Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Meanwhile - It's Gettin' Hot in Here
Topic Summary: 2016 Warmest on Record Globally
Created On: 01/18/2017 11:03 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/19/2017 11:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: miker

I see FK doesn't understand what the word 'maybe' means.

Doesn't surprise me coming from a one pump chump like him.

I can see that mikethemoron doesn't understand the meaning of his OWN phrase 'we can't do anything to stop it.'

"I agree that we can't do anything to stop it, but we CAN do things to slow it down and maybe reverse it over time."mikerthemoron

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 01/19/2017 12:17 PM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Your dad should have used a condom.

01/19/2017 12:30 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

Originally posted by: miker
Your dad should have used a condom.

LMAO. These things are way above fk's little head...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 01/19/2017 01:50 PM

wtf

"My past statements made over five years ago about abolishing the Department of Energy do not reflect my current thinking," he said, adding, "In fact, after being briefed on so many of the vital functions of the Department of Energy, I regret recommending its elimination."

Mr. Perry acknowledged that he had changed his views about the established science of climate change, which, in his 2010 book, "Fed Up! Our Fight to Save America From Washington," he called a "contrived, phony mess."

"I believe the climate is changing," Mr. Perry said. "I believe some of it is naturally occurring, but some of it is also caused by man-made activity."

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 01/20/2017 07:29 AM

Tomkat

Joined Forum: 12/06/2003

maybe the govt can mandate everyone buy an electric car...........wait, the govt cannot force people to buy a certain product........oh, wait, they already have (Obamacare)!!!

"Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each" - Henry David Thoreau
 01/20/2017 07:38 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yes, being forced at the state level is much better.

Auto insurance

Home insurance if you have a mortgage

Drivers license

Code enforcement for your property

Property tax

Damn you big government!

And the things I listed? In a REPUBLICAN state.

I was right.
 01/20/2017 07:44 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

"Electric car" is certainly a noble idea but, , , , at $30K plus, , , , it just aint gonna happen.

Dora Hates You
 01/20/2017 07:54 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

But they're getting there:

Tesla 3 $35K https://www.tesla.com/model3

Chevy Bolt $37.5K  http://www.chevrolet.com/bolt-ev-electric-vehicle.html

Nissan Leaf $30.7K  https://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/

"A Tesla in Every Pot!"

oh and "The average new vehicle transaction price for 2016 will hit a record $34,077, according to research from Edmunds. That's 2.7 percent higher than 2015, and 12.6 percent higher than it was in 2011, which, yes, is already five years ago. Next year, Edmunds expects that price to jump even higher, to about $35,000."

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/the-average-new-car-purchase-price-is-now-above-34000/

These would be average priced cars?

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 01/20/2017 08:01 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Tomkat maybe the govt can mandate everyone buy an electric car...........wait, the govt cannot force people to buy a certain product........oh, wait, they already have (Obamacare)!!!

If something turns out to be pollution, i.e. it travels of of the property of the emitter and damages the commons or neighboring property, then it is the government's rightful,place to regulate it.

There are different ways to do this. The government can ban the emission and enforce yhe ban with punitive measures. It could mandate that one product be used over others. Mandating one product is generally not the best means of attainment. Our economy works best when the government sets a minimum standard and lets the market figure out how to meet the standard. That is true with things light auto fuel economy and lighting.

01/20/2017 08:17 AM

tpapablo

Anyone else think it was odd that they didn't mention the margin of error on the temperature readings? Well, I took a look at that. Turns out the margin of error is .1 degree. Remember now that we were .07 degrees hotter than last year. Guess what this means? Yep, we are being lied to again by the cultists. Trump will soon stop this sick charade. When he pulls the money out of the global warming industry, these bought and paid for scientists will recede back into the margins.

I :heart; Q
 01/20/2017 08:38 AM

SuperTeeBird

Joined Forum: 12/08/2016

Yes, you have to look at the trend to make sure you aren't in the noise.

Anyway, in twenty years there will be a lot of electric cars; they really are superior to IC cars with the exception of range; cost will come down, etc.

If you think about it it's amazing we can make IC cars so cheaply. Do you know what's involved in the design and manufacture of good IC engines? It's ridiculously complex and fraught with lubrication and heat transfer problems.

Not sure how long range driving will work.

01/20/2017 10:00 AM

Cole

It looks like some people see warming as an issue.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/l...looding-411227245.html

I was right.
 01/20/2017 12:15 PM

wtf

Originally posted by: tpapablo
Anyone else think it was odd that they didn't mention the margin of error on the temperature readings? Well, I took a look at that. Turns out the margin of error is .1 degree. Remember now that we were .07 degrees hotter than last year. Guess what this means? Yep, we are being lied to again by the cultists. Trump will soon stop this sick charade. When he pulls the money out of the global warming industry, these bought and paid for scientists will recede back into the margins.

You clearly know nothing about math...go back and try again...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 01/20/2017 12:34 PM

wtf

Remember now that we were .07 degrees hotter than last year.

I will help you out and point out the first obvious mistake.

For starters we are 1.69F hotter than the LTM. The record this year surpassed last year's record by '.07' degrees. Thus the record this year was '.07' hotter than last years record. The margin of error is +-.1 - an important distinction.

Therefore your opinion continues to be built upon ignorance bordering on stupidity due to your lack of attention to detail and is thus not valid...

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 01/20/2017 12:48 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: wtf
Originally posted by: tpapablo Anyone else think it was odd that they didn't mention the margin of error on the temperature readings? Well, I took a look at that. Turns out the margin of error is .1 degree. Remember now that we were .07 degrees hotter than last year. Guess what this means? Yep, we are being lied to again by the cultists. Trump will soon stop this sick charade. When he pulls the money out of the global warming industry, these bought and paid for scientists will recede back into the margins.

I know quite a bit about math. If you know so much about it, however, feel free to explain how I am wrong to the other folks.

To the "other folks" - wtf won't do that. Why not? Probably because he doesn't have a clue as to what he is talking about. The other explanation is that he knows I am right and he is attempting to mislead you by implying he is smart and I am not (but, of course, failing to show where I am wrong).

01/20/2017 12:54 PM

wtf

Originally posted by: tpapablo Anyone else think it was odd that they didn't mention the margin of error on the temperature readings? Well, I took a look at that. Turns out the margin of error is .1 degree. Remember now that we were .07 degrees hotter than last year. Guess what this means? Yep, we are being lied to again by the cultists. Trump will soon stop this sick charade. When he pulls the money out of the global warming industry, these bought and paid for scientists will recede back into the margins.

I know quite a bit about math. If you know so much about it, however, feel free to explain how I am wrong to the other folks.

To the "other folks" - wtf won't do that. Why not? Probably because he doesn't have a clue as to what he is talking about. The other explanation is that he knows I am right and he is attempting to mislead you by implying he is smart and I am not (but, of course, failing to show where I am wrong).

I did but apparently you missed it...again, no attention to details, tsk tsk

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 01/20/2017 02:18 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: tpapablo Remember now that we were .07 degrees hotter than last year.
I will help you out and point out the first obvious mistake. For starters we are 1.69F hotter than the LTM. The record this year surpassed last year's record by '.07' degrees. Thus the record this year was '.07' hotter than last years record. The margin of error is +-.1 - an important distinction. Therefore your opinion continues to be built upon ignorance bordering on stupidity due to your lack of attention to detail and is thus not valid...

That makes no sense whatsoever. If the temp is .07 higher than last year, with a margin of error of .1, 2016's average temperature could be anywhere from .17 degrees warmer than 2015 or .03 degrees cooler than 2015. So, 2016 might have been hotter or cooler than 2015. No one knows. To say that it was hotter was a lie.

01/20/2017 03:42 PM

Cole

.03?

okay, so it's just as hot as the last record year. What are we up to now, new records for 16 of the last 17 years?

I was right.
 01/20/2017 08:50 PM

wtf

Originally posted by: tpapablo Remember now that we were .07 degrees hotter than last year.
I will help you out and point out the first obvious mistake. For starters we are 1.69F hotter than the LTM. The record this year surpassed last year's record by '.07' degrees. Thus the record this year was '.07' hotter than last years record. The margin of error is +-.1 - an important distinction. Therefore your opinion continues to be built upon ignorance bordering on stupidity due to your lack of attention to detail and is thus not valid...

That makes no sense whatsoever. If the temp is .07 higher than last year, with a margin of error of .1, 2016's average temperature could be anywhere from .17 degrees warmer than 2015 or .03 degrees cooler than 2015. So, 2016 might have been hotter or cooler than 2015. No one knows. To say that it was hotter was a lie.

You need to consider that 2015 has the same +/- error as well. So the net result is always +.07 deg difference.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 01/20/2017 09:30 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Dude. It's getting hot in here. Please remain clothed.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .