Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Trump Rally
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/18/2017 05:27 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/21/2017 09:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: WG
Originally posted by: miker I am perfectly ok with modern muslims and welcome them with open arms into my community and hold them in no more disdain that I do for anyone else that believes in invisible men in the sky, heh.    
As am I. Like the refugees that we are accepting. We certainly should and are turning away the others.

Cool, but I don't want Syrian refugees here. We have too many of our own to take care of, people that absolutely should be taken care of FIRST and foremost.  Even .0001% chance of risk is more than I am willing to take until that happens. I am all for helping other people, but not until we help our own first.

02/21/2017 09:12 AM

miker

Originally posted by: jdbman
I don't think we should bring in refugees from countries with known Islamic radicalism and pro Sharia culture
miker I don't think you get much an argument of that. Problem is that those people most likely are not going to tell you they are those people. If one of those types has somehow hit the trip wire and is in a database , and uses their real Identity, then bingo, no go. So in the administration's mind in order to try and prevent any of the Sharia crazies from coming in, they take a blanket approach. Hence the rub. How do you sort out a terrorist from a refugee? I just don't think everyone trying to get the f out of Syria is a terrorist.

I agree with you pretty much across the board.

02/21/2017 09:14 AM

miker

This is also the problem that many in the left have, is recognizing that most people opposing are coming from a place of legitimate concern (for various reason) regarding this issue.

Dismissing their concerns, demonizing them, calling them names, and throwing hate at them are the types of things that loses you elections. *that* is really the only point I am trying to make on this subject.

02/21/2017 09:18 AM

miker

Originally posted by: WG The people that actually run the immigration vetting programs agree with me, rather I listen to them. I don't think I used the word stupid, but misled is absolutely accurate.

I challenge even that statement. How was I misled?

I realize the vetting process is pretty good. I also realize that nearly all of these refugees are people trying to survive. I still disagree with bringing them into the country.

02/21/2017 09:25 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Privately owned refugee camps is the answer, if you want to support them show it with your $$.

Im surprized trump hasnt made a super great fantastic smoothly operated one already.

-------------------------
I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 02/21/2017 09:28 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I don't know how you were misled miker, you said that you didn't vote for Trump.

Dismissing their concerns, demonizing them, calling them names, and throwing hate at them is exactly how Trump won this election.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 02/21/2017 09:36 AM

miker

Originally posted by: WG I don't know how you were misled miker, you said that you didn't vote for Trump.

No I didn't. I didn't vote for him because he is fucking crazy.

I am perfectly ok with restricting travel and not allowing refugees into the country though.

02/21/2017 09:48 AM

WG

As am I, when it is warranted, and specific and targeted properly at a real problem.

Did your family members also see how fucking crazy Trump is (an understatement IMHO) and just look past it?

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,

Edited: 02/21/2017 at 10:07 AM by WG
 02/21/2017 10:45 AM

miker

I think how crazy is continually coming more into focus. Unfortunately for many, the fringe left was deemed even crazier. Now only slightly less so.

02/21/2017 11:01 AM

WG

But the fringe left is just that, a fringe with no real power.
The mainstream left is Obama and then Hillary, corporate and boring, but sober & stable.

You can no longer say the same about the right.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 02/21/2017 11:17 AM

miker

I thing you are underselling the fringe left's power. They have given the entire left a massive image problem.

02/21/2017 11:39 AM

WG

And I think you are underselling the power of the right wing media to push that bogus narrative and the weakness of the MSM in combatting it.
But I am listening to you.
Are you reciprocating?

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 02/21/2017 11:55 AM

miker

You think the narrative is bogus when I don't even have to leave NBC to see the image problem the fringe is creating? If it is bogus, the liberal media is guilty too of spreading it.

02/21/2017 12:03 PM

WG

What are you seeing on NBC that is a problem?
And when you use the bugus term "liberal media" you are playing right int their game.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 02/21/2017 12:06 PM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

I think both the "fringe left" and "wingnut right" mostly promulgate stereotypes via anecdotes. The beyond-PC smothering schoolteacher and the semi-illiterate Glock fiend. These people are few IMO.

Except that we have a kind of stereotype in office right now.

02/21/2017 12:57 PM

miker

Originally posted by: WG What are you seeing on NBC that is a problem? And when you use the bugus term "liberal media" you are playing right int their game.

Please, I was specifically talking about liberal leaning media outlets. I am not seeing anything on NBC that is a 'problem'. What i see on NBC is coverage of the fringe left. Like I said repeatedly, the left has an image problem.

Obviously conservative media paints the picture differently, i.e. Fox News but the left media covers them. The 99% that are sane get drowned out by the 1% that are not. Most people don't need Fox or NBC to tell them something is crazy when they can see it for themselves.

02/21/2017 01:08 PM

miker

Take some of the protests for example. Probably 9999 out of every 10000 people were peaceful and trying to send a message. The problem is that those 9999 don't get the coverage that the 1 destroying shit and acting like a tool does. This is the natural order of things in a profit driven media system. 

So how do you fix the headline of "protestors turn violent and destroy local businesses" ?

You turn it into "protestors come to the aid of local businesses by stopping anarchists from destroying property." 

Instead of supporting that activity and approving of it, you denounce it regularly and repeatedly. For fucks sake, even in this tiny forum of ours, you have some of our far left regulars supporting violence.... and this outlet is minuscule 

02/21/2017 07:30 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

How many terror attacks have refugees for Muslim countries committed in the US?

How many attacks have occurred from the Muslim ban countries?

Shouldn't the legitimate concern be average Americans with guns? What's our murder rate - including mass murder by gun - ten, twelve thousand a year?

Sorry, but the refugee crap is pure, unadulterated fear-mongering.

I was right.
 02/22/2017 05:15 AM

miker

Yes by all means Cole, keep dismissing people and insulting them for what they feel are very real and valid concerns. It has worked extremely well for the left so far. No house,no senate, and no White House.

Our own people should be taken care of long before we ever consider taking care of others.

02/22/2017 06:16 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Be careful around those Coconut Palms, statistically speaking they are waaaayyy more dangerous than refugees.

I was right.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Trump Rally

<< 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .