done is baffle unwitting dupes like porkyfella, chump university sheep, the metropolis of new york, and many many others with dumptruck sized mounds of bullshit.
BTW, David Brooks is the real deal, calls it like he sees it. And writes brillliantly.

Oh yeah: and he actually did manage to blow every penny his daddy (aka: Mr. Green. where lil donnie learned the fake spokesperson shtick) staked him. He's lied and b.s. ed way out of every last failure.
Til now......

It's a democratic hoax
 05/22/2017 05:58 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

I "shared" that op-ed on social media with the following:

David Brooks is a broadly respected conservative columnist. While I do not agree with many of his political/ public policy positions, I have always respected his intelligent, articulate thoughts .... much as I did those of William Buckley.

Here he is perfectly on point with his assessment of "our" boy POTUS and the dangers of having such a stunningly undeveloped mind in the oval office big seat

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 05/22/2017 06:17 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

"Done well for himself" people say.

Done well using branding to con people into loaning him money for boondoggles that go belly up while he walks away with a wad of cash.

Research all the shenanigans around the taj mahal.

05/23/2017 04:41 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Why doesn't he release his taxes?

Shouldn't he be proud to show his billions?

I was right.
 05/23/2017 05:01 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

None of what he did or didn't do in the "real estate" "business" means nothing.
It wasn't relevant experience for running a government.
That was obvious during his campaign of lies, and now in the shitty job he is doing as President.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .