Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Heaven or Hell
Topic Summary: Something to think about......
Created On: 01/26/2016 07:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/27/2016 08:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

sonfollowerssurf

Joined Forum: 09/05/2012

Originally posted by: scombrid
Originally posted by: sonfollowerssurf

$$$$$ If you were to die in your next breath, where would you spend eternity? HEAVEN or HELL it is your choice and there are the only 2 answers...

WAYNE

I grew up Southern Baptist. I went to a weekend long youth revival when I was 15. The formula for the event was music and fun and bonding leading to the hell sales pitch and the sobbing alter call. Lots of feel good "Our God is an Awesome God" on refrain began the event. But as the days wore on the message became dire. Images of kids committing suicide and hung up on drugs played on the big screen behind the evangelist while he preached about hell without salvation. Teens sobbed their way to the alter call to be led of to back rooms for special counseling to dedicate their soul to Jesus.

I stay in my seat feeling no need to be pressured into such an action given that I was pretty happy with my life and trusted my parents' teaching.

Two adult ministers from local churches took the empty seats flanking me, effectively cornering me. They asked me that very question that you asked.

I responded as I had been taught:  "It is entirely up to God, whatever is his will is mine".

They did not like that answer and berated me for some time including grasping my shoulders imploring me to go to the alter call.

I decided then that something that required so much emotional appeal and peer pressure probably should not be trusted. The adults' behavior towards a teenager was borderline predatory.

Their sales tactic seems to work on people that are troubled though.

Emotion is killing the present-day church. We focus way too much on music and entertainment and not enough time in the truth which is God's word. Wake up it's all about Jesus Christ! Any questions feel free to contact me anytime.

01/27/2016 08:35 AM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

... Why not try to preach and convert someplace a little more challenging?

I mean, while this esteemed forum is a wonderful platform from which to exchange points of view and learn the thoughts of others, it is clearly domiciled in only what I can surmise as a comfortable place.

Do the hard work, and no, I'm not talking of conducting exercises on a sandy beach where sacrifice is putting on sunscreen or burning shoe leather at some strip mall, but get down & dirty in a war zone which can truly be described as "hell on earth".

Go to Syria.

01/27/2016 08:53 AM

sonfollowerssurf

So I ask a question. Why do you guys give me a bunch of responses? I was looking for 122,000   People to respond to the question. If you were to leave this earth today where would you spend eternity? HEAVEN or Hell....

01/27/2016 08:55 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Wake up it's all about Jesus Christ! Any questions feel free to contact me anytime.

I think last time I questioned heaven or hell; in regards to life before birth, your response was something like, "We were not in heaven before we were born because the holy spirit is instilled in us until we are born."

This conflicts with most religious folks ideas on abortion; That killing unborn babys is wrong because they have life....any light that can be shed on at what point durning pregnancy the holy spirit is created, is interesting IMO as this is often dodged.

-------------------------
I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 01/27/2016 09:09 AM

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

Neither of those for certain...otherwise don't know, don't care.

If you have any questions about the nature of reality, please feel free to contact me.  I know a lot about science/nature as well as human nature.

Wiki wiki

01/27/2016 09:10 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Emotion is killing the present-day church.

I agree to some extent, but not entirely. Emotions are an inseparable part of humanity, and inseparable from any relationship with others. Love is chief among the commandments, and emotions that naturally flow from it need to be recognized and dealt with.

We focus way too much on music and entertainment and not enough time in the truth which is God's word.

I agree completely.

it's all about Jesus Christ!

Exactly! Sorry to see you going from there right back to the Heaven and Hell proposal from there. Nourish yourself and others with the Daily Bread, and as I've said before, the rest will take care of itself.

As to the earlier questions, I cannot just ignore every pastor. Father and Son raised up leaders for a reason. But I will test everything I hear against scripture and prayer. It helps to keep yourself grounded via some form of fellowship. It also helps to have a trustworthy place you can send new converts for fellowship and guidance, in case you never see them again. You can't just pour water on their head and send babes back into the wild.

I absolutely despise anything to do with any "prosperity gospel" theology. If it's a gospel of God, it's available to everyone. Daily companionship with Christ, guidance of the Holy Spirit, salvation and eternal life are available to who choose.

You can enjoy the trip as well as the destination. It may not be first class getting there (sacrifice is required), but it's reliable transportation.

And worksux, thanks for the pic. I felt surprising amounts of guilt for enjoying the first post-Ozzy album so much. Good stuff.
 01/27/2016 09:13 AM

havanabama

Joined Forum: 07/23/2003

I have no idea
what I will experience
when I die. If anything
And neither do you.

Ditto

And give up on that soul crap, what a joke, man has a soul and everyother living thing on earth doens't, so narsassitic hahahahaha

Ah, religion, bigotry dressed up as morality.
 01/27/2016 09:17 AM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

So I ask a question. Why do you guys give me a bunch of responses? I was looking for 122,000   People to respond to the question. If you were to leave this earth today where would you spend eternity? HEAVEN or Hell....

... Let's review: you posted some binary absolute that goes along with your concept of a particular franchise of mysticism and the "bunch of responses" initially logged were dismissive of your narrow line of perception.

Enter RegularJoe and fellow necromancer, ummmm, and your bunch of responses devolved into a circle jerk.

To answer your flawed presimise: I reject your binary absolutes and will submit that eternity ceases upon the termination of life. No more, no less. To believe that one's spirit or afterlife exists is a feel good exercise created to make people comply.

01/27/2016 09:21 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

Originally posted by: sonfollowerssurf responses? I was looking for 122,000   ....

and y'all wonder where you get your delusional reputation from.....smh & 0/5

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 01/27/2016 09:23 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

None of this can be proved or disproved. Its just a matter of faith. Either you have it or you don't. I prefer to hedge my eternal bet.

But I can tell you with full faith and confidence, there is no "hell".

Unless its here on Earth. Most of the real heathens are repugs and I avoid them to preserve my sanctity.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 01/27/2016 10:13 AM

sonfollowerssurf

LOVE.......Do you love these guys? Most commonly misused word. If you LOVE truly you will, want to save them from the fire with God's WORD. Do not just assume. Listen, I LOVE you guys so much, I just share TRUTH with you. Not trying to scare you. This is all temporary. I choose not to jump into your worldly discussions, but some of you choose to jump into these Godly discussions.... Why? Is the confrontation? The curiosity? Or well maybe you guys are seeking more about HIS way because it is the ONLY WAY and it is better than our way...

01/27/2016 10:15 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

This discussion is just as worldly as deciding what to have for lunch.

01/27/2016 10:19 AM

Wookie

You should love and minister to the needy; the tax collectors and sinners.  Not established, working everyday folks who don't need your help.  Trying to convince people who are standing on their own two legs they need your help is laughable.

Hump on down to Daily Bread or the drug sell/buy zones, you are wasting your time here.

Also, you are wrong about why people are engaging you.  People on here LIKE TO ARGUE.  Do I even need to explain that?

Wiki wiki

01/27/2016 12:30 PM

sonfollowerssurf

Originally posted by: Wookie You should love and minister to the needy; the tax collectors and sinners.  Not established, working everyday folks who don't need your help.  Trying to convince people who are standing on their own two legs they need your help is laughable.

Hump on down to Daily Bread or the drug sell/buy zones, you are wasting your time here.

Also, you are wrong about why people are engaging you.  People on here LIKE TO ARGUE.  Do I even need to explain that?

No it's not wasted time. I will not make a list of what I do outside of preaching the gospel. You see people that think they have it all together, usually they fooling themselves. You see, I admit it I'm a sinner and the only thing that saves me is the blood of Jesus Christ. So what must you do,you first need to admit that you do sin.  Do you know how many people come up to me and say I don't want to hear this message because I've heard it before? So do you therefore expect me to say OK you heard it before so I'm not going to preach to you. No, I want to make sure that you guys are hearing the correct Gospel. I know some of you but not all of you. I know I have good relationships with especially ummmmm.  Let me tell you Jesus didn't quit therefore I don't quit, I will just run the race that has been set before not looking to the left or the right but looking forward and continuously not wavering but preaching the truth.

Impacting the coast for JESUS

321-626-9107

01/27/2016 12:35 PM

Wookie

You see people that think they have it all together, usually they fooling themselves. 

Sounds like you to me dude.

No one likes to be preached to.  I will continue to make that clear.

If you want me to meet God, tell him to call me.  A typical thumper like you doesn't know any more about anything than I do and I certainly don't accept you or anyone like you as God's mouthpiece.

Wiki wiki

01/27/2016 01:28 PM

stokedpanda

NO WE DONT!

01/27/2016 01:32 PM

stokedpanda

Originally posted by: sonfollowerssurf LOVE.......Do you love these guys? Most commonly misused word. If you LOVE truly you will, want to save them from the fire with God's WORD. Do not just assume. Listen, I LOVE you guys so much, I just share TRUTH with you. Not trying to scare you. This is all temporary. I choose not to jump into your worldly discussions, but some of you choose to jump into these Godly discussions.... Why? Is the confrontation? The curiosity? Or well maybe you guys are seeking more about HIS way because it is the ONLY WAY and it is better than our way...

Hey preacher man, curious if you ever think why God created humans in the first place? To spread his word.....to whom, eachother? Why create something to spread something...sounds like he made us in the likeness of a virus?

01/27/2016 02:49 PM

sonfollowerssurf

I have proposed this before and I will do it again. You bring your proof and army, and I will bring myself and whoever wants to join me and The Word. Science, fables, imaginery aliens cannot and will not stand up to God's Word. Take or leave it, if you think you got this life and afterlife covered why not give it a whirl. You guys have so much to say and no proof. Actually I am really just interested in seeing who you are, I already know the answers.....

01/27/2016 02:54 PM

stokedpanda

Originally posted by: sonfollowerssurf I have proposed this before and I will do it again. You bring your proof and army, and I will bring myself and whoever wants to join me and The Word. Science, fables, imaginery aliens cannot and will not stand up to God's Word. Take or leave it, if you think you got this life and afterlife covered why not give it a whirl. You guys have so much to say and no proof. Actually I am really just interested in seeing who you are, I already know the answers.....

Why we are put on earth is an age old question, does it not peak your curiosity? Or do you believe you are here to spread the word, and that is your only "purpose"?

01/27/2016 03:38 PM

Wookie

No proof...

You also have none.  It's called personal belief.  We are all free to have it.  You may keep yours but stop telling me mine is wrong.

I already know the answers.....

I stay far, far away from anyone who says that.  Huge red flag.  See ya pal (that's the nicest I can put it).

Wiki wiki

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Heaven or Hell

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .