Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Team sport
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/28/2017 06:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/28/2017 06:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

We have started hearing this comparison of partisan politics to fans of a sports team.

I don't think so. I watched my favorite NBA team last night play a tough series against Memphis. Spurs finally won 4-2. This was old school , lots of contact basketball. After the victory on Memphis' home court all the players and coaches embraced and congratulated each other.

I am a lifelong fan of the Miami Hurricanes. My oldest son graduated from FSU and lives in Tallahassee now. My daughter and son in law graduated from Florida. The good son went to UCF but is a Hurricane fan as well. These small differences never get in the way of a family relationship.

But politics, no way. I'm not embracing any of you aholes who support der drumpen fuher. Most of you are opiate addicted anyway. I do embrace those who have come correct. With the approval rating down to 37% , lots are jumping off that sinking ship.

Even the fuher has stated that he liked his previous job better.

With the fuher not able to get anything done in his first 100 days and the GDP dropping this experiment has failed.

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 04/28/2017 06:38 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Your team experience is a function of you (and I assume) your family being reasonable intelligent people.

As an FSU grad, plenty of friends and associates went to UF. We kid back and forth but we all know it's in good fun.

BUT, the ones you have to watch out for are the fans who never and couldn't have gone to college at all. The mofos are crazy and they will commit violence and destroy property over sports teams.

About 30% of Americans say they don't even care IF IT WAS PROVEN that trump colluded with the Russians. Those are the incorrigibles.

The others who are willing to confess their sins may be forgiven in time.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/28/2017 06:45 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
As an FSU grad, ....

That explains it -- FSU is well-known for their Drama and Theatre programs.
 04/28/2017 06:49 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: RegularJoe

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

As an FSU grad, ....

That explains it -- FSU is well-known for their Drama and Theatre programs.

Based on some of the girls I dated up there, I'd have to agree.

As much as I think Gainesville is the unwashed crotch of Florida, if a kid wanted to study a hard science I'd suggest they go to UF.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 04/28/2017 07:17 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

You do realize that the left is like this too, right?
 04/28/2017 07:33 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

But politics, no way. I'm not embracing any of you aholes who support der drumpen fuher.

Well, I have nothing against any of you. I don't agree with the political outlook of some of you, but I imagine all you are good folks. I enjoy arguing and am glad you guys are around to give me those arguments.

Mind you, I own both Google and Amazon shares, so I am in a pretty good mood today. Might hate all of you on a down day.

I :heart; Q
 04/28/2017 08:03 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

And don't forget all the troll payments. Have a great day.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .