Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Left Is Going To FREAK When They Hear This Latest Global Warming News...
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/27/2016 08:23 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/27/2016 08:23 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

The Left Is Going To FREAK When They Hear This Latest Global Warming News
November 27, 2016 By C.E. Dyer

You know how the left likes to claim that the ice is melting and we're all going to die if we don't buy carbon credits? Well, reports have shown that in 100 years' time, the ice level in the Antarctic Sea hasn't really changed much.

The U.K. Telegraph reported:
Antarctic sea ice had barely changed from where it was 100 years ago, scientists have discovered, after poring over the logbooks of great polar explorers such as Robert Falcon Scott and Ernest Shackleton.

Experts were concerned that ice at the South Pole had declined significantly since the 1950s, which they feared was driven by man-made climate change.
But new analysis suggests that conditions are now virtually identical to when the Terra Nova and Endurance sailed to the continent in the early 1900s, indicating that declines are part of a natural cycle and not the result of global warming.

The Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) reported:
And in 2009, Al Gore announced 'there is a 75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years.'
But the missions to the Arctic were hampered by bad weather, not open sea. And the dates by which climate scientists and politicians said the ice would disappear have come and gone, while the ice has remained.

Bob Walker, a senior advisor for Donald Trump's campaign, told The Guardian that NASA's climate change research, which he called "politicized science," will be cracked down on in a Trump administration. Walker told The Guardian:
My guess is that it would be difficult to stop all ongoing NASA programs but future programs should definitely be placed with other agencies. I believe that climate research is necessary but it has been heavily politicized, which has undermined a lot of the work that researchers have been doing. Mr Trump's decisions will be based upon solid science, not politicized science.

"We see Nasa in an exploration role, in deep space research," Walker said. "Earth-centric science is better placed at other agencies where it is their prime mission."
Good, let's hope Trump does turn away from "politicized science" and stops the ridiculous, wasteful spending on the left's pet project used to garner more control for the federal government - and make money for people like Al Gore.
The left smugly shoves climate change down everyone's throat as if it is a fact, because they either don't know what the difference between "theory" and "fact," is, (or what evidence is, for that matter), or they simply don't care and know that if they say it enough, people will believe it.

It's probably a combination of both.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 11/27/2016 09:16 AM

MikeFriday

Joined Forum: 11/25/2016

I agree. There are times I think the ice levels are too low, but then I remember that I filled a cooler the other day and it's just taking the ice maker a little time to catch up.  Usually within 24 hours the bin is full again. 

I just found a time machine. See you in the future.  

11/27/2016 10:18 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Antarctic sea ice is mostly unchanged, but land ice is melting.
That is not new news.

Your cut and paste is an opinion piece from a biased conservative activist.
Talk about politicizing science...

From the telegraph (which also politicized the original journal article):
"The findings demonstrate that the climate of Antarctica fluctuated significantly throughout the 20th century and indicates that sea ice in the Antarctic is much less sensitive to the effects of climate change than that of the Arctic, which has experienced a dramatic decline during the 20th century."

Also noted is that Antarctic land ice (glaciers) is melting rapidly.

Edited: 11/27/2016 at 10:25 AM by 3rdworldlover
 11/27/2016 10:24 AM

MikeFriday

Joined Forum: 11/25/2016

I worry about the King Fish Killer. If the control c and control v functions on his keyboard stop working, he's not only going to have a difficult time posting, but his supplement to those disability checks will subside.  

The dude can't write.  

I just found a time machine. See you in the future.  

11/27/2016 11:43 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Fish Killer Well, reports have shown that in 100 years' time, the ice level in the Antarctic Sea hasn't really changed much.

This is where an honest reporter would link to actual science.

The U.K. Telegraph reported:

That isn't a science journal.

Antarctic sea ice had barely changed from where it was 100 years ago, scientists have discovered, after poring over the logbooks of great polar explorers such as Robert Falcon Scott and Ernest Shackleton.

Which ice? Land, sea? What is the total volume over time?

The Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF)

Who is that and who pays their bills?

And in 2009, Al Gore announced 'there is a 75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years.'

Gore is not a scientist and climate scientist on the whole never supported this prediction.

Plus how do we know that you are not exagerating Al Gore's exagerated prediction?

But the missions to the Arctic were hampered by bad weather, not open sea. And the dates by which climate scientists and politicians said the ice would disappear have come and gone, while the ice has remained.

Ice volume and extent in the Arctic has continued to decline.

You are arguing against a poorly constructed strawman and are side stepping any honest evaluation of the data that are available.

11/27/2016 11:44 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

The Telegraph has long promoted climate change propaganda.  Much better to go to The Economist or New Scientist, not to mention Science.  

11/27/2016 01:05 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Parts of Miami are already under water; the city has spent hundreds of millions to postpone the inevitable. Big Pine Key is under constant flood warnings at high tide and cruise lines are looking at doing tours through the NW Passage.

If it's a hoax, God is the prankster.

I was right.
 11/27/2016 01:14 PM

Fish Killer

Yo...COLESLAW....water seeks it's own level......fact.

Why exactly is Miami the only place with this problem?

I've been going to the Keys for my entire life!

There is no more water there than anywhere else and Marathon and Islamorada (where I go) have exactly the same level of water as when I was a child!

If you want to attempt to claim that Big Pine Key is under constant flood warnings then why exactly isn't the REST of the Keys under the same flood warnings?

They ARENT...and your 'proof' is a load of crap!

^These are PROVED facts.
 11/27/2016 01:32 PM

Cole

http://www.nytimes.com/interac...nuisance-flooding.html

I was right.
 11/27/2016 01:38 PM

Cole

Get the Weatherbug app on your phone, add Big Pine Key to your list, then wait for the next full moon high tide.

I was right.
 11/27/2016 01:39 PM

Fish Killer

Awwwwww...the New Your Times...a liberal prog democrap agenda driven POS rag!

^These are PROVED facts.
 11/27/2016 01:40 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

Get the Weatherbug app on your phone, add Big Pine Key to your list, then wait for the next full moon high tide.

Then do it for Marathon!

LIAR!

^These are PROVED facts.
 11/27/2016 01:44 PM

Cole

http://phys.org/news/2015-12-f...eys-property-seep.html

I was right.
 11/27/2016 01:52 PM

Fish Killer

Your tainted prog liberal democrap leaning article is a joke!

The supermoon did that...and they expected it!

If it were global warming water level rise the water would NEVER go away!

EVER!

Like I said COLESLAW...give me Marathon...Islamorada....Tavernier!

I've been to these places since I was very young!

The water height in all of these is exactly the SAME!

I put my boat in at all the same spots!

I frequent the same places as I did back then!

It has NOT changed!

Fact!

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 11/27/2016 at 02:01 PM by Fish Killer
 11/27/2016 04:35 PM

Cole

NYT compiled the data moron.

The data is irrefutable.

I was right.
 11/27/2016 04:54 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole
NYT compiled the data moron.
The data is irrefutable.

BULL CRAP!!!!

Just like NASA is irrefutable!

LIAR!

^These are PROVED facts.
 11/27/2016 05:28 PM

Cole

A staff gauge has numbers on it. It is placed in the water. When the water rises, the number gets higher.

Stilling wells have shaft encoders. Shaft encoders for stage have a weight and a float ball. When the water rises, the float rises and the data is recorded. I've seen Handar encoders go for years without need of calibration.

Both things are simple, both are very effective. The water is getting higher. Fact.

And, as usual, you are wrong about Marathon.

I was right.
 11/27/2016 05:29 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

In the lower Keys, the mangroves have been moving inland and the pines retreating for many years.  Mike Ross was the first to document the vegetation change, back in the 1990s.  It's since become much more noticeable and The Nature Conservancy has put a lot of work into documenting the shrinking Keys and how best to adapt to the situation.  

Miami doesn't have the worst sea level situation.  Various publications have produced data-based maps of the US east coast.  

One of the most serious situations is at the mouth of Chesapeake Bay, where local geology (the area is sinking) combines with rising sea level to ensure that flooding will be an increasing plroblem.  The Navy has sought funding to ensure that new construction at their bases will have a long life span with reasonable expectations of sea level rise.  I think that so far, Congress has turned them down.

11/27/2016 05:32 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: ww

In the lower Keys, the mangroves have been moving inland and the pines retreating for many years.  Mike Ross was the first to document the vegetation change, back in the 1990s.  It's since become much more noticeable and The Nature Conservancy has put a lot of work into documenting the shrinking Keys and how best to adapt to the situation.  

Miami doesn't have the worst sea level situation.  Various publications have produced data-based maps of the US east coast.  

One of the most serious situations is at the mouth of Chesapeake Bay, where local geology (the area is sinking) combines with rising sea level to ensure that flooding will be an increasing plroblem.  The Navy has sought funding to ensure that new construction at their bases will have a long life span with reasonable expectations of sea level rise.  I think that so far, Congress has turned them down.

When the army corps of engineers removed the natural flow of water through southern florida they caused that and other serious problems....it has nothing to do with global warming!

NOTHING!

^These are PROVED facts.
 11/27/2016 05:34 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Fish Killer  If it were global warming water level rise the water would NEVER go away! EVER!

That is the same as sitting on the beach and hour after low tide and asserting that because each wave doesn't wash incrementally higher up the beach than the previous that the tide is in fact not going to come in.

When temporal and spatial variations in sea surface height are averaged through time, the average sea level is rising. The mean rise across the keys in the 20th century was something on the order of 300mm. That has differing effects in different places depending on different starting elevations.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .