Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Political Revolution is dead
Topic Summary: Long live the Revolution
Created On: 04/27/2016 06:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/27/2016 06:42 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Well, we put up a good fight, and brought a lot of people in. Some of them young and naive, but they felt for a moment that they could make a difference. And they did, but they won't realize it yet.

We pushed Hillary to the left, which I consider a good thing. I hope it will make her a more well balanced President and I hope she'll remember that the working and student classes still have a great deal of political power.

But probably not. She won't rock the financial boat.

But alas, I think it's time for Bernie to pack it in. He's a great man, an inspirational man, but he can't overcome the Clinton machine this time around.

I wish Hillary would consider him as a running mate, together they would be unstoppable. But she won't.

She'll pick Sharrod Brown (who?) or some other young democrat who doesn't pose a big risk for stealing her spotlight.

They will go on to win in by a narrow margin over Trump and his unwashed NASCAR audience and everyone else who rallies to the fascist dog whistle.

Bernie Bros and moderate Republicans may just stay home.

But wait... who is that on the horizon?

Could it be?

Elizabeth Warren picking up Bernie's bandiera rossa?

Take heart comrades, we will be back.

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 04/27/2016 06:55 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Relax in peace bern man. I am happy you were part of it. While the right sniped eachother with the most juvenile attacks, you refused to comment about Bill clinton's infidelity. While the GOP watched in horror as Rubio tried to say trump had a small dick, Cruz and trump compared wives pictures and incomes. Bernie reminded everyone to follow the money. He is real. He is s much bigger threat to the too big to fail welfare class on Wall Street than anyone had been in years and he showed them to us on the campaign trail. They are exposed but they are not wounded. His parting words were priceless. Hillary was implying that his supporters need to get in line and defeat the evil trump. This is the nature of politics and the hardest part for those new to politics to swallow: think of the lesser evil. Bernie told them his supporters wouldn't do anything because he told them to and they would make up their own minds. He leaves the same man who entered.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/27/2016 09:56 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

I think it is funny the media is almost trying to make Bernie look like a bully for his "attacks" on Hillary!

The one-sided-ness is what made me chuckle, like she has never attacked anyone

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 04/27/2016 10:05 AM

skatensurf

Joined Forum: 09/28/2006

i think the media just highlights it because he said from the beginning he would not make attacks, so it shows he's getting a little nervous
 04/27/2016 12:09 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Bernie would have won if he was given equal time.  But the media is owned by the people he wants to make pay their fair share.  The best thing that came from the Repugnitards picking a giant douche over a turd sammich, is that there won't be another Bush. 

04/27/2016 12:24 PM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

You talk of political revolution. It'll be interesting to see if you put your vote where your mouth is if Trumps wins the nod.

Hillary? (Career politicians with thousands of skeletons in her closet)

Trump? (Owes noone nothing, obvious threat to establishment)

Or will you just not vote and throw it away? Or even better, organize and fight the BS premise that Hillary deserves the nod to represent your party.

04/27/2016 06:43 PM

RustyTruck

My primary vote was for Bernie.

My next vote will be against fascism.

But the moment Bernie bows out, I'm out of the D party and back to NPA.

Wrong revolution bro.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 04/28/2016 03:06 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

this one is for Trollpanda. even obreezy is cashing in on his name...panda

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 04/28/2016 03:14 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: RustyTruck My primary vote was for Bernie. My next vote will be against fascism. But the moment Bernie bows out, I'm out of the D party and back to NPA. Wrong revolution bro.

its the same one, Rusty. Love him or hate him, but you can not deny the fact he has exposed how rigged the system is, and how it favors the elite/Oligarchs. Think about it, why is it that Bernie had so much support, won the most votes, yet Hillary beat him? What the establishment has done to silent Bernie, Ron Paul, etc., is what they are trying to do to Trump. Only difference is, more and more people are becoming awake, rejecting the obvious propaganda against him, and he is becoming hard to silence. People are starting to realize that it's not what the candidates say, but how they are treated by the media is how to tell if a candidate is good for we the people, or them the Oligarchs. 

You and the rest of the left allowed yourselves to fall for the propaganda against Trump, turned all of your energy into hatred/fear of Trump (hatred and fear that was caused by propaganda), instead of using that hatred towards Hillary. If the left showed their support towards Bernie with as much passion as they showed their hatred towards Trump, you wouldn't be feeling the Bern of being burned by your party.

Trump is dubbed "racist" because he wants to control the flood of illegal immigration. I had a whole thread giving you guys a chance to prove he is racist, but not one of you could. Never mind the blatant racist snippets that comes/has come from Hillary's mouth. All you could produce was propaganda by the media where they took statements out of contex. Let's see, what else? Oh, he's a "bully" and a mean guy. Why, because he speaks how he feels, tells it like it is, and doesn't cower/hide behind being "PC?" But again, silence on how much of a bully Hillary is.  What else, he is a womanizer? Why? In your own words (not regurgitated media propaganda) what makes him a bigot? Now compare that to Bill Clinton. 

"It's easier to fool a man than convince him he's being fooled"

Dont be a fool and vote for the establishment. Open your eyes, realize what's going on, and vote against it.

04/28/2016 04:40 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: bob3000 this one is for Trollpanda. even obreezy is cashing in on his name...panda

That video was almost as coherent/understandable as some of your jokes, Bob.

04/28/2016 04:53 AM

damonsharp

Joined Forum: 10/16/2006

Originally posted by: obx2 You talk of political revolution. It'll be interesting to see if you put your vote where your mouth is if Trumps wins the nod.

LOL at obx trying to make Trump and Sanders parallel.

A diamond and a cat turd are both carbon-based things, therefore they're the same, right?

04/28/2016 05:02 AM

RustyTruck

It's really not Obie. We don't need to elect the political equivalent of a professional wrestler to circumvent a biased system.

In fact, consider this. The fact that Bernie made it this far, and Trump stands to represent the Rs in November is proof that while being biased, even "rigged" by the powerful, the people still have a loud voice. Frankly, democracy is in better shape than I thought.

But you can't allow your "rage against the machine" to influence you to make a choice that will hurt the country.

In fact after Trump's attempt at a foreign policy speech, I would fear for Americans who live and travel abroad.

Pick up truck bumper sticker slogans are not sound policy. It's fun to watch on Saturday morning, but we need experienced people in charge Monday morning.

Yet still, I think there's no way he can win a general election.

04/28/2016 05:13 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

Originally posted by: obx2 That video was almost as coherent/understandable as some of your jokes, Bob.

I don't expect you to grok my jokes, obie. They are for more "reasonable" people. & continue,

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 04/28/2016 05:20 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: bob3000

Originally posted by: obx2

That video was almost as coherent/understandable as some of your jokes, Bob.

I don't expect you to grok my jokes, obie. They are for more "reasonable" people. [IMG][/IMG] & continue,

I almost spewed coffee on my monitor, forgot I had the volume all the way up before I clicked!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 04/28/2016 05:32 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: RustyTruck It's really not Obie. We don't need to elect the political equivalent of a professional wrestler to circumvent a biased system. In fact, consider this. The fact that Bernie made it this far, and Trump stands to represent the Rs in November is proof that while being biased, even "rigged" by the powerful, the people still have a loud voice. Frankly, democracy is in better shape than I thought. But you can't allow your "rage against the machine" to influence you to make a choice that will hurt the country. In fact after Trump's attempt at a foreign policy speech, I would fear for Americans who live and travel abroad. Pick up truck bumper sticker slogans are not sound policy. It's fun to watch on Saturday morning, but we need experienced people in charge Monday morning. Yet still, I think there's no way he can win a general election.

And therein lies the problem, and illustrates how/why "We the People" allow the Oligarchs to continue raping us.

You speak of the "Political Revolution being dead." Its only dead because you only see one version of it being the only way. In fact, if I am reading between the lines on what you are saying, you would still vote for Hillary instead of Trump. You would literally vote for the establishment/Oligarchs, instead of against it, all the while talking about the revoloution being dead, and be completely blind to fact that you are part of the force that is killing it.

Ands thats how they do it, folks. Divide and Conquer. "I'd rather vote for the very establishment that fcks me over, instead of vote for that other guy" Oh, and by the way, your opinion of the other guy was formed for you. So, in the end, they control your opinion, so you unwillingly vote for this fcked up system to continue on. Its really that simple.

By the way, you call Trump "Fascist"

Lets take a look at the definition of Fascim: a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government.

Tell me Rusty, who acts more like a fascist, Obama or Trump? Yet you support Obama?

In todays society, what happens when someone disagrees with the government (ie, disagrees with Obamacare, amnesty, supports the Bundys, etc), does the media not go into full on propaganda mode labeling them all as racist, bigoted, white Christians? Also, how many times have we heard "We must act fast" or how many EOs have been issued that completley stomp on the Constitution?

As I said before, you know the propaganda is working when you actually support government, especially when you even go on to mock/snark at the opposing view. Time to wake up, you've been supporting a fascist this whole time (except he is more of a puppet).

04/28/2016 06:22 AM

RustyTruck

It's almost inconceivable to me that anyone could listen to 30 seconds of a trump speech and elect him bathroom monitor.

Obama has been like any other moderate democrat. He didn't take away the guns, he didn't silence his enemies, and he's subject to the constitution like any other president.

The media just sells soap, when there's no news they make some up.

I see the USA in global context, and Trump is a very real threat to our standing and reputation. For the first time in modern history we could be outcasts.

04/28/2016 06:28 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Trump isn't "We the People" nor does he represent "We the People" any more than Rick Scott.

Just because someone can pay his own way into office doesn't make him a decent choice for executive governance.

04/28/2016 06:35 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: obx2 Oh, and by the way, your opinion of the other guy was formed for you.

Says the guy who regularly copy/pastes sensational garbage memes from social media and his favored right wing websites.

Edited: 04/28/2016 at 06:52 AM by scombrid
 04/28/2016 06:50 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: obx2 In your own words (not regurgitated media propaganda) what makes him a bigot?  

I can quote his speech about Mexicans again.

In that speech he did not simply warn that we need to better scrutinize migrants and secure the border where such scrutiny isn't happening.

No, he first characterized illegal immigrants as Mexican rapists, murderers, and drug dealers and maybe a few good people.

Given the general demographics of the illegal immigrants from Latin America I'd say his characterization is grossly innaccurate.

04/28/2016 06:57 AM

scombrid

Trump is a distraction.

The Koch's have only endorsed Hillary because they know their endorsement will hurt her with independents and progressives. The Kochs are trying to encourage apathy on the non-Republican side for the good of the Congressional seats up for grabs in November.

Bernie supporters need to stay engaged and turn their focus toward the House and Senate. That's where the Kochs and ALEC are looking right now

Edited: 04/28/2016 at 07:03 AM by scombrid
Statistics
146498 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .