Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Are liberals helping Trump?
Topic Summary: Yes, yes they are
Created On: 02/19/2017 04:50 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/19/2017 04:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/18/opinion/sunday/are-liberals-helping-trump.html

Cant make a link on this device. Good read, and some of you need to read it.

Maybe if I show you enough repetition you will finally get your collective heads out of your asses and stop alientating the middle. No other way to say it than be blunt about it. One doesn't even have to leave the narrow confines of this forum to see evidence of it. The internet and social media is rife with it.

02/19/2017 04:54 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

That's what Bill Mahr has been saying. He say's progs need to quit the bullying. He also suggests the left "leadership" go on nazi "news" show and get their word out. That the idiot fringe only has 1 source of info, the lying right wing media.
 02/19/2017 07:14 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Do you really need to be convinced Trump is bad for the country?

Trump voters put a bloviating dictator in the White House. All this fucking bitching about Obama and his lack of respect for the Constitution, then they vote in a guy that would sooner wipe his ass with it than use it as a rule of law. Are we supposed to over look this ridiculous hypocrisy and happily go along with every trumpublican ideal?

Show me one, just one example, of where Trump has given two shits about the Democrat voter? Republicans battled Obama for eight years, yet we are supposed to kiss republican ass? Fck that.

-------------------------
I was right.

Edited: 02/19/2017 at 07:29 PM by Cole
 02/19/2017 07:52 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

02/19/2017 08:04 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

link

So basically he's saying the middle are a bunch of snowflakes whose feelings have been hurt, and that's why they lashed out and elected a sociopath.

While I agree that name calling is not productive, and protests that get disrupted by violent ass holes are worse, I think more of America than that.

They need to pay better attention to reality and grow up.
They can handle the truth. They need to hear more of it, couched in the right language, but still the truth.

I had a few civil conversations with Trumps supporters that I gave rides to this weekend and the common thread was that they believed a lot of things that were simply not true.
Some of that is not fixable, but a lot of it ought to be with the right message and messenger.

Based on Trumps plummeting approval, I think some already are, although he seems to have stopped the slide lately.

Firing Flynn helped.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill

Edited: 02/19/2017 at 08:20 PM by WG
 02/19/2017 08:22 PM

miker

No surprise that the fringe idiots just don't get it. Lost the house, lost the senate, and lost the White House to a maniac. At least there isn't much left for you to lose. However, if you want change, you need the support of the middle. 

Also, learn what the term snowflake means before trying to use it. Snowflakes melt, they don't give you the finger and tell you to fuck yourself. 

02/19/2017 08:26 PM

WG

which is what the use of "snowflake by the right is so wrong too.
we ain't melting. And our finger, our fuck you is pointed at the fascists, if you think it's pointed at you, then maybe you need to re-examine where you stand.

maybe you will also like this one.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 02/19/2017 08:29 PM

miker

The problem is when you alienate people that agree with you in general and are on your side in many things just because they aren't 100 absolutely in line with everything ...you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Push them a little, it is ok. Push them a lot and you lose them. Push them too far and demonize them, then you push them to the other side. You should be embracing the commonality instead of hating the differences. This is where you keep fucking up, especially when you are the side that preaches tolerance. The hypocrisy is just too much for many people.

02/19/2017 08:31 PM

miker

WG I don't give a fuck about left or right in use of the term. When it is wrong, it is wrong. It is a generational term and not a party line term for the most part.

You can be liberal and be a snowflake or conservative and be a snowflake. Sure it is stereotypically fringe liberal millennials, but it doesn't have to be a liberal by any means. If something someone says runs you off to a safe space or you use terms like check your privilege, or you feel guilty because you were born a white male....then you may want to reevaluate yourself

02/19/2017 08:37 PM

miker

And yes ...I was being a little silly with that last part on purpose

02/19/2017 08:44 PM

WG

I have zero guilt about being born a white male, but I certainly understand how it means that I am privileged.

I don't even get the safe space thing, that seems made up by the right based upon exaggerations of tidbits of BS.
The millennial kids I know, including my own, are anything but running to "safe spaces" they are in the thick of the fight for their future.

I certainly also get the push too far bit, my offline personality is all about compromise, finding the middle ground.
But it is also about compassion, justice, truth, reason, reality and those matters far more.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 02/19/2017 09:01 PM

WG

I also think it's a bit disingenuous to say you don't care about right and left.
Those are labels but they do say something about how one thinks about government and what it should do.

Of course, most people are in the middle, that's it's definition, the place where most people are. Almost everything is a bell curve.
It's always about the middle and moving it.

And I think we are by far over analyzing the election result. It was no landslide, it was a squeaker. A split.

Dave Chappel nailed on the post-election SNL skit.
We lost simply because we tried to follow a young charismatic black guy who made us feel good about our future with a tired old white woman who could not.
All of the hope about the first woman President was not quite enough to tip that.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,

Edited: 02/19/2017 at 09:33 PM by WG
 02/19/2017 10:45 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I think Hillary lost for playing the middle, amongst other things. Her lack of progressive vision and charisma is why she lost to Obama in 08. He got four million more people to vote for him in 2008 than she did in 2016. It also had a lot to do with the scandal attack machine. But I think Dems need to be more aggressive about being progressive, to motivate the nearly 50% of Americans that don't bother to vote.
 02/20/2017 03:46 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

She also brought a lot of baggage to the table that wasn't attractive to many. 

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 02/20/2017 06:42 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

All of the hope about the first woman President was not quite enough to tip that.

Thats because thats all she was... an old woman who thought it was time for a woman, HER, to be president.

That is NOT enough justification to be President.

I think Hillary lost for playing the middle, amongst other things.

HAHAHA yeah. keep playing that BS card, she was too centrist...

Jeez you people are blind, She ran AGAINST the middle class, she called the middle Class racists, elitists, privileged, She called them the unwashed despicables. The people Hilary courted in her campaign voted for her...

The Middle class who she villified, voted against her...

02/20/2017 06:46 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-supporters-see-a-successful-president--and-are-frustrated-with-critics-who-dont/2017/02/19/496cb4b4-f6ca-11e6-9845-576c69081518_story.html

What do you think? Can the "haters" and Trump supporters ever reconcile?

I seem to recall these things called the Tea Party and Birtherism...for the Muslim president. Is it more than turnabout?

PS: Hillary won the popular vote (if it weren't for those blasted illegals voting). Trump won on electoral strategy, which is perfectly fine, but let's not exaggerate his victory.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .