Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Repeal Obamacare!
Topic Summary: How's that workin' out for ya?
Created On: 03/23/2017 03:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/24/2017 10:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Ooops...cant even get the Repugs to go along with this one. Total fail.

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 03/24/2017 10:21 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: jdbman Ooops...cant even get the Repugs to go along with this one. Total fail.

Depends on how you look at it. If your definition of success is the dem view, which holds that all members must march lock step - and to hell with what the people want - then it is a fail. If, however, you believe in your representative voting in accord with the wishes of his constituency, it is a huge success. I fall into the latter category.

I :heart; Q
 03/24/2017 10:48 AM

jdbman

Its a very , very bad piece of legislation. Even, several of the very staunch supporters of repealing the ACA, will not vote for it. Of course the dems are in lockstep. They gave you their best idea . The whole concept of repeal and replace is flawed.

The ACA was the first step in a better way to manage health care for all Americans. If the repugs had participated in the initial process , perhaps it would be better now. But no the party of no would not have it. Now the party of NO has the numbers. Or so they thought.

Certainly the repugs are considering the votes of their constituency, pandering pussys that they are. They know that if you fuck with old white people's healthcare that you will be out in '18.

Where in the world is Ted Cruz?

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 03/24/2017 10:49 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The constituency has spoken, and they want Obamacare improved, not repealed.

These guys had 7 years to come up with a better system, instead they just held circle jerk repeal votes for dramatic effect.

Now they have been exposed as incompetent and dishonest.

But I see tpap and trump will use the same strategy, "I didn't really care about that, let me tell you about my bigly beautiful tax cut plan!"

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 03/24/2017 10:49 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Good on the cons that are blocking this, whatever their motivation.
It's a bad bill. What's the hurry?

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 03/24/2017 11:31 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

As Nancy Pelosi said about rushing the vote when they were not ready "Rookie Mistake."

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

03/24/2017 12:52 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Seven years of bitching and the trumpcare bill gets pulled. This admin remains a fucking disaster. LMAO

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 03/24/2017 12:54 PM

jdbman

yea, its a FAIL. Bill is dead. Rep Byrne ( R Ala.) says: "We don't know what the next step is. We are going to go home and get some rest."

Repugs control the House, the senate and the White House, still just cant get anything of consequence done.

Let the finger pointing begin.

03/24/2017 01:36 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Are we "tired of winning" yet?
 03/24/2017 02:27 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

The bill was dead out of the blocks.

A lot of the people that voted for both Trump and Republican legislators like the conditions in the ACA that prohibited insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions, that prohibited insurance companies from imposing lifetime limits on coverage, that required insurance companies to let adults stay on their parents' insurance until age 26, etc... So this bill tried to preserve such things.

The problem is that you have to have the individual mandate and big government subsidies to pay for those provisions.

So the Republican alternative tried to keep the really expensive parts of the ACA while cutting it off at the knees on funding. They keep refering to the death spiral wherein insurance companies are pulling out of markets and where some states only have one participating insurer.

What do they think would have happened if their bill had passed with the essential health services requirement and such but no way to pay for it? What would have happened is exactly what CBO put out in its projections.

Somebody is going to have to take some medicine and do an unpopular thing to really reform health care funding and delivery in this country. There isn't much of a middle ground. I see three economically viable options: (option 2 is the middle ground).

1. Full market system where you pay providers directly for services and insurance is handled more like property insurance in which you buy insurance priced according to the risk you pose to the insurer. You are uninsurable if you have certain expensive chronic conditions. Your insurance will be more expensive if you participate in high risk sports/hobbies or there will be exclusions where insurance companies will refuse to pay for surgery if you sever a tendon in a surfing accident. Insurance for women of child bearing age will be very expensive. Men over 55 will pay up or go uninsured. The upside is that health care costs would come down and young healthy people would be able to get cheap insurance.

2. Full market system with a government backup plan. Basically a big medicaid expansion.

3. Single payer. Everyone pays in under the assumption that everybody is going to use health services as some point with a high likelihood of something expensive happening sooner or later. Most other developed countries do this and their annual per-capita expenditure is far less than in the US with better outcomes on average.

03/24/2017 02:29 PM

scombrid

Also. I just listened to the press conference and it could have easily been Baldwin doing a silly impersonation. No grasp of the situation. Incoherent babble sprinkled with insincere platitudes toward his fellow Republicans.

03/24/2017 02:30 PM

Bamboo

TurmpCare is the best, most awesome, greatest healthcare ever with better options at a cheaper cost.  Everybody will love it.

Biggly!

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 03/24/2017 02:32 PM

6ScoopsMcGruntington

Joined Forum: 01/25/2017

Agent Orange: "Get rid of lines around the state."

That's what cons voted for.

In other words, they voted for a guy with no plan.

The deal maker.

LOL!

03/24/2017 02:49 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

TurmpCare is the best, most awesome, greatest healthcare ever with better options at a cheaper cost. Everybody will love it.

It was going to be so great I was hoping my doctor would find something wrong on my next visit.
 03/24/2017 03:03 PM

KeyserSoze

Joined Forum: 03/30/2011

Thank goodness I have great health ins through work - -

- -how many of you have Obamacare ???

I only know one person, he hates it and is costing a fortune - -
- - for something he doesn't want.

Who is Keyser Soze?

03/24/2017 03:14 PM

Bamboo

I know a few people who have it, and yes the satisfaction is mixed.  A couple love it, one bitches about it constantly it but won't change, and a few others are good with the care but pissed about the price hikes.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 03/24/2017 03:42 PM

RustyTruck

Good thing this terrible burn the GOP received is covered by Obama care....

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

03/24/2017 03:56 PM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

Originally posted by: KeyserSoze Thank goodness I have great health ins through work - - - -how many of you have Obamacare ??? I only know one person, he hates it and is costing a fortune - - - - for something he doesn't want.

Did you hear about the replacement? Epic fail.

03/24/2017 04:01 PM

Bamboo

The ACA was suppose to be a stepping stone.  The GOP would be smart to fall back, regroup, and work with the aCA to make it better.  It has the bones, but it needs to be refined.  Either that or go to medicaid/medicare for all as basic coverage. 

I never head of anyone who turned 65 and was disappointed that they could now enroll in medicare.

03/24/2017 04:03 PM

RustyTruck

R mods and democrats could make it better without the "freedom caucus".

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Repeal Obamacare!

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .