Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Let's Set'em All Free - -
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/17/2017 03:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/17/2017 03:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

KeyserSoze

Joined Forum: 03/30/2011

- - Obama Commutes Sentence

-------------------------

Who is Keyser Soze?

01/17/2017 03:32 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Now we just need to let Snowden come back.

Everyone has their opinion on him, but if you ask me the guy has got cannon balls.

When America was "great"
 01/17/2017 04:02 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Has snowden been convicted yet? He probably isn't eligible for a pardon until convicted. But, I haven't followed the story any. Isn't he still in russia?
 01/17/2017 04:05 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

I think the main deal is that the military jail doesn't have any idea how to cope with her gender identity.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 01/17/2017 04:35 PM

Cole

Trump's new guy wouldn't mind if Snowden gets the needle.

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/18/obama-refuses-to-pardon-edward-snowden-trumps-new-cia-pick-wants-him-dead/

I was right.
 01/17/2017 04:38 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

And yet, I'm supposed to be concerned about the Russians hacking some private email accounts.

Mr. President, you are a miserable piece of shit.

Dora Hates You
 01/17/2017 04:41 PM

WG

No, that starts next week.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 01/17/2017 04:42 PM

WG

"WASHINGTON - President Obama today announced 209 grants of commutation, bringing the total number in his eight years in office to 1,385. The recipients include American Civil Liberties Union client Chelsea Manning. Of the 209 commutations, 109 were granted to people serving life without parole.

Robert Booker had no criminal history when he was sentenced to life without parole for a nonviolent drug offense. The ACLU featured Booker in "A Living Death: Life Without Parole for Nonviolent Offenses."

"I was sentenced to death, not life, if you ask me," Booker said in his 2013 interview for the report. "You're just waiting until that day you die." Booker has been in federal prison since 1995. His four children have grown up without him, and he has never met his grandchildren.

"Today President Obama gave hope to 209 prisoners serving sentences that are far too long for their offenses," said Jennifer Turner, author of "A Living Death" and principal human rights researcher for the ACLU. "The president has made it possible for them to rebuild lives that have been devastated by the failed war on drugs."

ACLU

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 01/17/2017 04:46 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

violent drug felons. their violence to women, innocent children shot down. infecting the susceptible and naive fools think that lifestyle is hip or cool?
commutations? i have many friends who were murdered, or their family members were murdered. as
ive said often: if it was up to me, it would be summary executions, on the spot. does that make me a prog liberal?
but the cops are taking care of that for me, arent they? ....except: they shoot innocent or small time offenders in the back. god forbid they actually had the balls to actually take on the heavies, the true perpetrators of this nitemare.
yah but yah but: this coup d etat rigged election prez harbors, shelters, aides and abets the most violent putin sponsored paramilitary organized crime group in amerika at his properties in miami and palm beach

It's a democratic hoax
 01/17/2017 04:50 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Are these cats traitors, or whissleblowers? I mean, really. Whatcha all think?

01/17/2017 07:32 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

I think Manning probably meant well, but isnt all that mentally stable to begin with. Perhaps she was negatively influenced by Assange, which wouldnt be the first time that was thought to have happened. He is turning out to be quite the douche.

At this point, the way they were keeping Manning was getting to be a form of torture. Solitary confinement for the rest of your life? That will push a person over the edge, as evidenced by her suicide attempts.

Obama is obviously aware of this, as he knows this will be unpopular- but he feels its what he must do.

or perhaps it had more to do with this:

"On Twitter last week, Assange's anti-secrecy site WikiLeaks posted, "If Obama grants Manning clemency Assange will agree to US extradition despite clear unconstitutionality of DoJ case."

Snowden, on the other hand is very intelligent, knew exactly what he was doing and did it for some admirable reasons (if you believe what he says)

It took balls of steel- something I doubt I would be able to man up and do.. I give him credit for that, and truthfully, the light needed to be put on the NSA

When America was "great"
 01/17/2017 07:54 PM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Maybe manning and obama can hook up afterwards
 01/17/2017 09:19 PM

ionn

Joined Forum: 08/27/2015

"Let me get this straight. Chelsea Manning saw a clip of the US soldiers mockingly murdering people and engaging in a clear violation of the Geneva convention by killing rescuers after the atrocious attacks, among other war crimes committed by the military. As it would be an obligation to anyone with a sense of justice and humanity, she went ahead and turned the materials to WikiLeaks so that the facts become a part of a healthy democratic discourse.

She has done an honorable work as a public servant as well as an exemplary human being.

As a result, she has been subjected to a solitary confinement--defined as a form of torture according to international laws--for seven years. She has attempted suicide twice while being incarcerated.

Meanwhile, President Obama went on to personally oversee drone assassinations of over 4000 people, which turned out to be mostly innocent civilians.

Reading the description of the President commuting her sentence in the New York Times was as despicable, deceptive and subservient to the murderous State as the act of the President who had made an incriminating statement against Chelsea Manning even before her trial. How could the paper make it sound like she committed a crime? How could it get away with not discussing the grave nature of the war crimes committed by the state when discussing her incarceration? With a fake news propaganda war machine like the NYT and other like it, we will need many more people like Chelsea Manning.

What she's done will remain in history as an exceptional act of courage, self-sacrifice, love and peace.

Thank you Chelsea Manning."
-Hiroyuki Hamada 

01/17/2017 09:38 PM

ionn

Joined Forum: 08/27/2015

01/18/2017 05:13 AM

dingpatch

Ummmm, ionn,

AK's? RPG? Sorry MF'r but you is dead. Plain, Simple. No My Little Pony stories needed.

Dora Hates You
 01/18/2017 05:13 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

With no concern about Russia harboring Snowden, we might as well turn Manning loose.

All of these guys probably deserve to hang under traditional rules, but whether espionage is punished seems to depend on which party it benefits.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 01/18/2017 05:23 AM

dingpatch

Do ya think that Barry would give Bradley a reach around?

Dora Hates You
 01/18/2017 05:40 AM

damonsharp

Joined Forum: 10/16/2006

If I understand correctly, the Manning person just released footage of our soldiers killing civilians, which seems more like an act of journalism than espionage. Sure, he was distinctly told not to do so, but he's done his time. On the other hand, the Snowden guy intentionally distributed what he knew about our intel gathering methodology and capabilities, our partners, etc etc, making terrorists, home-grown and abroad, better able to circumvent detection. I don't think they're similar enough cases for comparison.
 01/18/2017 05:47 AM

Cole

Why did Snowden go to China and Russia?

I was right.
 01/18/2017 06:03 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Kinda like robbing a 7 11 and a bank both are wrong; one has more impact
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Let's Set'em All Free - -

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .