Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Back to Mar-a Lago
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/13/2017 07:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/13/2017 07:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Third week in a row for those of you watching our tax dollars and presidential vacations.

-------------------------
I was right.
 02/13/2017 07:28 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

$200k and you can look over his shoulder and read his briefing on the N Korea missile launch.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 02/13/2017 07:38 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"I would rarely leave the White House because there's so much work to be done," said Trump. "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off. You don't have time to take time off."

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 02/13/2017 08:17 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

$200k and you can look over his shoulder and read his briefing on the N Korea missile launch.

It was $100 K before he won the election. No conflict to see here....move along.

I was right.
 02/13/2017 08:56 PM

RustyTruck

It's really shameful. The whole world is seeing this too.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

02/14/2017 05:19 AM

gdudewe

Joined Forum: 11/09/2011

His staffers can get closer south to give Marco some cash.

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I noticed it always coincides with their own desires

Susan B. Anthony

Impeach Trump
 02/14/2017 05:23 AM

RustyTruck

This is the guy who said we wouldn't take vacations because there was so much work to do. Now he wants to send every weekend at his beach club in Florida.

Con job.

02/14/2017 05:44 AM

Cole

...while his wife stays in the gold house in New York.

I was right.
 02/14/2017 05:48 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I'm sure that Rick with the football gets in for free.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 02/14/2017 06:17 AM

johnnyboy

The palm beach county sherriffs office spends about 300k a weekend, palm beach police spend about 100k a weekend for security. They close down lake worth's little airport less than 8 miles away and they close off the roads. All of these players did not budget for this and they do not have a choice. This will eventually be cleared up with PBSO and palm beach pd, but it will cost millions. The lake worth airport may have to sue for constructive condemnation. As for trumps empty proclamations that he would never take vacations and always be on the job? He will tell you with extreme confidence that he is always working, even when he is on the golf course. He is of course, lying but the trumpettes need the lies because they don't want the truth. But all of this taxpayer money squandered by a man who claimed to want to save the little guy from big government and lower taxes represents a guy who is always looking out for himself at the expense of others. He is not concerned about how my palm beach county taxes have to increase to absorb his play dates. He never paid taxes so it's literally not his problem.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/14/2017 06:24 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Last week he hosted Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at his house and they played golf at Trump's golf course in Jupiter.

This isn't like Obama's Hawaiian vacations that costed taxpayers $3.5-$4.5 million apiece. Or when Michelle took their daughters and 10+ of their friends to Italy for one of their birthdays.

If Trump is hosting government leaders, then what is your complaint? You guys just want him to stay in one place? At least Trump is staying at his own house and playing on his own golf courses. Every time Obama wasn't in the White House, it was costing taxpayers about the equivalent of his $400,000 annual salary for Obama to stay in lavish hotels around the world.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 02/14/2017 06:36 AM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I think, Sniper, that Palm Beach officials and businesses didn't foresee the unbudgeted expenses of weekly visits by the President. Additionally, New York officials and the Secret Service are expending boatloads of unbudgeted resources on the 1st Lady's residence.

The complaint, as I see it, is again one of hypocracy. There were so many tears shed over every Obama foray out of the White House and in just under a month into his presidency, Trump is racking up the frequent flier miles.

02/14/2017 06:54 AM

johnnyboy

He's spreading the secret service pretty thin between New York, palm beach, DC and whatever South American country uday and qusay want to do business in. You are correct that travel is part of the presidency and the Obamas travelled but this is three weeks in and it's looking like a pattern that shows a complete lack appreciation for the taxpayer and the local communities forced to endure these frequent visits.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

02/14/2017 07:00 AM

Cole

Where does Obama stand on number of vacations in comparison with other presidents?

I was right.
 02/14/2017 07:35 AM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: Cole

Where does Obama stand on number of vacations in comparison with other presidents?

about 60% less than Dubya and about 25% more than Clinton

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 02/14/2017 07:39 AM

RustyTruck

I think he's charging for pictures with with the nuke football. Don't fumble the football Rick.

You think Putie has the ways and means to put a mole inside the Mar-a-lago club?

Nah, 200k is pretty rich.

02/14/2017 07:50 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy The palm beach county sherriffs office spends about 300k a weekend, palm beach police spend about 100k a weekend for security. They close down lake worth's little airport less than 8 miles away and they close off the roads. All of these players did not budget for this and they do not have a choice. This will eventually be cleared up with PBSO and palm beach pd, but it will cost millions. The lake worth airport may have to sue for constructive condemnation. As for trumps empty proclamations that he would never take vacations and always be on the job? He will tell you with extreme confidence that he is always working, even when he is on the golf course. He is of course, lying but the trumpettes need the lies because they don't want the truth. But all of this taxpayer money squandered by a man who claimed to want to save the little guy from big government and lower taxes represents a guy who is always looking out for himself at the expense of others. He is not concerned about how my palm beach county taxes have to increase to absorb his play dates. He never paid taxes so it's literally not his problem.

Well, then, that would be a win-win wouldn't it? You progs like paying more taxes. So now you have to put your money where your prog mouth is. Pay up, Johnnyboy.

I :heart; Q
 02/14/2017 07:52 AM

johnnyboy

I live in palm beach county. You're a little late on that demand.

02/14/2017 08:37 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: LBLarry
Originally posted by: Cole Where does Obama stand on number of vacations in comparison with other presidents?
about 60% less than Dubya and about 25% more than Clinton

Depends on what you refer to as a "vacation". If you define it as any time you aren't sleeping in the White House, then maybe that is accurate but GWB was usually at his home in Crawford, TX. He wasn't spending $350,000-$400,000 on hotels alone and dining at 5-star restaurants every night. Obama's trips to Hawaii alone are estimated to have cost American taxpayers over $35 million over the course of his two terms. That doesn't include the daughter's birthday party in Italy, with her friends, or any of the trips they took.

You guys honestly think that Trump hosting the Prime Minister of Japan at his house qualifies as a "vacation"? Give me a f'ing break. Would you take a week off work to do the same? You think this was fun and relaxing for Trump? You are the same people who couldn't give a shit about Obama playing golf with his golf coach or professional basketball players every day but want to jump all over Trump in the first month of his administration for hosting the Prime Minister of Japan at his home and playing golf with him. If you don't see the difference here, then you can't be helped.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 02/14/2017 09:09 AM

3rdworldlover

Word is, it costs one annual presidential salary every day, to secure Melania at Trump Tower.
$$$
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Back to Mar-a Lago

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .