Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Trump on guns in schools
Topic Summary: No, Yes, Maybe
Created On: 05/24/2016 07:01 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/24/2016 07:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/23/...trump-guns/index.html

It's a complicated issue, but at some point you have to have a position. He likes to tell a crowd what they want to hear, but how far can you go before you're in a corner?

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 05/24/2016 07:49 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

05/24/2016 08:22 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

The fact people want "change" and to "rock the system" and think by putting an inexperienced, unqualified, pathological liar in the big chair will produce the "change" they want is preposterous.

When interviewed Drumpf supporters can not even describe the change they want other than, "America sucks rn!"

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 05/24/2016 08:52 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

You really shouldn't talk about hillbitch like that!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 05/24/2016 08:55 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: stokedpanda The fact people want "change" and to "rock the system" and think by putting an inexperienced, unqualified, pathological liar in the big chair will produce the "change" they want is preposterous.

Let's see. "Hope and change," remember that? The PiC was inexperienced and unqualified, having only spent 2 years in the Senate. Pathological liar? The PiC won the "lie of the year" award.

So, you dumbasses elected just that in the PiC. Now it is our turn. See how you like it.

I :heart; Q
 05/24/2016 09:29 AM

RustyTruck

Obama will hand off a stable and prosperous country to whomever is elected. If Trump were to get the nod (unlikely), if he screws the pootch and we end up a pariah state or at war, it's on you guys.

But my point is that at some point he has to have a position.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

05/24/2016 10:17 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: stokedpanda The fact people want "change" and to "rock the system" and think by putting an inexperienced, unqualified, pathological liar in the big chair will produce the "change" they want is preposterous.

Let's see. "Hope and change," remember that? The PiC was inexperienced and unqualified, having only spent 2 years in the Senate. Pathological liar? The PiC won the "lie of the year" award.

So, you dumbasses elected just that in the PiC. Now it is our turn. See how you like it.

See it's all just a huge tantrum.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 05/24/2016 10:41 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Now it is our turn. See how you like it.
tampon

Said the Cruz supporter,

I must confess, that I think that Cruz is the evil of all evil , evil. Trump is just plain ordinary evil. So I guess Trump is the lesser of evil.

Its just a whole party of dipshits who just cant decide where they want to be on any given issue. I like it just fine. thanks

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 05/24/2016 11:11 AM

stokedpanda

Well before you get all finger pointy Pandas don't vote.....EVER

But do you really think it should happen again!? Doing the same thing and expecting different results is insanity, so that would make you and your line of thinking....INSANE!?

Glad you finally admit to it, now go seek help

05/24/2016 11:21 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Well before you get all finger pointy Pandas don't vote.....EVER

Then STFU and enjoy the ride.

But my point is that at some point he has to have a position.

True, but it's unlikely the decision would rest with president alone. Not having a dead set opinion on the matter, could just mean he is willing to listen to reasonable arguments on both sides. There is a lot to be said for that mentality; you don't have to know everything as long as you're willing to listen.

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.

Edited: 05/24/2016 at 12:43 PM by worksuxgetsponsered
 05/24/2016 11:47 AM

3rdworldlover

It gets tricky, kissing NRA ass and working the mom vote at the same time.

"I don't want to have guns in classrooms, although in some cases teachers should have guns in classrooms," Trump said Sunday

Brilliant!
A true wordsmith
 05/24/2016 11:56 AM

stokedpanda

Not having a dead set opinion on the matter, could just mean he is willing to listen to reasonable arguments on both sides. There is a lot to be said for that mentality; you don't have to know everything as long as you're willing to listen.

There is a lot to be said, to the effect you could say its, "pancaking" or "waffling".....

You don't have to know everything, but to be Pres of USA one should know SOMETHING!!

05/24/2016 12:00 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

There is a lot to be said, to the effect you could say its, "pancaking" or "waffling"...

Maybe, in fact probably in Trump's case, but I'm sure there are many out there like myself that can see both the positive and negative of allowing teachers to carry in a school.

05/24/2016 12:07 PM

RustyTruck

I can't bring myself to give him that much credit WorkSux. I think he wants to play both sides of most issues, and in the end the people could get a pig in a poke.

Should that happen, and I don't think it will, I hope that congress can control him. Hell, they might be forced to work together across the aisle after all.

05/24/2016 12:26 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

I have no doubt that he is trying his best to play both sides of this issue for as long as he can and in that aspect, I don't think he really does have take a firm stand either way. The people that feel very strongly about guns in school are probably already set in who they are going to vote for, so in the end, I don't think his indecisiveness on this issue will hurt him either way.

05/24/2016 12:51 PM

stokedpanda

I have no doubt that he is trying his best to play both sides of this issue for as long as he can and in that aspect, I don't think he really does have take a firm stand either way. I don't think his indecisiveness on this issue will hurt him either way.

If you can not determine a candidates stance on any issue, then what are you voting for, do you like his hair!?

Do you vote for the indecisive candidate that way when he starts F-ing stuff up, you can say, "Well I didn't know that's how he felt on the topic."

05/24/2016 12:57 PM

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

Trump just unearthed the Vince Foster "killing".

I rejoice.  That shit will backfire as the general nears and folks stop fantasizing and window shopping.

Wiki wiki

05/24/2016 01:44 PM

3rdworldlover

"The best policies for our nation don't always fit into a tidy sound bite, and a candidate's words inevitably get distorted by the media frenzy that surrounds presidential races. So let me take a moment to set the record straight once and for all and be completely honest with you about where I stand on the issues: I strongly and firmly believe all the same things you believe."

Hitlary
http://www.theonion.com/blogpo...st-second-i-beli-52979
 05/24/2016 01:56 PM

RustyTruck

She'll even say it in your accent for a few dollars more.

05/25/2016 04:51 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Trump on everything.

No, yes, maybe.

The dude is a thin skinned spazz.

I was right.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .