Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The gun "boom" is over
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/28/2017 09:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/28/2017 09:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Sales are way down, S&W shares down 23%.

Layoffs throughout the industry.

AR pattern rifles are going at fire sale prices. I saw one today (S&W) for $560.
At the height of the boom add a 1 to the front of that price.

Looks like the NRA and GOP killed the golden goose (Obama/Clinton).

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/28/2017 10:11 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

tek R gunz!
Tek r jabz!
 04/28/2017 10:19 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

now that the government is going to start enforcing laws again we don't have as great a need to protect ourselves.

04/28/2017 10:36 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

saturated market?

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 04/28/2017 10:46 AM

RustyTruck

I'm sure the NRA is interviewing new boogiemen as we speak, but we may never again return to the level of irrational ammo hoarding that went on in 2009-2015.

The down side for society is that the streets may be flooded with marked down firearms left over from overproduction. Country folks who hocked the tractor to buy crates of ARs may sell them cheap to get the Oxy.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

04/28/2017 11:13 AM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Looks like time for me to stock up. I can sell these things at a premium once we get another D in office.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 04/28/2017 11:19 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Cheap guns: Rural King

Check the Ads in the Sunday paper

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 04/28/2017 11:22 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

It is nice to see .22LRs for a nickle each again, and powders and primers commonly available.  The priemium rifles/handguns are still in demand and the prices are still up.  The lower tier tinker-toy AR market is down, but again that is a good thing...you can get complete mil-spec lowers with magpul stock for 150 bucks.   A good barrel and such will still cost some money, but the sanity has returned to the market.

S&W and the other big mfgs stock is down, but part of that is also because they "don't make them like they used to".  Buy a S&W Performance Center 929 and you may or may not have to rebuild it out of the box.  Love the Smith and Wessons, but the quality is not what it used to be.   Again, there are some other brands that have excellant quality and have retained their market.   

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 04/28/2017 at 11:29 AM by Bamboo
 04/28/2017 03:48 PM

RustyTruck

Polymer handguns seem to be down too.

The C&R stuff I like will remain high and go up due to supply (running out or gone).

If those Philippine Garands make it back I recommend buying two.

04/28/2017 07:06 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It was inevitable. You can't sell that many guns for that long and not have the market saturated. There are so many ar's out there and how many 1911's can you really sell? Add to that every major manufacturer making their version of a striker fired glock in their soulless plastic tiny .380. It's all played out and thank God. Now you can get cheap rounds and get that piece of shit m&p shield and get over it as fast as you got into it. The only thing you can learn from a gun nut is that concealable pea shooters suck at the range and you don't need to shoot animals to justify enjoying shooting. Just go to range. Also, German and Belgian handguns made of steel retain their value while a glock .40 will sell used for $200. The market has responded.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/28/2017 07:40 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

German and Belgian handguns made of steel retain their value

As do Czech ones.

I'm a walnut and blue steel guy (CZ) but polymers have won over the CCW market in part because they are so much lighter.
 04/29/2017 03:23 AM

KeyserSoze

Joined Forum: 03/30/2011

Walther - -
- - and the PPK M2 is now my preferred EDC.

Still like my Glock for capacity though, and my sig other likes her Ruger SR21.
Though a .22 must admit it is fun to shoot and for her, easy to rack.
Don't actually like a .22 for EDC but at least she has something with which she is comfortable,
and must admit she is pretty good with it.

Who is Keyser Soze?

04/29/2017 05:44 AM

gdudewe

Joined Forum: 11/09/2011

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Sales are way down, S&W shares down 23%.

Layoffs throughout the industry.

AR pattern rifles are going at fire sale prices. I saw one today (S&W) for $560.

At the height of the boom add a 1 to the front of that price.

Looks like the NRA and GOP killed the golden goose (Obama/Clinton).

Well, shit. Looks like it is time for another war. What else can we do spark fear in the "right" base?

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I noticed it always coincides with their own desires

Susan B. Anthony

Impeach Trump
 04/29/2017 06:49 AM

RustyTruck

Top contenders are MS13 and the old standard Muslims.

In the "fun at the range" category you can't beat a CZ rimfire rifle. Beautiful, inexpensive, and precise.

04/29/2017 07:29 AM

johnnyboy

Which goat can we scape? Billow Reilly can't help this time and Rupert Murdoch is behind a step or two. The brilliant propaganda infotainment has suffered of late and the whole pale male stale crowd feels like trump might have been co opted.

And glide, my 85 is still my favorite.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/29/2017 07:48 AM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

And glide, my 85 is still my favorite.

No doubt.
 04/30/2017 09:02 AM

Cole

What do you know, Obama didn't take your guns.

Fcking clowns.

I was right.
 04/30/2017 01:26 PM

DixieBoy

Joined Forum: 05/17/2016

Not for lack of trying, oh clueless one.
 04/30/2017 05:51 PM

RustyTruck

Obama never tried to take anyone's guns.

04/30/2017 07:04 PM

johnnyboy

But if you went to a gun show and they told you to buy now before the Government comes for your guns and everything you buy now will be grandfathered in before any bans.... You would have sold a lot of guns. If you put a picture of Obama up in your shop with "salesman of the year" for 8 years, you had your run. Obama tried to make background checks, bans for people incapacitated and mentally ill and the good God fearing NRA tripled down and stopped every one of those things. They stoked the fire, gave the foot in door "any law is the beginning of a total ban" bs and they pretended to care when children got murdered by the dozen. They sold more guns and mags. Now its run its course. Millions of people are trying to dump their stocks and the price is getting obscenely low.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : The gun "boom" is over

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .