Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Will the damage ever be undone
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/19/2017 04:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/20/2017 01:27 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: WG

Then it's not real.

Says you.

To them, it is absolutely real.

It doesn't matter if you believe it or not yourself, much like my opinions on your faith have no sway over your actual beliefs. Do you question your faith because I believe it is a sham? Is it any less real to you?

Edit: this is the very trap people fall into with fundamentalist beliefs, be it Islam or the Westboro morons.
 04/20/2017 01:36 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

yes, everything I post here is "says me".

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 04/22/2017 09:04 PM

surferclimber

Joined Forum: 01/23/2011

Originally posted by: obx2 Religion and culture are highly intertwined. And by extension, so is Government.

This nation was founded by Christians. Not Muslims, Buddhists, Atheists, or any other form. Our founding fathers where Christian. The first immigrants that settled here were Christian. The American Culture in its inception was a Christian culture.

For example, Christmas is a nationally recognized holiday, where the government offices are closed (ie, we officially recognize it). Are there national holidays pertaining to important dates in other religions.....no.

Not sure what you quantify as "damage" that needs to be undone, but to sit here and say this nation wasn't founded as a Christian nation, is to completly ignore the facts and history, and interject your own perverted version as a means to satisfy your own prejudice against the Christian religion.

I think the real damage that had been done is a nation of youth raised on rap music & Kardashians rather than good morals that Christian faith preaches  ( read the true values not extreme nonsense )... 

-------------------------

get up early and go surf - it'll make that hangover go away and/or make the workday more tolerable :)

04/23/2017 01:43 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Be it indoctrinating children into religion before they Old enough enough to make a decision themselves or Letting kids watch trash like the kardashians, bad parenting is to blame.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Will the damage ever be undone

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .