Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Chump proposes tax hikes on the wealthy
Topic Summary: when he led the "reform party" presidential campaign
Created On: 04/27/2017 05:01 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/27/2017 05:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

And his book: the america we deserve"

flippity, floppity.... "Hey russia, if you're listening: provide us a copy of "The America We Deserve"
a carefully guarded chumpf secret

-------------------------
It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 04/30/2017 at 12:31 PM by nukeh2o
 04/28/2017 06:27 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

"By my calculations, one percent of Americans, who control 90 percent of the wealth in this country, would be affected by my plan. The other 99 percent of the people would get deep reductions in their federal income taxes."

No, that's not Bernie Sanders. That's Donald Trump describing the tax plan he proposed in 1999, a plan targeted specifically at raising huge amounts of money from rich people and promoted in language that Occupy Wall Street would have loved.

Trump proposed hitting anyone worth $10 million or more with a one-time 14.25 percent tax on their assets, saying it would raise $5.7 trillion dollars and wipe out the national debt. According to Trump, his own bill would have come to more than $700 million dollars (pegging his net worth at just under $5 billion), but he said he was happy to fork over the cash. "Some will say that my plan is unfair to the extremely wealthy," he wrote his 2000 book, The America We Deserve. "I say it is only reasonable to shift the burden to those most able to pay...I believe we have an obligation to pay. Taxes represent the cost of freedom and its defense. It is a small price."

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 04/28/2017 06:29 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

This guy has no policy, no ideology, no moral compass.

He has an uncanny sense to know what the unwashed masses want to hear. Those masses could be hippies, or toothless flag waving rednecks and the christian suits who own them.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 04/28/2017 07:16 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

He doesn't care what he said them anymore than he cares about what he says right now. He's only a part of the problem. It's like rusty pointed out: 30% of the country would CONTINUE to support and defend trump even if it were proven beyond a reasonable doubtl that he collided with Russia before the election and promised them benefits because of their efforts to undermine his opponent. Trump will eventually get exposed and punished and those 30% will follow their infotainment and "news" outlets to further insulate themselves from the rest of the world while loudly proclaiming quiet patriotic victimhood.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/30/2017 12:36 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

china? no problem....
what nafta issue?
obama care will be solved first day
putie pie's my bud. oh wait, no he's not....oh gosh this job is so HAARD.....
etc, etc, etc

It's a democratic hoax
 04/30/2017 07:15 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It turns out that being educated in public about all the things Trump used to confidently articulate his solutions was nothing more than a smug know it all figuring out that in spite of what his mother told him, the world does not revolve around him and his character, confidence and bravado are not the question on every answer jeopardy anymore than they are for world politics and leadership.

I'll take "I didn't think it would be this hard" for daily double.

How about "Nobody knew healthcare could be so complicated" for a thousand.

Lets see about "I talked to China for 10 minutes and they can't just tell North Korea to hand over their nukes" for two hundred.

Maybe try "The answers are on the golf course" for the run and hide category.

And final jeopardy:

"What didn't you know about Carter Ash, Manafort and Flynn colluding with Russia and when didn't you know it" for the victory.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .