Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Someone sniffed out the only instance of voting fraud in the history of the U.S.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/29/2016 07:08 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/12/2016 06:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: KillerWhale
The current ruling does not equal truth. Roe v Wade could be overturned and Citizens United sure as hell should be.

Rulings are not truths, past or present, whether you agree with them or not.

Current rulings are the law of the land, and that's what you have to live by until they change.

The rulings should "clarify" the issue for those who misunderstand the issue, or for those hearing someone else deliberately misrepresent it.
 10/12/2016 06:58 AM

KillerWhale

Joined Forum: 08/13/2014

Originally posted by: RegularJoe
Originally posted by: KillerWhale The current ruling does not equal truth. Roe v Wade could be overturned and Citizens United sure as hell should be.

Rulings are not truths, past or present, whether you agree with them or not. Current rulings are the law of the land, and that's what you have to live by until they change. The rulings should "clarify" the issue for those who misunderstand the issue, or for those hearing someone else deliberately misrepresent it.

No shit they are the law of the land, but you claimed that the current rulings on the 2nd "clarifies" it. No, dude, it's a set of rulings, not a refinement, not a narrowing, not a conclusion. Not the same as earlier rulings as I said; in fact they reverse earlier rulings. WTF? Gah.

10/12/2016 07:01 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: RegularJoe

The current ruling does not equal truth. Roe v Wade could be overturned and Citizens United sure as hell should be.

Rulings are not truths, past or present, whether you agree with them or not.

Current rulings are the law of the land, and that's what you have to live by until they change.

The rulings should "clarify" the issue for those who misunderstand the issue, or for those hearing someone else deliberately misrepresent it.

"In practice, the Supreme Court will usually defer to its previous decisions even if the soundness of the decision is in doubt."
Stare decisis

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 10/12/2016 07:12 AM

KillerWhale

The 2nd is one sentence. One sentence! I can't prove it, but I believe the founders left it deliberately vague and open for a reason. Then, of course, they set up a high court to interpret it. This allows for wiggle room and pragmatism. The current set of rulings on the 2nd are, IMO, politically motivated. They can be overturned and probably will be in my lifetime.

10/12/2016 07:21 AM

WG

The 2nd is one sentence. One sentence! I can't prove it, but I believe the founders left it deliberately vague and open for a reason. Then, of course, they set up a high court to interpret it. This allows for wiggle room and pragmatism. The current set of rulings on the 2nd are, IMO, politically motivated. They can be overturned and probably will be in my lifetime.

I don't think they will be. I think the individual right to bear arms is so culturally ingrained in some segments of America that we are going to just have to deal with it forever.

But I do think that the first half of the sentence, you know the one the NRA is so afraid of that they can't even mention it, will be interpreted to give the government much broader power to regulate those arms. Stuff like mandatory background check, required training before purchase and some restrictions on weapon power.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 10/12/2016 07:29 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

You could post actual statistics that show that there are fewer than 50 confirmed cases of voter fraud in over 1 billion votes cast.

But we all know you have no plans on doing that.

What an extreme load of crap!

http://ilovemyfreedom.org/wiki...2008-election-rigging/

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 10/12/2016 07:32 AM

RegularJoe

KW, you're splitting hairs. I meant the common definition of "clarify" to help Cole's understanding, not the legal definition of a SCOTUS ruling refining a previous ruling. I thought the last sentence of my last post made that clear, but whatever.

People can't keep repeating "only a militia as fact with any honesty or integrity in light of the most recent rulings. Wishing doesn't make it so.
 10/12/2016 07:36 AM

KillerWhale

It's not a fact, but it is in there and can surely be used to provide wiggle room.

No offense, but I do sometimes have trouble figuring out what you are getting at.

WG I am not saying that gun rights will go away entirely (nor do I want them to), but there will be restrictions.

10/12/2016 07:38 AM

WG

I agree, and it won't take any change in court rulings for that to happen, just politicians with the guts to stand up to the gun lobby. Public opinion is already there.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 10/17/2016 10:25 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Still more.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article108539187.html

Poor progs - they are wrong about everything.

I :heart; Q
 10/17/2016 11:13 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Nothing more American than secret investigations.

"When asked for the complaints that started the local investigation, attorney general's workers declined to release them, expressing concern that doing so might hamper a criminal investigation."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/n...87.html#storylink=cpy

Joe McCarthy would be proud.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 10/17/2016 01:55 PM

tpapablo

10/17/2016 01:59 PM

RegularJoe

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
Joe McCarthy would be proud.

A lot like the lack of due process of being denied rights because you wound up on the secret terrorist watch list or no-fly list.
 10/18/2016 12:47 PM

tpapablo

I see that you progs are trying to pretend this thread doesn't exist. Not me. Still more dem voter fraud. Just keeps on coming, doesn't it.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/10/18/commit-voter-fraud-massive-scale-part-ii-project-veritas-investigation-clinton-network/

10/26/2016 07:11 AM

tpapablo

Yet more.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/10/25/cbs4-investigation-finds-people-voting-twice/

I have certainly already made asses of the progs who assert that voting fraud doesn't exist.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .