Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Samsung Duos S Phone
Topic Summary: Storage Space Problem
Created On: 03/28/2017 11:59 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/28/2017 11:59 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

faraway

Joined Forum: 06/29/2004

I'm out of my league on this one and I hope someone can help! My wife has a Samsung Duos S phone (I personally hate Android and don't really know how to do much with it). It is about 3 years old and has just 4 GB of internal storage. It has an SD card for external storage. With the operating system there is about 1.8 GB of available space left. All but about 300 MB of this is used on I have no idea know what. She has only ever downloaded two apps and they are both stored on the SD card. All photos are on the SD card too. There are all kinds of apps that Google includes with Android and I can't seem to delete any of them. My wife wants to get WhatsApp and I tried to download it for her. It failed and said there wasn't enough room. And after I attempted to delete some of the Google apps, which failed, nothing will download. It won't even tell me there is not enough space available. It gives me a code:419 error. It keeps giving notifications that Google Play needs to be updated, but it has this error 419 each time it tries. Searching on the internet found that I should delete the Google account and the set it up again to clear teh 419 error. I did this and it still doesn't work. I have two questions: 1. How can I fix this code:419 error? 2. How can I install WhatsApp? It says the download is like 28 MB so it seems that 300 MB should be enough space. Thanks!
 03/28/2017 12:16 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

03/28/2017 01:26 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Just my humble opinion, but....

Samsung phones are not Android phones, they are Android phones plus a whole lot of bloatware added.

Google Android doesn't add all those apps, Samsung does.
That model doesn't have much space left.

Not much you can do about it, unless you want to root it.
Look up bloatware removal.

example

Pure Android phones are an entirely different experience.

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .