Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Irish Americans
Topic Summary: The hope for survival of democracy
Created On: 02/21/2017 09:49 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/21/2017 09:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

McCain and McCool.

I'm getting a feeling that they may be the grown ups we need to say "enough" when trump goes over the edge.

When a time comes that trump and Bannon try to discredit those two, you'll know the end is nigh.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/21/2017 09:53 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Trump was discrediting McCain a year before the election. First sign I would not vote for him.
 02/21/2017 10:11 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Trump's whole dismissing of McCain as a war hero because  "I like people who don't get captured" slam was pretty damn tacky. 

i'd like to see Trump spend 5 years as a POW (as McCain experienced) and then see if Trump would still say that.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 02/21/2017 10:14 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

McCain has a lot of making up to do for Palin though.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 02/21/2017 11:09 AM

skatensurf

Joined Forum: 09/28/2006

Originally posted by: Bamboo

Trump's whole dismissing of McCain as a war hero because  "I like people who don't get captured" slam was pretty damn tacky. 

i'd like to see Trump spend 5 years as a POW (as McCain experienced) and then see if Trump would still say that.

This is pretty much the main thing that turned me off from trump, there were plenty of other things but this was the absolute dealbreaker for me.
 02/21/2017 11:21 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

McCain successfully completed many sorties before getting nailed. And was noble in his attempts to help his fellow captives.
While trump was making deals with gangsters and foreclosure machines. Not paying contractors. And so on.
The Palin thing was pretty dumb though and Im quite sure he wishes hadnt done it in hindsight.
She'd fit right in to the chump traveling carnival act though

It's a democratic hoax
 02/21/2017 11:26 AM

RustyTruck

I don't think Palin was McCain's idea, and I bet he was pretty pissed about it behind closed doors.

I thought trump was finished when he made those comments about him, certainly any traditional politician would have been (and should have been).

At this moment, I think trump knows he had a close call on McCain, and he's held off on any response to McCain's recent comments.

trump knows his party faithful would tear into McCain or anyone else, but McCain could peel off a big chunk of the less crazy trumpers if he set his mind to it.

I see McCain as the political watchdog and McCool as the military. Hopefully between the two they will know if/when it becomes necessary to remove trump from office under Section 4, 25 A.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

02/21/2017 11:34 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Don't forget Shooter McGavin and Ronald McDonald.
 02/21/2017 11:43 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

I think McCain succumbed to mainstream polit-think because he had lost before. He should have stayed with his gut.

Of course, he was facing the tidal wave known as Barack. There was probably no stopping that.

02/21/2017 12:06 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck McCain and McCool. I'm getting a feeling that they may be the grown ups we need to say "enough" when trump goes over the edge. When a time comes that trump and Bannon try to discredit those two, you'll know the end is nigh.

Good news indeed. You progs can relax now and maybe even try to enjoy life a little. Despite your various doomsday worries, life is pretty good out here in the real world - and getting better.

I :heart; Q
 02/21/2017 12:10 PM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

I thought you preferred that we suffer.

02/21/2017 12:42 PM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck McCain and McCool. I'm getting a feeling that they may be the grown ups we need to say "enough" when trump goes over the edge. When a time comes that trump and Bannon try to discredit those two, you'll know the end is nigh.

Good news indeed. You progs can relax now and maybe even try to enjoy life a little. Despite your various doomsday worries, life is pretty good out here in the real world - and getting better.

You're quite right. My primary concern with this guy is that he get us in a hot war over some stupid shit, and that concern is somewhat alleviated.

Now we can get on with the fun stuff, singing songs, carrying signs, enjoying the camaraderie of common cause against some powerful and evil foe.

When the fun is over it's back to work.

I might be shouting at you chumps across the orange fence one day, and showing you my Swedish Mauser at the gun range the next. It's a crazy world.

02/21/2017 02:47 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

You must be exhausted from all that effort to cover your eyes, your ears and both sides of your mouth after this month. Tpap, if you're not tired, you will be.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/21/2017 02:48 PM

johnny

Joined Forum: 12/31/2004

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

You must be exhausted from all that effort to cover your eyes, your ears and both sides of your mouth after this month. Tpap, if you're not tired, you will be.

one day you will realize we look at you the exact same way
 02/21/2017 03:12 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I am big enough to let you be wrong. Tpap can usually back it up much better. I think trump is too big of a challenge for him.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/21/2017 03:51 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy I am big enough to let you be wrong. Tpap can usually back it up much better. I think trump is too big of a challenge for him.

No, I am quite a happy with Trump at the moment. He has exceeded my expectations, actually. Some people on here have at least pretended to go batshit nuts over Trump. That has happened every, single time that a Republican has won the White House since Reagan. (Reagan, like Trump, was going to start WWIII. Bush, like Trump, was a puppet, Bush to oil companies, Trump to Russia. Both Reagan and Bush were deranged. Bush was even a murderer who arranged 9/11 so as to send more profits to his oil company buddies.) As I have said many times before, if we had a Republican cross between Ghandi, Mother Teresa and Churchill, we would be seeing the same type of thing from the left. I get what the prog strategy is. But I don't see much point in arguing over such silly stuff. Since no one really gives a damn about whether Trump won the biggest electoral victory since Reagan, for example, I don't feel like wasting my time on it. If something significant comes up, however, I will be right there in the thick of it.

I :heart; Q
 02/21/2017 03:56 PM

RustyTruck

It's sort of like the "brown M&M theory". If trump will lie to your face about things that are easily disproven, he's not only disrespecting you, but you can be sure he will lie about much more significant things.

I'd hate to be a Ukrainian.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .