Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Finally a Republican that recognizes the importance of Global Warming
Topic Summary: But as usual for these hypocrites- only when it hits home
Created On: 05/23/2016 12:59 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/23/2016 12:59 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Donald Trump wants to build another huge wall, this time to keep out the rising seas threatening to swamp his luxury golf resort in Ireland.

The Republican presidential candidate has called climate change a ''con job'' and a ''hoax.'' But in an application filed this month in County Clare, Ireland, the Trump International Golf Links and Hotel cites the threat of global warming in seeking a permit to build a nearly two-mile-long stone wall between it and the Atlantic Ocean. The beach in front of the 18th green is disappearing at a rate of about a yard each year.

Trump's application, first reported Monday by Politico, cites local regulations pertaining to ''rising sea levels and increased storm frequency and wave energy associated with global warming.'' An attached environmental impact statement says that almost all the dunes in western Ireland are retreating ''due to sea level rise and increased Atlantic storminess.''

-------------------------
Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

05/23/2016 01:08 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Doonbeg, I have played that course and it is hellacious.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 05/24/2016 06:31 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

A few years ago , I'm playing that course with 2 of my friends. We had been touring Ireland and were spending the last week at what was then the Doonbeg Resort. I have played some golf. The course is right off the ocean. There are huge dunes 100 yards above the high tide line. Its around 50 degrees, misty rain and a no shit 25-30 knot wind coming in off the ocean. The rough on this course is some kind of really gnarly grass. Such that if you don't hit the ball in the fairway and go in the rough, the odds of finding your ball are slim.

We are walking the course. ( no carts allowed ) Its over hill and dale. ( not to mention it cost around 230 euro to play plus I had to rent clubs ) SO we get to this hole that is a Par 3. Tee to the hole is around 100 yards. Tee to green is around 85 yards. The green is no more than 30 yards wide. On the left side is an escarpment. Around the hole is straight down around 50 feet all around. Misty rain in the face with a blowing wind off the ocean. I'm up first. I pull out a 3 iron. Tee the ball up low. Wind blows the ball off the tee. I put my foot on the tee and push it into the ground and put the ball on it. I take a hard full swing. I think I'm on. Stoner. Nope hits the front of the green and rolls back into the canyon. I tee up another ( there is no drop area) I put the ball back in the stance and try to hit it lower to avoid the wind. Goes a little left and bounce off the escarpment into the canyon. No reason to keep this up. My friends tee it up with similar results. We all place an X on the score card and keep moving. We talked to a few other people in the club house. Most said they would not play the course on a day like that.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.

Edited: 05/24/2016 at 07:04 AM by jdbman
 05/24/2016 07:00 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

85yrd three iron!!??

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 05/24/2016 07:03 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

This should make for some fun debate questions.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/24/2016 07:30 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .